Another CM Killed at WDW

This is so sad... I too wonder about all the freak accidents... Maybe this complete's their terrible 3? Thinking and praying for the family here in kentucky... :hug:

I think I might've missed something. Did the gentleman hurt in the pirate tutorial not make it? someone please tell me I am wrong? what happened to him, I thought his recovery was going reasonably well? :sad1:

He was doing well and doctors had even decided he wouldn't need surgery. Days later he got a blood clot which resulted in his death.
When I fell off a horse and hit my head once that was what the doctors watched for.

I am so sorry for his family.
I also imagine it brings back so many feelings for Austin's mom.

They will all be in my prayers.

And I would imagine the family of the man killed doing the Pirate Tutorial just last week. Tragic.

This is such sad news. Does anyone know if this is the guy they "picked" from the audience (the one that looked like a regular audience member, but turns out to be a stunt man also)? I read on another news comment section that it was. Either way, my prayers go out to his family!!

The stuntman in the Indiana Jones show was trained. I was in gymnastics and even though I knew how to roll , I always didn't get my head tucked just right. It can be a very easy way to hurt yourself. In this case he must have hit the wrong spot that ended up in his death.

I agree. My son has recently started gymnastics, and while he is doing simple things, the class is during the Y's older girl's team session. Last Thursday two girls did their flips all wrong, ended up in tears with ice packs on their necks. I watch other girls righting themselves, but if they didn't have the presence of mind, they would fall all wrong as well. Tumbling can be very scary.

I read in the article that this man works in the Pirates Dinner Adventure as well, so obviously this is how he made his living. The accident might have happened anywhere he was practicing his moves.

I feel so bad for them, I do, but I just can't see how the last two things were truly Disney's fault.

My DH said he read in the paper a CM was killed again. Something to do with Indiana Jones and the ball chase? It said he broke his neck. What is going on??? I bet Disneys insurance company is just going crazy, too.:scared1:

This is such sad news. Does anyone know if this is the guy they "picked" from the audience (the one that looked like a regular audience member, but turns out to be a stunt man also)? I read on another news comment section that it was. Either way, my prayers go out to his family!!
According to reports, Anislav Varbanov had only been at Disney 2 weeks. He had been at the Pirate Dinner Show in Orlando on International Drive.

This is such sad news. Does anyone know if this is the guy they "picked" from the audience (the one that looked like a regular audience member, but turns out to be a stunt man also)? I read on another news comment section that it was. Either way, my prayers go out to his family!![/QUOTE

Haven't finished reading the thread so not sure if anyone has answered. From just listening to the news, I think it was the one who played Indiana Jones. They showed the 500 lb stone rolling and said that wasn't what killed him. They said he was practicing some of the script with new cast members and evidently did a roll and hit wrong. He was a Hungarian gymnast so was well trained.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter