More pictures of the new Gillig ramp and securement area

Chip 'n Dale Express

Can't stay put!<br><font color=purple>I met lots o
gilligramp1.jpg

gilligramp2.jpg

gilligramp3.jpg

gilligramp4.jpg

Hope these pictures help describe the area and ramp a bit better. It should be noted that the silver bar does swing out of the way when not in use.

Thanks Tyler. Great pictures. I used this new bus twice on my trip last February. It is a relief to know that this type bus seems more reliable. One driver was able to lower the ramp manually when the electonics failed.

Used the Gillig once on my trip last week. Awesome. So easy to just drive on and get in place. I had no problems in the space of one bench.

Nanajo1 said:
Thanks Tyler. Great pictures. I used this new bus twice on my trip last February. It is a relief to know that this type bus seems more reliable. One driver was able to lower the ramp manually when the electonics failed.
If there is a curb, and the driver does not kneel the bus, the ramp power will not come on. The GREAT thing about this flip out ramp is that no matter what, it can be EASILY manually operated, so theres never any downtime. :)

That's good to know as I have been trapped on buses a few times. Once for several hours. Lift broke and they couldn't get it to go up or down. Was half way up and jammed.

Talking Hands said:
That's good to know as I have been trapped on buses a few times.

This has happened to me twice at home, with London Transport double-decker buses, when the wheelchair ramps failed to extend. First time I ended up rocking back & forth like a see-saw on the door threashold and had to be lifted out by a crowd of passers-by. Second time I backed up to the far side of the bus, then did an 'Eivel Kneivel' straight out the door. I bet that would give Tyler a heart attack!!!

(It was a couple of months before I found out I had bent my wheelchair frame, too late to make a claim!)

Andrew

Interestingly, we used every type of bus on our recent trip.
The Gillig ramp buses are the ones we liked best, though.

Andrew Bichard said:
Second time I backed up to the far side of the bus, then did an 'Eivel Kneivel' straight out the door. I bet that would give Tyler a heart attack!!!

LOL, it wouldn't be the first time I've seen it though. One time when I was in Monorails, we had a lady who accidentally turned her scooter onto Rabbit speed. She went up the ramp, through the train, and out the open doors onto the other side of the platform.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter