"Most" ABDs cancelled through end of October

sayhello

Have Camera, Will Travel
ABD's website has been updated to say that "most departures" of land ABDs, all river River Cruises and their associated Escape trips to Amsterdam, Budapest and Paris have been cancelled through Wednesday, October 31, 2020.

I'm not sure what "most departures" means, and they don't explain.

Sayhello

That makes me feel a little better about not PIF on my October BSM then. I feel it will still be cancelled but the anxiety would be growing right about now.

That makes me feel a little better about not PIF on my October BSM then. I feel it will still be cancelled but the anxiety would be growing right about now.
The more the world starts to open up, the harder the waiting game as no way to know what trips may end up happening at this point.

If you didn't get a call from ABD - make that call yourself. Apparently, in the midst of the latest hurricane and four days of no power, they called and "left a message"... No idea this happened - and no attempt for them to call again. Customer service needs an overhaul.

We are booked on the DL So Cal short escape beginning October 15. I guess I need to call to check the status.

A few weeks ago I called ABD and booked the May 4, 2021 short escape because I am expecting the October escape to be cancelled.

We are booked on the DL So Cal short escape beginning October 15. I guess I need to call to check the status.

A few weeks ago I called ABD and booked the May 4, 2021 short escape because I am expecting the October escape to be cancelled.
We are scheduled for the Backstage Magic October 18th. I called and ABD could not give me an answer about what they were going to do. I was told there are only 12 people on the tour. I do not want to have the tour happen with a lot of modifications. i guess we just wait and see.

Ah, we would have been on the same trip. I cancelled, though. I can't judge, but it had been one of the more expensive departures for a long while, which usually means more people have signed up, right? But they're down to 12 now.

We are booked on the Oct 15 So Cal/DL short escape too. Holding on to hope it will happen but won’t be surprised if it doesn’t. We’d originally booked for April 2020 and will have to wait until Oct 2021 if it gets canceled.

I got the phone call from ABD this morning. The October 15 So Cal Short Escape has been cancelled.

I got the phone call from ABD this morning. The October 15 So Cal Short Escape has been cancelled.
Yes, I’m so disappointed.

I'm so relieved that I didn't PIF for that one. I agonized over it but it's been nearly 40 days and my heart would be pounding right now. At the least, they should still let you move it to a placeholder with no penalty at this point.

Last "update" was Aug 11, so i kept thinking maybe we would get an update today. Nothing yet... Fingers still crossed for the Jan 2021 Winter in Wyoming!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter