• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mourning long gone rides

Oh I got to do Alien Encounter...I think when I went in '03. And am I crazy, or before the alien theme, wasn't it a Dinosaur theme? I remember from my 1 day honeymoon trip in March of 96 doing that attraction and it was a dinosaur that escaped and walked on you and crunched behind your ears. That was pre Ak too...maybe what inspired the dino section?

I really miss 20,000 leagues under the sea, the kids could not wait to ride this ride, DW wan't too keen on it, but would still join us. Another was the sky ride, I rode across the park while the DW would meet me at the end of the ride. She isn't good with heights, so she took the walk.:thumbsup2

totally miss world of motion....agreeing that i like test track but wish they would have just added that and not gotten rid of world of motion!

I miss Mr Toads Wild Ride. Loved the part at the end with the train and the fire. :)

I wish they could have saved it.

I'm heading to DL in Oct and one of the main reasons is to ride Mr Toad again. It was always my favorite. Pooh can sell more carp, so Toadie had to die. I also liked XtraTerrorestrial and World of Motion. I drive much faster than TT, so no biggie. But Cranium Command is what I miss most at Epcot. At DHS, I miss the Backstage Tour. The real one. The one that wasn't gutted.

I really miss 20,000 leagues under the sea, the kids could not wait to ride this ride, DW wan't too keen on it, but would still join us. Another was the sky ride, I rode across the park while the DW would meet me at the end of the ride. She isn't good with heights, so she took the walk.:thumbsup2

I agree 20,000 leagues was a classic as well as the sky ride. I can remember them from when i was young and my children never got experiance.

I really, really miss 20,000 Leagues. :sad1: I know it was cheesy but it was true Disney magic to me as a 6yo -- I have such vivid memories of it! I remember riding as an older child and seeing the wires, and looking up and seeing the surface, but that first time I just remember the magic. I would love to take my kids on it today and see their reaction.

I was always so disappointed that my photos never came out -- such awful flashes on the portholes! -- does anyone have any pics of 20,000 Leagues? I would LOVE to see them. PM me if you do!

Replying to my own post to share this site:

http://www.20kride.com/home.html

just full of photos of the 20,000 Leagues ride, from construction through the height of its glory through demolition. It's really an amazing archive of 20K history. Anyone with memories as fond as mine will enjoy this!

Oh I got to do Alien Encounter...I think when I went in '03. And am I crazy, or before the alien theme, wasn't it a Dinosaur theme? I remember from my 1 day honeymoon trip in March of 96 doing that attraction and it was a dinosaur that escaped and walked on you and crunched behind your ears. That was pre Ak too...maybe what inspired the dino section?

Before it was AE it was Mission to Mars . There was only the one Alien, but it was kind of dinosaur like in its appearance.

Julirina Great photos and information on your site! I too miss 20,000 Leagues under the Sea. I can still recall the dungy smell that the subs had when we went under water. Just an old time ride that was ahead of its times and unique in its own way!

Mr. Toad. The good thing about having family/friends in CA is going to DL and riding this ride.

The original Journey into Imagination.

20,000 Leagues. Yes, it was cheesy, but so what.

Food Rocks. But not Food Rocks. Whatever it was called before Food Rocks. The Kitchen Cabaret maybe? I just remember being really little and going with my mom to see the singing vegetables. I loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter