Most of the fastpast rides in a day with Maxpass mini Trip Report

cali_crafter

Earning My Ears
Since I have seen many threads on maxpass I thought I would pass along our experience using it. We were a group of 5, two adults and three teens, with one day park hoppers for Saturday 10/28. The hours were 8am - midnight with 7:00am MM at Disneyland that we did not have. The traditional wisdom would be to start at DCA but we started at Disneyland and rope dropped the left side of the park and it was amazing. The morning was positively delightful with short lines and the park felt empty. I think everyone took the advice to start at the park without MM because Disneyland started to get really busy after lunch time.

Our goal for the day was to ride as many of the 'big' rides between rope drop and last call at midnight. This was definitely not a stop and enjoy the magic and wait for shows and parades kind of a trip, but we did fit in a lot of walking around and exploring in the afternoon hours when lines were long. We never had to wait more than 25 minutes for a ride.

So here is how we used Max pass to get on almost everything in both parks.

We got to the Downtown Disney security line at 7:11, it took about 5 minutes to get through. We got a locker and got into Disneyland around 7:30am, I immediately scanned our tickets into the Disneyland app and purchased MaxPass. I pulled our first Fastpass at 7:38am

In () at the end is when we were eligible to pull another FP
7:38am Indiana Jones, return time 8:35 (8:35)
8:40am Space Mountain, return time 9:25 (9:25)
9:27am BTMR, return time 9:30 (9:57)
We immediately used BTMR so we were able to pull another FP after we scanned our tickets.
9:31am Star Tours, return time 9:35 (10:01)
10:05am Matterhorn, return time 10:15 (10:35)
10:35 Buzz Lightyear (not sure, didn't screenshot this one) (11:05)
11:06am Soarin' over CA, return time 1:35 (12:36)
12:37pm Radiator Springs, return time 9:45 pm (I had been watching this one to get it at night, it usually is gone before noon on busy days) (2:01)
I could have pulled a FP now for something with a close return time but I was nervous about somehow missing the 3:00 GoG window so I didn't pull one immediately.
3:00pm GoG After Dark return time 5:05pm (this was gone by 3:15, make sure you are FP eligible at 3pm!) (4:30)
4:30 pm Toy Story, return time 8:35 (6pm)
6:00 Buzz - but we ended up cancelling it. After this there were no fastpasses available for anything we wanted to ride.

The teens weren't interested in Splash Mountain for whatever reason, and we decided not to go to Toon Town on this visit, so didn't grab Roger Rabbit, and Goofy's Sky School was closed. I think we could have fit in all of them though on a light-medium day with long hours. We rope dropped to Haunted Mansion instead of getting a FP and stood in line for California Screamin and Grizzly River Run because the lines were short.

So here is all we rode that day:
Haunted Mansion (Rope drop, no wait)
Pirates of the Carribean
Indiana Jones (Fastpass)
Jungle Cruise
BTMR (Fastpass)
Star Tours (Fastpass)
Space Mountain (Fastpass)
Matterhorn (Fastpass)
Buzz Lightyear (Fastpass)

Disneyland was starting to get pretty busy. We hopped over to DCA and had lunch.

Grizzly River Run (25 min line)
Soarin' (Fastpass)
California Screamin' (20 min line)
Little Mermaid
Monsters Inc. (15 min line)
Maters Junkyard Jamboree
GoG After Dark

We went Downtown Disney for dinner, tried Disneyland but it was wall to wall bodies so we headed back to DCA.

Toy Story (fastpass)
Bugs Land rides

Back to Disneyland, after the fireworks cleared out we went to Fantasy Land
Tea Cups
Mr. Toad
Snow White
Pinnochio
Our feet were too tired to stand in the still long Dumbo or Peter Pan Rides
We were going to do Pirates again, it was a walk on, but the kids wanted to shop so we ended the night in the shops on the left side of the park after Fantasmic cleared out.
We left the park just before midnight.

I loved Maxpass, it worked perfectly for a group like ours that wanted to get on as many of the big rides as possible and allowed us to really minimize our wait times. I think it's pretty amazing that we never had to wait more than 25 minutes on a Saturday, the weekend before Halloween. It was fantastic not having to run all around collecting fastpasses, I just grabbed them wherever we were for whatever park. It was definitely worth the $50 for our group since we only had one day and wanted to ride everything.

Awesome feedback. It shows just how any rides you can get done, especially when you can pull earlier (at window opening or when scanning current FP) and also when not having to walk to the rides! We also tried MaxPass end of August for headliners and loved it. I especially loved for example, booking Soarin while still at DL before hopping over...or booking Toy Story which is at the far end of DCA. Sounds like a great that was very efficient.

What a "NEW" brainstorm of an idea.....Spontaneous FP's !! DUH !!!
HATE the existing FP's. It is easier to plan a corporate convention than a week @ Disney!!!
AMEN.....Should have been this way (like the old paper tkts) YEARS ago !!!!
I will now NOT BLOW OFF a FP made mmoonntthhss ago!!!
PPuuuuullllleeeezzzeee bring it to WDW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll second your endorsement of MaxPass. Used it on Saturday Nov 4 with similar results! We are Disneyland veterans and Maxpass just made the day really enjoyable. We were able to stop and watch the band and other entertainment instead of running for Fastpass! Totally worth the money, IMO.

I would add just one additional tip...I had success getting earlier return times by refreshing the app, sometimes 5 times before I got a closer time. This worked every time! At one point, a return time was 2.5 hours out, but with the refresh I was able to get one only one hour out!

Glad you had a great trip and thanks for sharing your experience.

Last edited:

OMG! that is the most awesome detailed report ever! thanks so much for taking the time to type all that out. I love it!

Since I have seen many threads on maxpass I thought I would pass along our experience using it. We were a group of 5, two adults and three teens, with one day park hoppers for Saturday 10/28. The hours were 8am - midnight with 7:00am MM at Disneyland that we did not have. The traditional wisdom would be to start at DCA but we started at Disneyland and rope dropped the left side of the park and it was amazing. The morning was positively delightful with short lines and the park felt empty. I think everyone took the advice to start at the park without MM because Disneyland started to get really busy after lunch time.

Our goal for the day was to ride as many of the 'big' rides between rope drop and last call at midnight. This was definitely not a stop and enjoy the magic and wait for shows and parades kind of a trip, but we did fit in a lot of walking around and exploring in the afternoon hours when lines were long. We never had to wait more than 25 minutes for a ride.

So here is how we used Max pass to get on almost everything in both parks.

We got to the Downtown Disney security line at 7:11, it took about 5 minutes to get through. We got a locker and got into Disneyland around 7:30am, I immediately scanned our tickets into the Disneyland app and purchased MaxPass. I pulled our first Fastpass at 7:38am

In () at the end is when we were eligible to pull another FP
7:38am Indiana Jones, return time 8:35 (8:35)
8:40am Space Mountain, return time 9:25 (9:25)
9:27am BTMR, return time 9:30 (9:57)
We immediately used BTMR so we were able to pull another FP after we scanned our tickets.
9:31am Star Tours, return time 9:35 (10:01)
10:05am Matterhorn, return time 10:15 (10:35)
10:35 Buzz Lightyear (not sure, didn't screenshot this one) (11:05)
11:06am Soarin' over CA, return time 1:35 (12:36)
12:37pm Radiator Springs, return time 9:45 pm (I had been watching this one to get it at night, it usually is gone before noon on busy days) (2:01)
I could have pulled a FP now for something with a close return time but I was nervous about somehow missing the 3:00 GoG window so I didn't pull one immediately.
3:00pm GoG After Dark return time 5:05pm (this was gone by 3:15, make sure you are FP eligible at 3pm!) (4:30)
4:30 pm Toy Story, return time 8:35 (6pm)
6:00 Buzz - but we ended up cancelling it. After this there were no fastpasses available for anything we wanted to ride.

The teens weren't interested in Splash Mountain for whatever reason, and we decided not to go to Toon Town on this visit, so didn't grab Roger Rabbit, and Goofy's Sky School was closed. I think we could have fit in all of them though on a light-medium day with long hours. We rope dropped to Haunted Mansion instead of getting a FP and stood in line for California Screamin and Grizzly River Run because the lines were short.

So here is all we rode that day:
Haunted Mansion (Rope drop, no wait)
Pirates of the Carribean
Indiana Jones (Fastpass)
Jungle Cruise
BTMR (Fastpass)
Star Tours (Fastpass)
Space Mountain (Fastpass)
Matterhorn (Fastpass)
Buzz Lightyear (Fastpass)

Disneyland was starting to get pretty busy. We hopped over to DCA and had lunch.

Grizzly River Run (25 min line)
Soarin' (Fastpass)
Little Mermaid
Monsters Inc. (15 min line)
Maters Junkyard Jamboree
GoG After Dark

We went Downtown Disney for dinner, tried Disneyland but it was wall to wall bodies so we headed back to DCA.

Toy Story (fastpass)
Bugs Land rides

Back to Disneyland, after the fireworks cleared out we went to Fantasy Land
Tea Cups
Mr. Toad
Snow White
Pinnochio
Our feet were too tired to stand in the still long Dumbo or Peter Pan Rides
We were going to do Pirates again, it was a walk on, but the kids wanted to shop so we ended the night in the shops on the left side of the park after Fantasmic cleared out.
We left the park just before midnight.

I loved Maxpass, it worked perfectly for a group like ours that wanted to get on as many of the big rides as possible and allowed us to really minimize our wait times. I think it's pretty amazing that we never had to wait more than 25 minutes on a Saturday, the weekend before Halloween. It was fantastic not having to run all around collecting fastpasses, I just grabbed them wherever we were for whatever park. It was definitely worth the $50 for our group since we only had one day and wanted to ride everything.
I really appreciate this report! Thank you so much!

Hi everyone,:wave:

First and foremost Happy Thanksgiving !!

I am new to DL. Im an AP holder with WDW and i 'm having problems figuring out the FP and Maxpass and tickets system for Disneyland. Need help:confused3

Here's our scenario...my family and i are driving cross country next August for a wedding in CO. Before the wedding we will be stopping at Disneyland for about 1 or 2 days max. i have no idea about the best way to get the max out of our short time in the parks.

I see a hopper a good investment but does the Maxpass get you in shorter lines something similar to the FP+ system in WDW?

Can someone kindly explain how we would get the best usage for our time.

We will probably be in Disneyland on a Saturday or Sunday. Does booking a hotel at Disneyland Hotel get you any perks?

Thank you :thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter