Morimoto Asia Signature at Dinner?

Chickenlady

Mouseketeer
I just posted this as a reply to another post about favorites at Morimoto's and thought I'd get more answers if I asked as an original thread. Is Morimoto really a signature for dinner? My DS (20) is going on his own and I made a list of Disney Spring place he might like but noticed that Morimoto's is listed at Signature for dinner on the DIS. Lunch menu is very limited.

Yes. "Signature" has nothing to do with menu size.

Rumor has it changing to signature for lunch soon as well.

Hopefully, no time soon! That would be an unpleasant surprise to show up at the restaurant expecting a one-credit meal only to find out it costs two! Nine of us are expecting to spend one dining credit at lunch in mid-March. I will have to watch the boards closely to ensure we don't have that upgrade in status catch us off-guard!

Hopefully, no time soon! That would be an unpleasant surprise to show up at the restaurant expecting a one-credit meal only to find out it costs two! Nine of us are expecting to spend one dining credit at lunch in mid-March. I will have to watch the boards closely to ensure we don't have that upgrade in status catch us off-guard!

The MDE app shows it as Signature for lunch and dinner. I also have lunch reservations for March so I'd like to know if it's definitely changed (so I can cancel).

Edited to add: I just found this question and answer on the Disney Mom's Panel -

• On Jan 14, 2018
    Angela from MS Asked“
    Does Morimoto Asia still only cost 1 TS credit on DDP at lunch?”
    Welcome back to the Disney Parks Moms Panel, Angela! Your trip is right around the corner and I couldn't be happier for you!

Just the mention of dining at Morimoto Asia in Disney Springs has me dreaming of their Pork Egg Rolls and Beef Lo Mein Noodles. This is one of those restaurants where I have a really difficult time deciding what to order because everything sounds (and smells!) so delicious!

You'll be pleased to know that on the 2018 Disney Dining Planand Disney Deluxe Dining Plan, Morimoto Asia is one Table-Service credit at lunch, while remaining two Table-Service credits for dinner. Considering that their menus for lunch and dinner are very similar, eating here for lunch is a great way to dine at a Fine/Signature Restaurant without having to use two Table-Service credits. Of course, in my opinion it's still worth two if you decide to dine there for dinner! Yum!

Thanks for bringing your question to the Disney Parks Moms Panel, Angela! Please come visit us again soon!

Tabitha

Last edited:
The MDE app shows it as Signature for lunch and dinner. I also have lunch reservations for March so I'd like to know if it's definitely changed (so I can cancel).

Edited to add: I just found this question and answer on the Disney Mom's Panel -

• On Jan 14, 2018
    Angela from MS Asked“
    Does Morimoto Asia still only cost 1 TS credit on DDP at lunch?”
    Welcome back to the Disney Parks Moms Panel, Angela! Your trip is right around the corner and I couldn't be happier for you!

Just the mention of dining at Morimoto Asia in Disney Springs has me dreaming of their Pork Egg Rolls and Beef Lo Mein Noodles. This is one of those restaurants where I have a really difficult time deciding what to order because everything sounds (and smells!) so delicious!

You'll be pleased to know that on the 2018 Disney Dining Planand Disney Deluxe Dining Plan, Morimoto Asia is one Table-Service credit at lunch, while remaining two Table-Service credits for dinner. Considering that their menus for lunch and dinner are very similar, eating here for lunch is a great way to dine at a Fine/Signature Restaurant without having to use two Table-Service credits. Of course, in my opinion it's still worth two if you decide to dine there for dinner! Yum!

Thanks for bringing your question to the Disney Parks Moms Panel, Angela! Please come visit us again soon!

Tabitha
I’m glad you got your answer but know the Mom’s panel has given incorrect information in the past

I sent an email to the restaurant and just heard back from the manager. I specifically asked if it would be changing to two credits during lunch anytime before our mid-March visit. This was his reply:

Hello Ms. xxxx,

Morimoto Asia is one credit per person for lunch and 2 per person for dinner. There are a few items on out menu that are 2 points each such as the Peking Duck.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Paul Snyder

General Manager

"Morimoto Asia is one credit per person for lunch and 2 per person for dinner."

Being that there is so little difference between both menus...does it mean that someone having lunch a 4:30 pm ordering the exact same items as someone else having dinner there at 5:00 pm will only have 1 credit removed from his dining plan while the other one will lose 2 credits?
Asking the question as we intend to dine there around these times.

"Morimoto Asia is one credit per person for lunch and 2 per person for dinner."

Being that there is so little difference between both menus...does it mean that someone having lunch a 4:30 pm ordering the exact same items as someone else having dinner there at 5:00 pm will only have 1 credit removed from his dining plan while the other one will lose 2 credits?
Asking the question as we intend to dine there around these times.

Their lunch hours are listed as ending at 4:15. I think if your ADR is no later than that you should be charged the lunch price (dining credit).

Thank you, I hadn't checked the lunch limit time...
Actually I had made a reservation at 5:15 pm so I have just changed it to a 4:15 pm one. It still seems strange that my mum will be able to order the angry lobster that she's been dreaming of for 1 credit only thanks to this change!
Not even mentioning that we are now able to make another ADR for our stay.

Last edited:
Thank you, I hadn't checked the lunch limit time...
Actually I had made a reservation at 5:15 pm so I have just changed it to a 4:15 pm one. It still seems strange that my mum will be able to order the angry lobster that she's been dreaming of for 1 credit only thanks to this change!
Not even mentioning that we are now able to make another ADR for our stay.

Don't be surprised if the portion sizes differ between lunch and dinner though.

Is that something you know for fact? The actual cash prices are exactly the same for the identical items, whether lunch or dinner (example: orange chicken $24 lunch or dinner).
Don't be surprised if the portion sizes differ between lunch and dinner though.

Is that something you know for fact? The actual cash prices are exactly the same for the identical items, whether lunch or dinner (example: orange chicken $24 lunch or dinner).
No I don't know that for a fact since I've never eaten there:).
Just common in the restaurant business keeping in mind that lunch portions tend to be smaller than dinner.

The lunch portions in January were huge, I cannot imagine they were smaller then dinner.

That said we loved the apps, but not thrilled with our entrees. I would have been unhappy had we used two TS DP credits on dinner there.

I would encourage you to compare the offerings of Morimoto Asia, DS, with the offerings of the REAL Morimoto Restaurants, in the rest of the US....

This will likely answer your question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter