Moonlight Madness registration question

disneygrandma

Mickey Fan
Instructions say that we can not register with Member Services, but instead there will be some kind of link online. It says everything (registration, cancellation, etc) must be online. Where exactly do I look for the link when the date opens?

Also, our family group is divided between two villas, but only one villa has my husband and myself (members), so I'm worried about being able to register for both villas. This will be the first event that happens to fall on on our travel dates, and I don't want to miss out on getting registered.

Any and all information will help me to be prepared when the morning arrives. I don't want to disappoint kids and grandkids, or myself. Thanks for your help with this!

You need the link prior to the date. Even with the link, the website may or may not work correctly, the event we booked took 40 minutes to get to the reservation page and the website crashed at the end of the process. There is a limit on the number of guests per membership, I don't know what it is. We were told to have everyone in our party when picking up the bands at the resort, we did, but most only had one person picking up all of the bands in their group. Seemed that the CM's just gave up and started giving out bands, people picking up weren't on the list, some got upset.

:earsboy: Bill

where on the website will I find the link?

I did see where there is a maximum # of people per membership, or for those with reservations you are allowed everyone on the reservation. So I'm back to my fear about having 2 reservations for 11 people, and the one room is under our son's name who is not a member. I booked the reservation with our points as this is a family trip. Will I have a link for both reservations?

I do worry about the website crashing on the 1st morning to register. Any idea why we can't book this thru Member Services?

I don’t know if you will receive links for both Villas. But this is what was in the member site:

Attachments

• 73384A96-F97B-46AB-8D80-9642B31EA8AA.jpeg
    73384A96-F97B-46AB-8D80-9642B31EA8AA.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

For this past month's AK Moonlight Magic, I received an e-mail with a link. Also in this e-mail had the following " On-Property Resort Guests may reserve space for the Member and up to the number of Guests listed in their Resort accommodations. Members without a Resort reservation may reserve space for the Member and up to five Guests. Walk-ins will not be permitted."

After clicking the link and getting to the website, it asked if we were staying on site. I answered Yes, but I do not recall if I needed to enter my room reservation number.

We had five people on our reservation, however, I was able to have a total of six people attend. I don't think I did anything to cheat the system to get the sixth space. It was offered, and I took it. There is no requirement of 'assigning' the ticket to the person in MDE.

On the day of the party, I went by myself to the hotel concierge (they had a sign indicating it was for check in). I showed my ID (and maybe my card), and received six wristbands. I was able to hand them out to my guests at my leisure. No further ID was ever required by anyone, the wristband gave full access.

OP, I highly recommend calling Member Services before the day reservations can be made, to try to get clarification from them. Reading the rules, it makes me think you cannot have more than six guests. But based on real life experience, I think you will be okay. But I wouldn't trust what you read on the internet.

I did call MS this afternoon, and was told a couple of things. One: I might have to register both villas, but there's a possibility that one will be accepted and the other might not if it gets sold out first. Two: I might be able to register all 11 under one reservation # and then because of the larger # of people, it will automatically be flagged and someone at MS will check to see if we indeed have enough rooms for that many people. If not, they will cancel the party registration. (No phone call to see if something was being overlooked.) Both of these scenarios worry me.

We have thought about moving my husband's name over to the room with my son's name on it to make sure that is pops up as being an eligible reservation. But then we're back to probably having to do 2 separate registrations and because it's being done thru Disney's website with it's reputation for problems, we might not get "OK'd" for both rooms to attend the party. We have also thought about getting a 3 bedroom villa, but that will not only be more points than our two - 2 bedroom villas, but we will also be losing 2 beds (2nd pull-out in the other living room, and the 2nd master bedroom king bed) Because of the dynamics of how the family is divided up between girls /boys, ages, etc....we would much prefer having those 2 extra beds.

I am so worried about this! I just don't know to chance what we have, or try and make some changes, and I only have a couple of days left. I just wish that MS was handling this, but I was told that Marketing is who's throwing this party so MS can't be making any registrations.

If anyone else has information on this subject, I would love to hear it! Thanks!

When do they normally email the links to sign up?

I’d move your husbands name to the other reservation and then have him log in separately at the same time as you to try to register. At least that way it might not get flagged. I get the worries about Disney tech though. It is pretty awful. Fingers crossed for you!

I’d move your husbands name to the other reservation and then have him log in separately at the same time as you to try to register. At least that way it might not get flagged. I get the worries about Disney tech though. It is pretty awful. Fingers crossed for you!

I'm pretty sure what will cause the flagging will be 2 separate registrations with the same membership number. The best option would be to move to a Grand Villa if it's available. The wording is basically a total of 6 people or up to the occupancy limit of your villa.

We are in the same situation. 8 of us under 2 separate reservations. Since its all done online, I don't expect them to make any exceptions. We are planning accordingly. Told DD and DSIL they may not be able to attend but I will be taking my grandchildren lol.

I don't think registration will fill up within a few minutes, so putting your husband on the other reservation should work just fine.

But the guidelines say, only one reservation per membership number. I’m assuming the OP will be making 2 reservations with one membership number, so the second one might not go through.

“In order to allow as many Members as possible to enjoy Moonlight Magic, only one event date for each participating park will be available per Membership.“

My take on the one event date per membership is that we can only go on one calendar date per park. For instance, I believe that Epcot is having 2 MM parties, so each membership could only go on one of those two dates. However, who knows what will happen.

My husband leaves all this Disney stuff to me, so he doesn't have a separate Disney login or even his own email address. My husband did say that he doesn't want to use more points to get a Grand Villa and lose 2 beds in the process, which is the same feeling as other family members.

I guess I will call MS back today and confirm that our 2 reservations have the "traveling with" message on them, so hopefully that way if it allows me to put 11 people on one registration for the party then MS will see that we have the 2 villas. UGH! I just don't like this unknowing. I'm leaning against putting my husband's name on the one registration because he will have to use somebody else's magic band every time he wants to get in to the villa that he will actually be staying in, and that probably won't work out well.

I'll post the outcome of what happens. Thanks everyone for your input!

I just called MS and asked about the link. They said it gets emailed the day before. Hopefully there’s no glitches in the emailing process! We’re hoping to go too!

When do they send out the link?

I just called MS and asked about the link. They said it gets emailed the day before. Hopefully there’s no glitches in the emailing process! We’re hoping to go too!

If you are worried about missing the email, you can also just RSVP on the Moonlight Magic page when you’re logged into the DVC site. No need to worry about receiving the email or not - the registration dates and ability to register (once registration opens) are right on the site.

We have done 2 Moonlight Magic events and I haven’t bothered with watching for the email.

I've never received the email with the MM link. I've gone to the website or last Dec, when the whole system crashed as I was trying to book the Feb MK event, I got the link when some thoughtful Diser posted the link here.

Geez. Currently DH is locked out of his MDE account and according to FB so are many others. I certainly hope this is fixed tomorrow so we can book this without a problem. If there is no email can we search for the event in our DVC account to get the link that way?

I am staying on a cash reservation and plan to register tomorrow. will the reservation link on the DVC website likely go live at 9am?

Geez. Currently DH is locked out of his MDE account and according to FB so are many others. I certainly hope this is fixed tomorrow so we can book this without a problem. If there is no email can we search for the event in our DVC account to get the link that way?

I have not used MDE to book this event and I don’t even know if you can. I always do it on the DVC site.

To get to Moonlight Magic registration, I:

-The first option is Moonlight Magic. Click that.
-Then there is a list of MM locations. Click on the park where MM will be.
-Then there either a blue box that says “How to Register” (if it’s not open yet) or “RSVP online” if it is open.

You can go to the page today and just bookmark it for tomorrow. There is no need to wait for an email and no need to log into MDE. Just DVC.

I am staying on a cash reservation and plan to register tomorrow. will the reservation link on the DVC website likely go live at 9am?

If you follow the instructions on my previous post, you can just bookmark the page for the event today for easy access tomorrow. It will say on the page for your event what time registration opens. I believe it is usually 9 am Eastern but double check the page for your specific event to be sure. It will say it there.

Thank you for all this info. I have been watching for the email all day and nothing. At least if all goes well with the website tomorrow I can register there.
I hope it works out for all of us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter