Moving a DLR Trip to Walt Disney World- Let’s Talk!

Oh wow, all of us are going in June? So funny! Great minds....

I love the Magic Bands- I wish that would come to Disneyland one day.
Well, not all of us are going in June now. Long story short, my son is now able to go. Sooooooo, I had to change to July 18-24. That was the only date that would work for us and get us the schedule we wanted. It was a VERY long time on the phone yesterday. My CM was great though. Anyway, super happy I will be taking both son and daughter. It will be worth the wait. I hope you all have a fantastic time in June. I'll be thinking of you. :wave2:

Love it, I'll just be yelling out our forum names at random! I'm sure my son won't be embarrassed at all. :rotfl2:

I think you're right, Disney World will be prepared for this... I think I'm just nervous for the heat lol!

Thank you! Have a great trip!

June is getting closer and closer to, wooohooo!
I'm a little concerned about the head too. My kids can get kind of icky feeling in the heat. Well be drinking LOTS of water and I will invest in those cooling towels every one is talking about. (Sorry I won't be able to yell out your name when I'm there.) Hey maybe you should change your trip to July??!!?!?! :rotfl2:

Can we talk WDW hotels? We have a conundrum.

We have a DVC Rental credit to use from our canceled 2020 trip. We're trying to use it to stay at Beach Club, but so far no renters are interested. So now we're looking at hotel options. Beach Club is like $7500 (we need 2 rooms). Caribbean Beach Resort is $3500 for the 2 rooms! We're leaning toward CBR for the significant savings, but the reason we loved Beach Club was for it's convenience to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Will we miss out on that too much? Or will CBR feel just as convenient since it's on the Skyliner? We've never been, and since we're going in January we'll be dealing with shortened park hours, so I don't want to risk missing valuable park time because we're spending all our time in transit (though we also figure we can do a lot of Uber trips for $4000!)

Anyway, anyone have an opinion on which resort to choose?

Can we talk WDW hotels? We have a conundrum.

We have a DVC Rental credit to use from our canceled 2020 trip. We're trying to use it to stay at Beach Club, but so far no renters are interested. So now we're looking at hotel options. Beach Club is like $7500 (we need 2 rooms). Caribbean Beach Resort is $3500 for the 2 rooms! We're leaning toward CBR for the significant savings, but the reason we loved Beach Club was for it's convenience to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Will we miss out on that too much? Or will CBR feel just as convenient since it's on the Skyliner? We've never been, and since we're going in January we'll be dealing with shortened park hours, so I don't want to risk missing valuable park time because we're spending all our time in transit (though we also figure we can do a lot of Uber trips for $4000!)

Anyway, anyone have an opinion on which resort to choose?

We own contracts at BCV, so we’re a bit biased… Walking trumps all for us, and you can’t beat being able to walk to two parks. What does the rental company say about waiting until the 7 month booking window? You’d obviously have to wait another month depending on when in January you’re going, but IMO it’s well worth the wait!

We own contracts at BCV, so we’re a bit biased… Walking trumps all for us, and you can’t beat being able to walk to two parks. What does the rental company say about waiting until the 7 month booking window? You’d obviously have to wait another month depending on when in January you’re going, but IMO it’s well worth the wait!

Currently, we are planning to wait until the 7 month mark. They said that's totally fine, and that they typically know within about 48 hours after the 7 month date if they'll be able to make it work. We can also change anytime and try to get a rental at another resort if we want to, but with what's available we'd either be sacrificing convenience (AKL) or spending a lot more money (Bay Lake, Riviera).

We have a DVC Rental credit to use from our canceled 2020 trip. We're trying to use it to stay at Beach Club, but so far no renters are interested. So now we're looking at hotel options. Beach Club is like $7500 (we need 2 rooms). Caribbean Beach Resort is $3500 for the 2 rooms! We're leaning toward CBR for the significant savings, but the reason we loved Beach Club was for it's convenience to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Will we miss out on that too much? Or will CBR feel just as convenient since it's on the Skyliner?

We stayed at CBR in November and absolutely loved it. When it comes to the Skyliner it's easily the most convenient hotel because it's where the main 'hub' is located so you will never have to transfer and can go straight to HS or Epcot. We always lined up 90 mins before park opening for HS and we're usually the first group in line and the first group on the Skyliner. Epcot we'd get there an hour before opening. The Skyliner is also real convenient if you want to ride it back to take a hotel break.

One thing I'd note about CBR is it's massive- we had a room in between the Skyliner and Feature Pool it was a long walk still to both. If we stay there again, I'd pay for a preferred room to be close to the pool- the walk was so rough when my son would ask to hit the pool I'd like groan. :rotfl2:

That's the only negative though- I loved the grounds, the pool, the Skyliner... it's a beautiful resort.

We're not really hang out at the pool people, so I would be requesting one of the buildings that's between Skyliners.

I also booked the Swan Reserve, which hasn't even opened yet. Waiting for it to open and reviews to be available!

Update regarding outdoor mask policy at WDW! 🤞 I for one will be ecstatic about this, we're vaccinated, so this would be great- definitely help with the heat!

Chapek: "There's going to be a lot more comfortable people this summer in Orlando, you can only imagine what it would be like in 95 degrees and 95% humidity wearing a mask so we're thrilled to be able to do that"

Update regarding outdoor mask policy at WDW! 🤞 I for one will be ecstatic about this, we're vaccinated, so this would be great- definitely help with the heat!

Chapek: "There's going to be a lot more comfortable people this summer in Orlando, you can only imagine what it would be like in 95 degrees and 95% humidity wearing a mask so we're thrilled to be able to do that"

I just got vaccinated yesterday. My question is.....Will my kids have to wear a mask or will they let them go without because I'm vaccinated? I think it would be pretty weird if my kids had to wear one but maybe not me. I could see some parents (not me) being a little upset. I have a feeling if and when they change the policy, they will more than likely have a change across the board for everyone so they don't have to "police" anymore. What do you guys think? :wave2:

I just got vaccinated yesterday. My question is.....Will my kids have to wear a mask or will they let them go without because I'm vaccinated? I think it would be pretty weird if my kids had to wear one but maybe not me. I could see some parents (not me) being a little upset. I have a feeling if and when they change the policy, they will more than likely have a change across the board for everyone so they don't have to "police" anymore. What do you guys think? :wave2:

I think the common consensus is they'll just make masks outdoors optional with indoor masking required.

Personally, I will be absolutely thrilled to not have to wear a mask in 90 degree heat and with that humidity! Hoping so much this is a done deal.. which sounds like it from Chapek's comments yesterday.

I think the common consensus is they'll just make masks outdoors optional with indoor masking required.

Personally, I will be absolutely thrilled to not have to wear a mask in 90 degree heat and with that humidity! Hoping so much this is a done deal.. which sounds like it from Chapek's comments yesterday.
Agreed. I would be happy for us to be able to at least not wear them outside. Especially since we've never been there before and will be getting "used" to the heat. Your going in June right? I hope you have a super fun time and that Disney makes those changes before you go. Thanks so much for your reply. :)

Agreed. I would be happy for us to be able to at least not wear them outside. Especially since we've never been there before and will be getting "used" to the heat. Your going in June right? I hope you have a super fun time and that Disney makes those changes before you go. Thanks so much for your reply. :)

Yes we leave June 23rd! And thank you! I hope you have a great time too!

And as of tomorrow, Universal Orlando is no longer requiring masks outdoors so I bet WDW follows suit!

https://blogmickey.com/2021/05/universal-orlando-drops-outdoor-mask-mandate-effective-tomorrow/

Yes we leave June 23rd! And thank you! I hope you have a great time too!

And as of tomorrow, Universal Orlando is no longer requiring masks outdoors so I bet WDW follows suit!

https://blogmickey.com/2021/05/universal-orlando-drops-outdoor-mask-mandate-effective-tomorrow/
Yes, I saw that. The very first thing I thought was Disney won't be far behind. They seem to copy each other don't they? I hope we hear super soon. I have a feeling we will don't you? Take Care!!! and once again have fun!!!! :jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!