Moonlight Magic passes for Sept 19

They probably do care but they are limited in their ability to recover this situation.
This may be true. But there are bad seeds out there, as well. I've talked to CMs offsite who hate the whole lot of us park visitors. Some are just better at hiding it than others. I've witnessed how park visitors can be horrible human beings who give them ample reason to take this position, but CM are not infallible.

People get upset. Your job on the Customer Service front is to empathize and de-escalate, even if you can't do anything. Repeatedly saying, "Just check the site" is lazy and antagonizing, if that is what happened.

This may be true. But there are bad seeds out there, as well. I've talked to CMs offsite who hate the whole lot of us park visitors. Some are just better at hiding it than others. I've witnessed how park visitors can be horrible human beings who give them ample reason to take this position, but CM are not infallible.

People get upset. Your job on the Customer Service front is to empathize and de-escalate, even if you can't do anything. Repeatedly saying, "Just check the site" is lazy and antagonizing, if that is what happened.

That happens in every single job. I'm under no pretenses that everyone who works for TWDC or DVD cares about their customers. I've heard plenty of the following jokes: "This school would be great if it weren't for all the students." "This company would be great if not for all the customers." And yes a lot of them are saying it in a jokey manner but it's also half true. There's always going to be people who don't care. That's not really the point though. No matter how nice the front line person on the end of the phone is, they are limited in their ability to help in this particular situatoin. At the end of the day, we all know they're going to do what they want to do. But if you want to express your opinions, it's probably better to compose yourself and contact someone higher up the food chain. Or scream into the void, whatever makes you feel better. It probably will yield the same results without making someone with no power further question their existence.

That happens in every single job. I'm under no pretenses that everyone who works for TWDC or DVD cares about their customers. I've heard plenty of the following jokes: "This school would be great if it weren't for all the students." "This company would be great if not for all the customers." And yes a lot of them are saying it in a jokey manner but it's also half true. There's always going to be people who don't care. That's not really the point though. No matter how nice the front line person on the end of the phone is, they are limited in their ability to help in this particular situatoin. At the end of the day, we all know they're going to do what they want to do. But if you want to express your opinions, it's probably better to compose yourself and contact someone higher up the food chain. Or scream into the void, whatever makes you feel better. It probably will yield the same results without making someone with no power further question their existence.

I’m sorry, who said anything about yelling or demanding things? I was very pleasant and simply asked about cancellation procedure.

There's always going to be people who don't care. That's not really the point though. No matter how nice the front line person on the end of the phone is, they are limited in their ability to help in this particular situatoin.
I agree with what you're suggesting, that OP is better off sending a note to Upper Management (admittedly, I think that's a void of a different form), but it certainly doesn't excuse the kind of response the OP got. Which is understandably frustrating and devoid of any helpful information.

The specific situation described was a CM repeatedly stating for the OP to "Just check the site." That's sending someone with an issue into a vacuum. We all know that the registration site does not update with any information of value; nobody believes that cancellations update in any sort of meaningful way back into that system.

I’m sorry, who said anything about yelling or demanding things? I was very pleasant and simply asked about cancellation procedure.

I'm actually quoting a person who was also familiar with similar customer service situations. Sorry that was not clear.

I agree with what you're suggesting, that OP is better off sending a note to Upper Management (admittedly, I think that's a void of a different form), but it certainly doesn't excuse the kind of response the OP got. Which is understandably frustrating and devoid of any helpful information.

The specific situation described was a CM repeatedly stating for the OP to "Just check the site." That's sending someone with an issue into a vacuum. We all know that the registration site does not update with any information of value; nobody believes that cancellations update in any sort of meaningful way back into that system.

Yes and I realize now it wasn't particularly clear but I was quoting a person who was talking about other customer service issues and this event in general. I agree that it shouldn't be just "check the website for cancellations goodbye - click"
But we also don't have the tone in which that person responded to our OP. If they were rude and snotty then no that's not acceptable. But there is also a kind way to say "I'm sorry there's nothing I can do, but do please check the website in case others cancel." I also spoke generally about the MDE fiasco as well, granted, it is going off topic. I do wish that in general people would be kinder to those in the front line of things. I know many are jaded with disney right now and things do need to change. I said it myself in a different thread on this same topic, they are setting us up for disappointment and themselves up for failure. But they know it will blow over and those who are mad today will probably come back in 6 months anyway.

Has anyone actually had success in checking the website and getting passes from someone who cancelled?

Has anyone actually had success in checking the website and getting passes from someone who cancelled?

I wondered that too. Once someone cancels what are the odds to jump on the system to get them. I don’t see that working very well.

If you were Disney would you spend money to improve things? People still buy DVC contracts, the new resorts sell out, the parks are still full, the busy period is almost all year long, they increase prices and reduce benefits and it doesn't matter. The MM events sell out in hours, not days even with a broken website.

:earsboy: Bill

Hello Everyone. Looking for two passes for September 19 at Hollywood Studios. My daughter and I planned a trip to attend this months ago and unfortunately we weren’t successful during either sign in period. This obviously won’t wreck the trip but it would make it pretty cool. PM me if you are able to help.

Thanks.
There’s a Facebook group devoted to moonlight magic Hollywood Studios. They have a post where people have extra tickets. You may want to try there.

I guess I'm confused as to what answer you expect from the frontline CMs? The cancellation procedure does not include a wait list. It does not allow for last-minute no-shows to be filled by standby members. The only possible answer for them to give is "check the website". This is the same answer you would get from dining CMs if you cannot get coveted ADR or a hard-to-get FP+. Check the website. Perhaps you did not get the appropriate amount of empathy from the CM, but ultimately the answer is the same. It doesn't matter that you work in a hospital, are not free on weekends to stalk the website or that you are a new owner who bought direct as opposed to an owner who bought resale and are grandfathered in. We all had an equal opportunity to secure tickets. Some got them. Some did not.

I'm a firm believer that if you don't like how something is done, you'd better have a solution to the problem before you complain. But given that The Mouse's method for everything (ADRs, room reservations, FP+) is handled in a manner that favors those with the fastest internet connection and a little luck, I'm not holding out any hope that Member Magic events will be treated any differently.

I guess I'm confused as to what answer you expect from the frontline CMs? The cancellation procedure does not include a wait list. It does not allow for last-minute no-shows to be filled by standby members. The only possible answer for them to give is "check the website". This is the same answer you would get from dining CMs if you cannot get coveted ADR or a hard-to-get FP+. Check the website. Perhaps you did not get the appropriate amount of empathy from the CM, but ultimately the answer is the same. It doesn't matter that you work in a hospital, are not free on weekends to stalk the website or that you are a new owner who bought direct as opposed to an owner who bought resale and are grandfathered in. We all had an equal opportunity to secure tickets. Some got them. Some did not.

I'm a firm believer that if you don't like how something is done, you'd better have a solution to the problem before you complain. But given that The Mouse's method for everything (ADRs, room reservations, FP+) is handled in a manner that favors those with the fastest internet connection and a little luck, I'm not holding out any hope that Member Magic events will be treated any differently.

I am not sure what your intent with your response was, but it seems very judgemental. I wanted to know everything you just mentioned but was not told...wait list, standby, etc. And, I just received more information from you than the CM. This is the first time I’ve experienced this.
Furthermore, the reason I mentioned my workplace was to identify that I am very familiar with customer service. It had nothing to do with lack of empathy.
Nothing that I posted or asked deserved your condescending response. This is a discussion board, for people to discuss issues. I don’t have a solution. I was simply trying to obtain information that I was unable to receive when I called DVC.

I am not sure what your intent with your response was, but it seems very judgemental. I wanted to know everything you just mentioned but was not told...wait list, standby, etc. And, I just received more information from you than the CM. This is the first time I’ve experienced this.
Furthermore, the reason I mentioned my workplace was to identify that I am very familiar with customer service. It had nothing to do with lack of empathy.
Nothing that I posted or asked deserved your condescending response. This is a discussion board, for people to discuss issues. I don’t have a solution. I was simply trying to obtain information that I was unable to receive when I called DVC.
Not judging. You read an awful lot into my post. None of it was meant to be condescending. Just confused by what you were expecting from a frontline CM. Most will only answer a question that is put to them and nothing more. A few might have knowledge of the morning event at HS (a paid event) and they may have suggested it as an alternative. But if you did not ask about wait lists, or standby, or anything else you might associate with a sold out event anywhere (not just Disney) then you got the answer to your question. While it may not have been what you wanted to hear, it was not incorrect information.

You working in a hospital? So did I. If a doctor called the lab about a test, he got our "frontline", which was one of our clerks. Not a technician, technologist, supervisor, lab director or pathologist. The clerks knew that they could only give certain answers. They could not speculate or offer excuses. If the doctor pressed for more complete or concise answers (e.g. "Why are the results on Mrs. Smith delay? When can expect the bilirubin on Baby K?) the call was forwarded to a technologist who was permitted to give a more complete answer (specimen was qns, run failed QC and is being repeated, sample produced spurious results, etc.). But our clerks? Their answer would have been "We have the specimen and the technologist is running the tests."

My point is, the CM that you reached is only permitted to give answers but not anticipate your questions. You asked what the procedure was if someone cancelled and they told you what the procedure was...check the website. If you had asked "Is there a wait list?" or "Do they open additional spots for standby?", they would have told you that's not the way it is done. They are not going to list everything that they DO NOT DO, because if they fail to mention something there are people who would assume that they DO do that one thing that was omitted from the list.

It's a shame that your first experience with Member Services was not up to your expectations. FWIW, and this is only my jaded opinion, you're going to deal with some more disappointment as you learn to navigate DVC ownership. This isn't a condemnation of the great CMs who staff the various DVC departments. I actually find them to be quite pleasant to deal with and the vast majority of them are extremely helpful. But their hands are tied so many times and they can only do so much for members.

The discussion has wandered away from OP's original request, which is whether anyone had passes they could transfer to OP for the event. I do not, but would like to know if that is a possible transaction, i.e., can the parties with passes for the event transfer them to others, and, moreover, can they sell them to others?

55C6A4F7-267A-43BB-B592-460AEED55B38.png
The discussion has wandered away from OP's original request, which is whether anyone had passes they could transfer to OP for the event. I do not, but would like to know if that is a possible transaction, i.e., can the parties with passes for the event transfer them to others, and, moreover, can they sell them to others?
No it isn’t per Disney rules for this event. I posted a screen shot above from the confirmation email I got when I registered.

View attachment 352033
No it isn’t per Disney rules for this event. I posted a screen shot above from the confirmation email I got when I registered.

It cant be transferred but they only have the name of the registering member not the name of guests, so outside of that they have no clue who you bring. It wouldn't be right to sell your guest spots , but in the end you can bring yourself and up to how many people you registered for.

It cant be transferred but they only have the name of the registering member not the name of guests, so outside of that they have no clue who you bring. It wouldn't be right to sell your guest spots , but in the end you can bring yourself and up to how many people you registered for.
My response was about transferring them. Disney has said this isn’t allowed so of course people could meet up and bring whoever with them as guests but an outright transfer like sending DVC member X to check in and pick up the passes instead of DVC member Y who registered isn’t allowed nor can DVC member Y cancel and give their place to DVC member X.

Technically, the answer would be no. But as has been pointed out, it is possible and I have seen offers by DVC member who got tickets in the past. Some are just generous offers to meet a guest at the gate prior to entry to the park with no exchange of money. Others are asking for cash in exchange for getting people in. As with anything that is available in limited supply, there are those who will exploit it for personal gain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!