Mother and daughter cruise Feb 6-9 Day 3

perdidobay

<font color=green>Will work for travel ;-)<br><fon
Cruisers
Me 45, third Wonder cruise
DD 26, first Wonder cruise

Again I get my revenge for a late night and wake up when the call comes. I get dressed (swimsuit, with a top and shorts on over it) and let DD sleep just a wee bit longer.
I nibble on a cookie from the night before while DD gets dressed. We are up on deck 10 watching the sun come up (again!) after I get a cup of coffee on deck 9.
As soon as BBB is ready to serve we get a seat and DD looks like she will fall asleep sitting upright:D DD usually just drinks milk but has a cup of coffee this morning to get going. I don't know why but she gets one of every kind of sweet breakfast item they serve and then tries ( and fails) to eat it all. So she asks me to eat this, taste that:rolleyes: But I don't like waste so I help her out;)
We go back to our room to get my beachbag and pass Weekly in the hall. He's always working hard! We head off the ship as soon as we are allowed.
DD wants to snorkel, she has never done it before, and wants to do the snorkel trail on the family beach. In my past cruises, DH and I have always gone to the Adult beach and snorkeled there. So this is new to me too.
I rent the gear and we put our things on a chair by the family beach and head to the water. I am used to the temps as DH and I cruise Jan and October, and the water always seems to be the same as it is now. I know it IS cold at first, but will feel good after a few mintues. I get right in, I am the only one in the water at this point... and try to get DD to get in. She gets to her knees and says No way!. We are sharing one set of snorkel gear, so I try to get her to put it on and get in the water. You sure can't snorkel standing on the beach!
After about 6 minutes of telling her to get in, a life guard comes by and I get an extra vest, and he tells DD it will be fine once she gets in. Of course she listens to him:rolleyes: Or realizes she is wasting time. She finally gets in and after a few choice words, and getting ALL the way in the water, she's fine. I swim along side of her, she is worried about feeling closed in. She is a bit claustrophobic and has a few bad moments when we get to water over our heads. She is a good swimmer but does grab onto me a few times after snorkeling and getting water in her mask. She finally gets a good seal, and we do venture away from the ropes to check things out. She feels better when she is near the rope, though. We spend about 1 1/2 hours snorkeling at the family beach and we leave for the adult beach. A small wait for the tram, and a short ride later, we are there. We stop at the bar and get two Konk Koolers. We have to walk a good distance to find two chairs together, and find two near the banana boat stand. It is noisy with all the people coming and going, but we would rather not have to walk on down the beach. There is a sign as we approached Serenity Bay, apologizing for the seaweed, but is isn't bad at all. And it's just along the waterline on the beach. I hate seaweed in the water. We sip our drinks for a few minutes, then DD decides she wants to see a stingray after she hears someone say they saw one. So we head out, I with a drink in one hand, and DD snorkels along. she does alot better here, being that it is shallow a long way out and she has gotten the hang of snorkeling. She sees a stingray and alot of other fish and after an hour we head back for our chairs. After sunning for a while we realize it's time for lunch and we dry off and go to the adult lunch area. DD has a steak sandwich and I have a cheeseburger. Both are quite good. We both have fresh fruit. I love the mangos here. We plan to come back later for some soft serve ice cream but as we leave they have run out of all but strawberry and we don't care for it so we pass on coming back.
The rest of the day is spent in blissful napping in the warm sun. DD falls asleep and I spend time either looking at the blue-green water or at the back of my eyelids;)
This has got to be the best part of the cruise for me. All to soon it's time to pack up and head back to the ship. We return our snorkel gear and DD takes some photos of the beach while I offer to take photos of other people so they can all be in their photos:D
I tell everyone to say Mickey Mouse!!
We get back on the Wonder about 3:30pm.
We hurry to our room to shower and change for the Castaway Club reception at 5:15pm. As DD gets ready, I pack away some of our things and then I get ready. I come out of the bathroom to discover we have already left CC. DD had hoped to go to deck 7 aft to film it. I was suprised as it was not quite 5pm yet. We head for Wavebands and find a table with no trouble. My last cruise was so filled with returning cruisers the reception was held in two clubs. We get a few "nibbly things" and a Bahama Mama. We do our best Pasty and Edina imitations - NOT!, and enjoy talking to the officers that stop by to say hello. We enjoy meeting the ships hotel operations (?) officer, the chefs and the Wonder's Captain. We also have a nice chat with Colleen and a few others who I can't remember. Everyone treats you so well on the Wonder and I let them know:D
DD is beyond impressed with the Ship and it's Crew at this point! She is already tring to decide how she can stowaway;) I suggest she needs to get a job on board:D
We say goodbye and head to Shutters to check out our CC photos. We like them and buy them and our embarkation photo as well.
We go to see the 6:30 Disney Dreams and it is as good as I remember it. DD loves it as well.
We go back to our stateroom to finish packing and leave our tip for Weekly before heading to dinner at Parrot Cay. Although this is my third Wonder cruise, it's my first time in Parrot Cay. DH and I usualy eat in Palo on our Parrot Cay night. From now on I will probably skip Tritons instead. I really like Parrot Cay. If you have ever been to Bahama Breeze restaurant, this is what it's like. Even the music:D And I love Bahama Breeze!
We meet our table mates this evening, a couple in their 50's who are retired and love to travel. Their daughter had just joined DVC and gave her parents a cruise with her first year points. The couple from the night before are dining in Palo tonight. These folks are really nice too and we talk talk talk all through dinner
:D DD is taking photos again! We enjoy the menu here and the floor show:jester: I have the hot crab newberg and a mixed greens salad, so does DD. We both have the mixed grill and I have the bourbon pecan pie for dessert. DD can't decide, then finally chooses the creme brulee cheesecake after almost choosing the pecan pie. So Marcelo brings her both! She finishes the cheescake, but only manages a few bites of pie. It is all so good, and we know we will miss the food and the service:(
We say goodbye to our great servers and give them their tip envelopes, since we won't be dining in PC the next morning. PJ comes by to say hello to DD and I, and she wants his photo so he poses with me for a photo. He's such a great guy! We get our photo made with Marcelo and Luzanne, and try to find Daniele, but he is nowhere to be found. We only saw him once, the night before for a minute. As we head out, we see PJ so I give him the tip envelope and he says he will get it to him. We say goodbye to PJ again and I promise I will ask for his rotation on my next cruise in April. It will be his first cruise after he gets back from a trip home and a freind's wedding. Travel safely PJ!!:D
We head back to the room to put out our luggage, then try to decide what we want to do this evening. Sadly we both agree we are wiped out from the late hours, early mornings, and day in the water at CC.
Tonights towel animal is a swan. Thank you Weekly!
We head to bed, after I leave a wake up call for 7 am. This will be the earliest night we have turned in. It is 11:15pm.
Tomorrow....... goodbye Wonder, hello rain:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter