Move it! Shake It! Dance and Play It! To End

I'm not a huge fan of move it shake it but I hate to see it go as more cuts. My wife and I sorely miss a nite time parade tho. EP was a nice ending to a MK day

We want to try and get in one more time before it goes away. Can anyone tell me where a good place to stand is to have a chance at dancing with the Zootopia characters is?

I am seeing rumors about Disney Incorporating Mickey's 90th Bday into this offering starting November and then launching an updated version come January.

https://wdwnt.com/2018/09/rumor-move-it-shake-it-dance-play-it-street-party-to-close-october-6th-2/
Also reported in a newsletter from Undercover Tourist, "Walt Disney World will celebrate Mickey’s 90th birthday from November 16-18, 2018 with special merchandise and food & beverage items as well as the chance for guests to celebrate at Magic Kingdom Park during the “Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It!” Street Party..."

"Milo's, Milo's, the greatest sweet tea on earth, that you gotta drink right now!"

At least, I'm pretty sure those are the lyrics. :D ;)

Can't say I'd miss it personally. I find the trend over the past 10-12 years was to move the Disney parks from a more 'self-powered' experience of discovery, with plenty of rides and theming to explore, plus a couple parades a day, to something of a video-game style of constant noise and light immersion - a short-attention-span festival...with nearly endless back-to-back parades, loud music, stage shows, and performers...there seems hardly a moment when one can sit for 20 minutes and not hear some loud music or be detoured into a large crowd to make way for some parade or show. I wouldn't mind a return to some more quiet time, when a person can wander on their own and let their imagination create the joy and fun - the in-between time can be spent talking with friends and family and sharing experiences personally. Having been coming to Disney parks since 1971, the change really only started kicking in around 2006 or so...so for 35 years Disney managed to have magical parks and entertain millions of all ages without quite so much constant sound and fury...but it's likely part of the overall change in kids' expectations. With 24-hour video screens in their hands, first-person gaming, frantically-edited action movies, CG, headphones with blaring music, constant texting, surfing, friending, tweeting, etc., current generations seem to almost need constant action to hold their attention...if there's not enough light and sound happening in the real park, many will just retreat back to their phones and virtual worlds. It hasn't taken away my ability to enjoy the parks, where I still go 4-5 trips a year...but I do find myself avoiding certain parks at certain times, or steering around certain parts of the park, just to avoid the aural assault. I accept that it's me - getting older, and many will not share that opinion...which is fine too. I'm not trying to dictate that Disney shut down parades and shows - just including my opinion that I won't miss this one if it does indeed end, and my personal hope is that it's not replaced by another parade or show. I'd love to see just one Main Street parade during the early afternoon, and one nighttime Main Street parade like the MSEP...and no Royal Friendhip Faire castle stage show...kinda like it used to be!

I get that kids like this parade however Disney usually is able to build parades for all ages. Move it Shake it is terrible at doing that. I'm happy this parade is gone and even if they don't replace it I'll enjoy the time in the park not roped off for the parade 3 times a day.
Compared to other Disney made parades this one always upset me and seemed both rushed and terribly themed.

Sorry if this has been posted already but I just read this on another site. My initial take is it's another budget cut for us to accept. What used to set Disney World apart from every other theme park IMHO was their outstanding parades. The nighttime parades were unique and spewed the Disney touch no one else had. They are now gone and here is yet another parade about to be gone leaving just one. My hope is someday they will bring back the nighttime parades but the Disney company seems to be all about cutting out the Disney touch and raising prices to raise profits. I get it, they are a business but the cuts are showing in the parks and resorts. If you are new to the Disney Parks you probably don't know they Disney Company of years past. It was never like this. I've been a share holder and AP holder for over 20 years and am very disappointed every time I see them cut or discontinue something that sets them apart from everyone else. They haven't been replacing their cuts with anything. Writing letters, emailing and calling does nothing. We are expected to accept their less for more strategies. Didn't mean to make this sound like a rant, but as a long time loyal repeat visitor, I'm just tired of seeing them making cuts without replacing with something else.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...t-party-coming-to-and-end-later-this-year.htm

We're coming to the end of a split stay that started at akl and now at universal PBR. We were expecting Disney to have the most magic, most smooth hassle free vacation and best entertainment. To be honest it's been a very close call though. Universal has had better transport, universal gave us a lovely plate of fruit and chocolates and hand written card for our anniversary where Disney only managed a cupcake, and our biggest surprise was that the universal parade was far better than expected as well.

My point being that if Disney keep making cuts and universal keep improving their offering then more and more may use universal as their base resort in the future.

For the first time ever I even had to write to complain to Disney this time after terrible service at Ohana for breakfast. Whatever happened to the magic of "the happiest place on earth"?

I don’t get all the people complaining that this caused bad crowds. If people didn’t stop to enjoy this they’d still be crowding up walkways or lines somewhere else in the park. :confused3We always found it easy to manage, and a quick little enjoyment. As in...Oh look the party parade is going on...let’s let the toddler go shake it for a bit. She loved it, got out some wiggles :stitch2::tigger:for a few minutes and then we just continued on to whatever side of the park we were headed to. Easy Peasy, no waiting in line activity. It was cute, and simply fun. Hope they replace it with something equally as easy and fun that adds a few extra minutes of simple entertainment to the park.

I don’t get all the people complaining that this caused bad crowds. If people didn’t stop to enjoy this they’d still be crowding up walkways or lines somewhere else in the park. :confused3We always found it easy to manage, and a quick little enjoyment. As in...Oh look the party parade is going on...let’s let the toddler go shake it for a bit. She loved it, got out some wiggles :stitch2::tigger:for a few minutes and then we just continued on to whatever side of the park we were headed to. Easy Peasy, no waiting in line activity. It was cute, and simply fun. Hope they replace it with something equally as easy and fun that adds a few extra minutes of simple entertainment to the park.

It messes up with traffic flow , especially on a crowded day, we got trapped by it all the time and have little kids that barely care for it.

Can't say I'd miss it personally. I find the trend over the past 10-12 years was to move the Disney parks from a more 'self-powered' experience of discovery, with plenty of rides and theming to explore, plus a couple parades a day, to something of a video-game style of constant noise and light immersion - a short-attention-span festival...with nearly endless back-to-back parades, loud music, stage shows, and performers...there seems hardly a moment when one can sit for 20 minutes and not hear some loud music or be detoured into a large crowd to make way for some parade or show. I wouldn't mind a return to some more quiet time, when a person can wander on their own and let their imagination create the joy and fun - the in-between time can be spent talking with friends and family and sharing experiences personally. Having been coming to Disney parks since 1971, the change really only started kicking in around 2006 or so...so for 35 years Disney managed to have magical parks and entertain millions of all ages without quite so much constant sound and fury...but it's likely part of the overall change in kids' expectations. With 24-hour video screens in their hands, first-person gaming, frantically-edited action movies, CG, headphones with blaring music, constant texting, surfing, friending, tweeting, etc., current generations seem to almost need constant action to hold their attention...if there's not enough light and sound happening in the real park, many will just retreat back to their phones and virtual worlds. It hasn't taken away my ability to enjoy the parks, where I still go 4-5 trips a year...but I do find myself avoiding certain parks at certain times, or steering around certain parts of the park, just to avoid the aural assault. I accept that it's me - getting older, and many will not share that opinion...which is fine too. I'm not trying to dictate that Disney shut down parades and shows - just including my opinion that I won't miss this one if it does indeed end, and my personal hope is that it's not replaced by another parade or show. I'd love to see just one Main Street parade during the early afternoon, and one nighttime Main Street parade like the MSEP...and no Royal Friendhip Faire castle stage show...kinda like it used to be!

Wall-o-text lol

The roping off of the park was definitely annoying (more annoying than the crowds imo) but the parade was a great way to get characters out there for all to see. I remember Disney of yesteryears with characters roaming around all over. Now, unless you pay a fortune for a character meal or wait in line forever, there’s no character spottings. The Disney Cruise is replacing the world as a favorite because you get the fun dance parties and interactions with the characters. As adults we may itinerary-plan with purpose to see a parade, but it’ll just be a sad place when my daughters don’t spontaneously see Minnie in the streets of MK. I hope it’s replaced with something - and that the something has dearly loved characters.

This is one thing I'm not sad to see go. I'm not a fan of any of the dance party sorts of things, and this is a moving dance party that gets in my way.

We did just that. Never planned to see it, but if we were near main street, we would stop and look.

Told DH about parade ending. His reply.......Disney must feel if people are watching parades they aren't in the stores buying.

It messes up with traffic flow , especially on a crowded day, we got trapped by it all the time and have little kids that barely care for it.
We must be old pros at navigating the crowds there then. We never had much of a problem finding shortcuts around it since it was mainly in the hub. A few seconds detour seemed more preferable than all those people in, say the narrow Adventureland walkway instead, or several hundred more people in lines for a ride somewhere. It was a nice event to soak up a good number of people for a bit.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been posted already but I just read this on another site. My initial take is it's another budget cut for us to accept. What used to set Disney World apart from every other theme park IMHO was their outstanding parades. The nighttime parades were unique and spewed the Disney touch no one else had. They are now gone and here is yet another parade about to be gone leaving just one. My hope is someday they will bring back the nighttime parades but the Disney company seems to be all about cutting out the Disney touch and raising prices to raise profits. I get it, they are a business but the cuts are showing in the parks and resorts. If you are new to the Disney Parks you probably don't know they Disney Company of years past. It was never like this. I've been a share holder and AP holder for over 20 years and am very disappointed every time I see them cut or discontinue something that sets them apart from everyone else. They haven't been replacing their cuts with anything. Writing letters, emailing and calling does nothing. We are expected to accept their less for more strategies. Didn't mean to make this sound like a rant, but as a long time loyal repeat visitor, I'm just tired of seeing them making cuts without replacing with something else.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...t-party-coming-to-and-end-later-this-year.htm
But they are raising ticket prices and charging resort parking and closing the parks earlier and earlier Electric parade gone and now this parade. Disney seems to be getting less patron friendly every year..But you get to pay higher prices so rejoice.

Last edited:
I think this should have been posted on the Rumors thread. Did you see the parts in the article that state, "it isn't yet clear if there will be another version to follow" and "The current version of the Move It! Shake It! Dance and Play It! Street Party is likely to have its final show later this year" and "this information should be treated as speculation at this point." This parade has been updated once and they may just be updating it again (and it really needs an update!). Why are we jumping to conclusions? Yes, you're right, with the opening of Pandora, TSL, Star Wars Land and the addition of gondolas, it's very apparent WDW is cutting corners . . .
I will most likely be dead by that time. TSL is getting rather weak reviews like it was built on the cheap. Navi is a bomb.

A thousand times yes!!!

Just saw the replacement....looks like it might make everyone happy. Sounds like a dance party still, but a more stationary one just in front of the castle! https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-in-2019/?CMP=SOC-DPFY18Q4wo0919180926180003C

I love that this new version is gonna move away from contemporary songs (and I’m not an old coot complaining about the new-fangled music) and towards freshened up versions of Mickey Mouse Club songs. If this is what they mean by using more IP, count me in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter