Moonlight Magic 2019?

Does any room reservation count for early booking? We are out of points but can book a value for the night we need if it counts.

I'm going to say yes. The way I understand it to be is if you are an eligible DVC member who bought direct or grandfathered in via resale and have a WDW reservation you are eligible.

This is directly from the DVC website.....When staying using cash or RCI® points, Members can register themselves and up to the number of individuals staying in the same room as the Member.

I'm going to say yes. The way I understand it to be is if you are an eligible DVC member who bought direct or grandfathered in via resale and have a WDW reservation you are eligible.

This is directly from the DVC website.....When staying using cash or RCI® points, Members can register themselves and up to the number of individuals staying in the same room as the Member.

We had cash at AOA for last years mk and the system wasn’t recognizing the reservation and had to call it was a big mess. So wasn’t sure if anything has changes

Curious if anyone knows the answer to this? My husband and I are co-owners of our DVC contract. We're a family of 6 traveling in May during the EPCOT event and only had enough points to book 2 studios.
During registration when I enter our member number will both reservations come up so I can register all 6 of us?

The information states that multiple rooms will be eligible this time but that's new so hard to say exactly how it will work. In the past I think you've entered the membership number and then the reservation number. There's nothing that popped up to select from unless it changed with the last few registrations.

MK didn’t sell out last year but they had 3 dates m, this year just 2 I wonder if any chance to get tickets with out a resort reservation. The dates aren’t great for anyone that has to travel further or have kids that can’t miss school.

MK didn’t sell out last year but they had 3 dates m, this year just 2 I wonder if any chance to get tickets with out a resort reservation. The dates aren’t great for anyone that has to travel further or have kids that can’t miss school.
That’s so crazy given how fast tickets went for Epcot in July. I would imagine these events will sell out fast this time because people seem to be more in the know about them now. Who knows maybe they will hold some tickets back for those not staying onsite.

That’s so crazy given how fast tickets went for Epcot in July. I would imagine these events will sell out fast this time because people seem to be more in the know about them now. Who knows maybe they will hold some tickets back for those not staying onsite.

MK also has a higher capacity and so much to do and last year was also early in the year .

what do you mean by event sells out, is there a charge for these events for DVCers?

what do you mean by event sells out, is there a charge for these events for DVCers?

There is no charge so "sell out" is not correct. Completely booked would be more accurate.

There are a limited number of tickets available, however, to each event. They have more recently been completely booked within 15 minutes of the booking window opening.

There is no charge so "sell out" is not correct. Completely booked would be more accurate.

There are a limited number of tickets available, however, to each event. They have more recently been completely booked within 15 minutes of the booking window opening.

And if getting technical then "tickets" should actually be something like "reservations" or "reserved spots" or "entries allowed" or something else since they don't give out actual tickets. :p

A couple of days ago, I booked a 4 nite stay at all star Movies, from February 3-7, with the intent to try to get MM reservations on January 9. I booked airline tickets on Southwest, so if I can’t get reservations on either January 9th or 16th, I’ll cancel the hotel and airline reservations. I did attend the MM at TL last June, and enjoyed it quite a bit. If I don’t get in the MM at Magic Kingdom, I’ll set my sights on the one at Epcot in May, staying off site. We have AP’s that expire June 22 and expect to stay a couple of weeks in May/June to take advantage of it. I’m on hold now with MS at DVC to confirm that there will be no problems registering on the 9th, using my reservation at All Star Music. Hopefully, I’ll get lucky!

We're still planning on trying our luck on the 16th because of off site reservations. I'm not gonna stress too much about it.

A couple of days ago, I booked a 4 nite stay at all star Movies, from February 3-7, with the intent to try to get MM reservations on January 9. I booked airline tickets on Southwest, so if I can’t get reservations on either January 9th or 16th, I’ll cancel the hotel and airline reservations. I did attend the MM at TL last June, and enjoyed it quite a bit. If I don’t get in the MM at Magic Kingdom, I’ll set my sights on the one at Epcot in May, staying off site. We have AP’s that expire June 22 and expect to stay a couple of weeks in May/June to take advantage of it. I’m on hold now with MS at DVC to confirm that there will be no problems registering on the 9th, using my reservation at All Star Music. Hopefully, I’ll get lucky!

It's any onsite reservation.

We are going to the MM at DL at the end of January. Seems like Disney doesn’t look out for DVC too much as the castle will be under refurbishment and covered during the ONLY Midnight Magic event at DL in 2019. Anyone else think that is a lousy thing to do. They couldn’t have held out a couple weeks to start the castle refurb?

We are going to the MM at DL at the end of January. Seems like Disney doesn’t look out for DVC too much as the castle will be under refurbishment and covered during the ONLY Midnight Magic event at DL in 2019. Anyone else think that is a lousy thing to do. They couldn’t have held out a couple weeks to start the castle refurb?
It’s also going to be under refurb for two upcharge events Disney is doing. Disneyland is working a time crunch to get things done before SWGE opens.

It’s also going to be under refurb for two upcharge events Disney is doing. Disneyland is working a time crunch to get things done before SWGE opens.

There re a lot of upcharge events throughout the year DVC only gets one and it is about two weeks after refurb starts. They couldn’t wait two weeks? They are planning on castle refurb to be done in spring. 2 weeks would have screwed up being ready for SWGE? Come on

There re a lot of upcharge events throughout the year DVC only gets one and it is about two weeks after refurb starts. They couldn’t wait two weeks? They are planning on castle refurb to be done in spring. 2 weeks would have screwed up being ready for SWGE? Come on
Moonlight magic isn’t an upcharge party. You didn’t pay for the ticket, it’s a marketing event that Disney does free of charge to the DVC Members. Unlike the people going to the sweetheart night or 90s night who did buy $100 tickets.

Moonlight magic isn’t an upcharge party. You didn’t pay for the ticket, it’s a marketing event that Disney does free of charge to the DVC Members. Unlike the people going to the sweetheart night or 90s night who did buy $100 tickets.

Imagine DVC members bring non DVC people to the event and they see how much Disney cares or doesn’t about DVC members. Those non member guest are potential future DVC buyers who would spend potentially tens of thousands of dollars on a DVC contract not just $100 like those going to up charge events. The potential future members walk down Main Street to see a large sheet instead of a castle.....the centerpiece of DL. Not too smart on Disney part if you ask me. And you didn’t address what I said about just starting castle refurb a mere 2 1/2 weeks later. That certainly wouldn’t interfere with getting it done in time for Star Wars land.

Imagine DVC members bring non DVC people to the event and they see how much Disney cares or doesn’t about DVC members. Those non member guest are potential future DVC buyers who would spend potentially tens of thousands of dollars on a DVC contract not just $100 like those going to up charge events. The potential future members walk down Main Street to see a large sheet instead of a castle.....the centerpiece of DL. Not too smart on Disney part if you ask me. And you didn’t address what I said about just starting castle refurb a mere 2 1/2 weeks later. That certainly wouldn’t interfere with getting it done in time for Star Wars land.
Because it would likely bleed into when they want it back up by pre Star Wars. It's January at Disneyland, which is known as refurb season. They are fully replacing the roof of the castle which incurred a lot of damage from the 60th decorations.

Theme parks does not schedule around group bookings. Group bookings need to schedule around park scheduled closings. This event was announced by DVC what, in mid to late November or maybe it was early December? They needed to wait for another date if they wanted the castle to not be under refurb. For me though it's not that big of a deal - refurbs go on all the time and you're going to hit something being closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!