Moved vow renewal UP- now we're planning in less than a year!

Ginamarie

DIS Veteran
Well, like a lot of people, Covid really put a monkey wrench into our travel plans for the next couple of years. We wound up postponing everything from 2020 into 2021. Originally, we were looking to do a DCL vow renewal in 2022, but I don't see us sailing on DCL in 2022 anymore. So, realizing that we're already planning to be in WDW for July 2021 at this point, we decided it made a lot more sense to push our vow renewal up instead of pushing it back.

I emailed the weddings dept yesterday about trying to get Luau Pointe for a specific week in July- hoping they will be able to accommodate us. I'm not too picky on which day we get, but it would have to be that week because that's when my brother and SIL will also be in town.

I'm feeling a little rushed now, especially since DCL gave me very few factors to plan and WDW has a lot more. Hoping we can get our dates/locations locked quickly since we're already under 12 months. I'm thinking about emailing a couple of the photographers we are interested in to see what their availability is for that week (maybe things are MORE booked now since everyone is cancelling their 2020 events). Now the wait is killing me!

Don't worry! Plenty of us have planned large weddings and vow renewals in less time than that. Even with the options opened up by switching to a land-based event, there is still so much that Disney does for you, that all you have to worry about is the fun stuff, like decor and food.

Don't worry! Plenty of us have planned large weddings and vow renewals in less time than that. Even with the options opened up by switching to a land-based event, there is still so much that Disney does for you, that all you have to worry about is the fun stuff, like decor and food.
The first thing I did was download the update to your guide!

I planned a entire wedding (eloped) in about 4 months at WDW. I had a weekday ceremony so I think that made it easier. My dress was the biggest concern on timing.

I planned a entire wedding (eloped) in about 4 months at WDW. I had a weekday ceremony so I think that made it easier. My dress was the biggest concern on timing.

We signed our contracts today- also for a weekday event (trying to save money). We were able to get my second choice of ceremony locations and my first choice for reception, plus a MK and Epcot photo shoot the morning of the renewal. Also was able to book our outside photographer for the day. I'm so excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!