Moonlight Magic Event May 16 at Animal Kingdom

Olaf

DIS Cast Member
I missed out on this. Wasn't checking the DVC site or boards. Really, really bummed, as that's day we're scheduled to be at that park. o_O Been checking the site in the hopes of a cancellation. Am I wasting my time? Has anyone else been able to snag a reservation this way? I'm guessing my best chances would be at the 30-day mark?

Last edited:
I got spots at DL after all the reservations were gone. Just checked the site a couple times a day and spots opened. People probably snag spots when it opened and then cancel when they end up not going.

Thanks for that input, Snurk. I'm checking several times a day, but to date have seen nothing opening up. Crossing my fingers.

I'm also trying to get a spot for this event. We purchased DVC on our last trip and had to wait for our contract to close before we could reserve a spot for Moonlight Magic. We booked our resort and plane tickets and crossed out fingers but, by the time we closed, it was all sold out :( First trip home and totally bummed!

I understand why AK Moonlight Magic(MM) is sold out but I am not sure if the Magic Kingdom MM's in Jan/Feb were also sold out.

I showed up on Feb 6th around 7:30 pm at the lobby of BLT heading up to the Top of the World to watch the fireworks with no idea of what Moonlight Magic even was, when I was approached by two DVC staffers wanting to sign me up for MM. I politely said no and headed up to the lounge. An hour later I came down and the two staffers again approached me to sign me up for MM. Once I realized that they were on the level and this was not going to cost me anything, I agreed, got my wristband and headed over to MK for a few hours of no lines and few people...It was a great night and obviously...not sold out.

With that said, if the 2/6 Magic Kingdom date was advertised as "sold out" then what does that mean for the AK dates later this spring ??

Last year, I missed out on the AK MM event for Sept and kept checking the site every day for 6 wks for openings. I did finally get in at the beginning of Aug, probably right around that 30 day mark others have mentioned. People end up canceling or modifying their reservations. Keep trying. You never know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!