Moonlight Magic for Epcot?

4fordisneyworld

DIS Veteran
We are going in December over the dates they are doing the Moonlight Magic. When will they release the registration and do we need to just keep watching for it? Does anyone know approximately how many members they are allowing to sign up for these events?

Thank you!

Another DVC secret. It appears that around 60 days prior to the events they open registration. Has there been an Epcot event before?

:earsboy: Bill

They recently opened registration for Animal Kingdom events for September. I think keeping an eye on these boards should keep you informed. We're looking to sign up for December as well.

I was SO excited to see this being offered. My sister and I take a trip together for our birthdays every Dec.(We're twins) This year we arrive on Dec 10th and Dec 11th , the Moonlight Magic is on our birthday, Dec 11. I have been "stalking" the DVC web site twice a day for information on the event.I do know we need to be registered. We are staying at Boardwalk so I am hoping we can just walk over that night. I have not been to one of these before and would love any info from anyone who has been to one of these. Thanks in advance for the info. COUNTING the days!!

I was SO excited to see this being offered. My sister and I take a trip together for our birthdays every Dec.(We're twins) This year we arrive on Dec 10th and Dec 11th , the Moonlight Magic is on our birthday, Dec 11. I have been "stalking" the DVC web site twice a day for information on the event.I do know we need to be registered. We are staying at Boardwalk so I am hoping we can just walk over that night. I have not been to one of these before and would love any info from anyone who has been to one of these. Thanks in advance for the info. COUNTING the days!!
We'll be staying at the Boardwalk as well!

We are also hoping to go on Dec 4th. Does anyone know if the early booking period requires a DVC reservation or is any WDW reservation sufficient? We are checking out of the Poly and moving to the Dolphin on Dec 4th so not sure if we can book in the earlier period or have to wait until it opens for everyone.

Okay but my twin and I were also born on December 11 so what is happening? And I've never been to one of these things before but my husband and I are going to be in DW during this time for my birthday this year (sorry, twin has work things) and I need to make this happen!

Okay but my twin and I were also born on December 11 so what is happening? And I've never been to one of these things before but my husband and I are going to be in DW during this time for my birthday this year (sorry, twin has work things) and I need to make this happen!
Cool..we share a birthday! So sorry your sis can't make the trip. Moonlight Magic is a DVC members only event. BUT you have to register for it. Dec 4th and 11th. I think if you have a reservation already,you will get an e-mail, but not sure. I've been watching the DVC website.

I was fortunate enough to attend the 2/24 MK event. Had a girls' trip scheduled several months before the Membership Extra events were announced. I was the only DVC member in the group and my 4 friends & I were staying off site in a Marriott timeshare.

Those "qualified" Members with onsite reservations (think it was only a DVC reservation) were able to make a reservation about one week prior to other "qualified" Members. I made my reservation for 5 (could have made it for 6 if needed) on the day it opened for the non-DVC reservation group. Reservations remained open for quite a while after that - at least several days and maybe even a few weeks before selling out.

I honestly do not think anyone who attempts to make a reservation for the EPCOT events will have a problem if they do it relatively close to the day the reservation-windows open. EPCOT can handle a lot of people.

The MK event was a total blast! My friends are still talking about it. The firework show was the best I've ever seen and that includes the special Christmas & Halloween ones I've seen. IMO, Disney hit a bases-loaded home run with the MK event and I can't wait to attend the one at EPCOT. Really lucked out when they decided to schedule an EPCOT Membership Extra event during our normal time to visit. :teeth:

I honestly do not think anyone who attempts to make a reservation for the EPCOT events will have a problem if they do it relatively close to the day the reservation-windows open. EPCOT can handle a lot of people.

It will be interesting to see how the handle the event logistically. Although Epcot is a big park, there aren't a lot of popular attractions to draw guests. Innoventions is already gone. Seems like a waste to keep things like Imagination and Ellen's open for a special event since there are never any waits and there's little guest interest. And how will they handle the World Showcase? Keeping every pavilion accessible seems like overkill, yet they are a big part of Epcot's popularity.

If they allow 15,000 members into the event--and those members end up largely split between Soarin, Test Track and Norway--there will still be long lines.

The Animal Kingdom events are already sold out...just 24 hours after they opened to non resort guests.

I was fortunate enough to attend the 2/24 MK event. Had a girls' trip scheduled several months before the Membership Extra events were announced. I was the only DVC member in the group and my 4 friends & I were staying off site in a Marriott timeshare.

Those "qualified" Members with onsite reservations (think it was only a DVC reservation) were able to make a reservation about one week prior to other "qualified" Members. I made my reservation for 5 (could have made it for 6 if needed) on the day it opened for the non-DVC reservation group. Reservations remained open for quite a while after that - at least several days and maybe even a few weeks before selling out.

The MK event was a total blast! My friends are still talking about it. The firework show was the best I've ever seen and that includes the special Christmas & Halloween ones I've seen. IMO, Disney hit a bases-loaded home run with the MK event and I can't wait to attend the one at EPCOT. Really lucked out when they decided to schedule an EPCOT Membership Extra event during our normal time to visit. :teeth:
Was the whole park open, or just select attractions?

Was the whole park open, or just select attractions?

I don't recall anything that was closed, so most everything that was open for day guests must have been open. Only certain locations were open for treats and I recall lots of characters out for meet and greets. The shops on at least Main Street were open - one of my friends bought several Alex and Ani bracelets to take back for family members.

I'm also waiting for the EPCOT event, was wondering how early did they allow you to enter the park. The day hours for EPCOT will be from 9am - 9:30pm. Was wondering about how early we'll be allow to enter, I heard around 8pm. does that sound right?

I'm also waiting for the EPCOT event, was wondering how early did they allow you to enter the park. The day hours for EPCOT will be from 9am - 9:30pm. Was wondering about how early we'll be allow to enter, I heard around 8pm. does that sound right?

This is the first such event to be held at Epcot, so no one really knows. Based on similar events at other parks, 8 PM sounds reasonable, but we won't know for sure until DVC announces the details.

We check out on the 11th, will we still be considered staying at at DVC? I move to Coronoto Springs that day for two more nights.

We check out on the 11th, will we still be considered staying at at DVC? I move to Coronoto Springs that day for two more nights.

Yes, you will. You're considered active the day of your check out until midnight.

We will be getting off the Disney Dream on 12/11 so we are thinking about making a reservation at SS to go to this DVC party. Sounds like it will be lots of fun.

I too want to do this event...
So often special DVC events are the luck of the draw: you have to happen to already be planning to be at The World. Well. This time we are!!

Can't wait!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter