More park days or more Express Pass?

Bradster1067

Earning My Ears
Hello! So, I’m planning a surprise Universal Trip for my GF. This is our first time going to Universal. The main reason both of us want to go is for Wizardimg World, but we’ll defiantly want to check out other things.

My question is should we book a three day park-to-park with one day of Express Unlimited or a two day Park-to-Park with Express Unlimited on both days? Thanks!

Have you checked out pricing to stay at one of the premier hotels? If you stay one night, you get express (unlimited) for check-in day and check-out day, as long as you have park tickets. So one night could cover two days.

Mid March for this year would be very crowded

Not sure about next year as would need to see dates when schools have their breaks in 2021 for after March 6

First week of March should be about the best for reasonable crowds

Mid March for this year would be very crowded

Not sure about next year as would need to see dates when schools have their breaks in 2021 for after March 6

First week of March should be about the best for reasonable crowds
When do you think the slowest period would be within January-April?

It currently looks like mid-March 2021, but it’s very flexible

Mid-March seems like it would be right at spring break time.
I would still at least consider staying at a Premier hotel - Royal Pacific is usually the cheapest - depending on dates it can be as low as $300 for a night which sounds expensive but again gives you two days of express unlimited - with two day park admission you could really accomplish a lot having express.

I would choose two days with Express Pass over a three-day ticket, but do give consideration to staying at the Premier Hotel.

The final week of February can be a good one for avoiding school holiday crowds.

I would choose 3 days in your situation. 2 adults can use the single rider lines pretty efficiently. And you're likely to have more chances at Hagrids (though that process might change by next year). Rope drop and closing times have short waits for non-SRL rides. I think you could accomplish a lot even with no EP at all. And it allows a more relaxing pace to enjoy the details. EP is not going to help with exploring the shops and details in HP land anyways, so you don't want to feel like you have to skip/shorten that to ride more rides and "get your money's worth" from EP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter