Moving a DLR Trip to Walt Disney World- Let’s Talk!

I thought the speedway was actually a speedway for a bit. lol. I kinda remember WDW having a racetrack at some point? 😂🤣😂 I felt silly when I looked on a map and it’s a gas station. Haha!

You are correct in that WDW did actually have a speedway/racetrack. It was just south of the Magic Kingdom. I believe the last iteration of the track was the Richard Petty Driving Experience. It shut down in 2015.

Woah! That’s awesome! That’s a huge help I’m totally going to do that. Thank you!!

ETA: any idea how late can you get a table at the RC by the AK when park closes? It shows on the site only being open until 5 but our park day the hours go until 6.
That one I don’t know

You are correct in that WDW did actually have a speedway/racetrack. It was just south of the Magic Kingdom. I believe the last iteration of the track was the Richard Petty Driving Experience. It shut down in 2015.
Glad I wasn’t going crazy! Lol. I remember watching the old specials on the travel channel and they would show that you could drive a race car.

Well....moving to Disney world is a “go” for my girls trip in December! I will be canceling and rebooking package and flights tomorrow!! We just don’t want to risk not having disney magic for the holiday season!!
So exciting!!

Ok so now I am fully putting energy to get back to WDW after today's news lol. I was tentatively planning for January, but my BFF isn't so sure. She's a teacher in AZ, and she said many of the schools out there are having outbreaks, so she is going to be careful when it comes to traveling (I agree with her, she needs to be careful). She doesn't want to commit until she sees how flu season goes. So maybe Spring Break, or President's weekend.

Ok so now I am fully putting energy to get back to WDW after today's news lol. I was tentatively planning for January, but my BFF isn't so sure. She's a teacher in AZ, and she said many of the schools out there are having outbreaks, so she is going to be careful when it comes to traveling (I agree with her, she needs to be careful). She doesn't want to commit until she sees how flu season goes. So maybe Spring Break, or President's weekend.

It does ease the sadness having a WDW trip to plan for! I’m a bit nervous about the risk but I’ve told myself if things get too busy we can always just find a mellow corner and take a breather. I’m not as worried about the plane after reading about all the hepa filters they use. We have some stylish face shields to wear on it with our n95s so figure can’t take more precautions than that!

To anyone looking to fly- avoid United! They aren’t blocking middle seats. All my canceled trip credits are with them so I ended up buying the third seat (cheap anyways) so no one is sitting next to us. 😒

We are flying Alaska, but they start selling the middle seat again the week before we leave. So we took one whole row and then one aisle across. Hoping only one person will sit at the window. We looked into Delta, but in the fine print they say they will fill the middle seats if they need to get passengers from cancelled flights on the plane...so it wasn't worth the extra cost. I am secretly hoping Alaska will continue to not fill the middle seat into December.

Not sure if people get emails for WDW. They just sent me an email for discounted rooms for 2021 if I use the code they gave me. Check your emails!

Well, we are going to bite the bullet and do a 2nd WDW trip this year. 6 days, 5 nights, 2 theme park days, 1 water park day for YDD's birthday at the end of May/early June. DH nixed Universal Studios Orlando (I'd much rather be at WDW over Universal anyway). For the non-park days, I think that we will consider are:
  • consider a day trip to Cape Canaveral
  • take YDD horseback riding at Fort Wilderness ($55/person, ages 9 & up); pony rides are $8/kid.
  • rent a canoe at Fort Wilderness ($13/hour, 1 canoe fits 3 people)
  • rent a boat for DH at CR or Wilderness Lodge. He doesn't know it, but he's going to love this. You pay by the hour. Prices vary based on what sized boat you rent. They have ones that seat 2 people for $32/30 min, some that seat 6 people for $45/30 min, and 10-seater boats for $45/30 min.
  • archery lessons at Fort Wilderness ($45/person)

Ok, need everyone's opinions. Line etiquette. I am seeing lines are long, and that is ok, we are bracing for that. My question is this: we have to hydrate if we are standing in 60-100 minute lines. Is it acceptable (when the line is stationary) to quickly pull your mask down, take a drink of water, then quickly pull your mask back on? I don't want to rub people the wrong way. But I also can't imagine waiting in line that long without hydrating! Thoughts? Thank you!

Ok, need everyone's opinions. Line etiquette. I am seeing lines are long, and that is ok, we are bracing for that. My question is this: we have to hydrate if we are standing in 60-100 minute lines. Is it acceptable (when the line is stationary) to quickly pull your mask down, take a drink of water, then quickly pull your mask back on? I don't want to rub people the wrong way. But I also can't imagine waiting in line that long without hydrating! Thoughts? Thank you!
I would say yes. But hopefully someone chimes in that has been to WDW recently and would know. The reason I say yes is because at DTD when you are in line for the shops, the CM's instruct that if you need to drink water/starbucks to take a sip and immediately put the mask on. You can't leave it under you chin, on your ear, or has a headband (yes, I someone do this, and the CM made him fix it lol). Disney's mask rules are the same across the board, so it should be the case down there.

I have been hardcore lurking on the WDW boards and most people seem to be fine with that if you replace your mask right away. It’s just really unrealistic to not drink anything f when waiting in a line that long. I always travel with reusable straws anyways so my plan is to use those to take drinks from our water bottle under the mask. I’m more worried about the reports I’ve seen of people eating in line 😬 so IMO someone taking a quick drink of water wouldn’t bug me like that would.

Yes. Go ahead and do it. It's far better than passing out from heat stroke.

Me vs. Oga’s Cantina. I still can’t get my hands on a reservation. I have an active search on the Touring Plans finder and I refresh daily. Is there any other strategies to be aware of or is this it? Stand at the entrance and cry? 😂

Me vs. Oga’s Cantina. I still can’t get my hands on a reservation. I have an active search on the Touring Plans finder and I refresh daily. Is there any other strategies to be aware of or is this it? Stand at the entrance and cry? 😂
Are they allowing walk ins?

Maybe people will cancel closer to your trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!