MS Tips?

puente0629

DIS Veteran
Hello,

My mother-in-law has MS and she is very worried about being in the heat at Disney. Any tips/tricks to help her out?

Thank you!

I find Omni freeze clothing fain and mister and a wide brim hat works great. Do your FP for the rides with out door lines when it is the hottest During the heat of the day is when to do the indoor rides

I am a person with MS, and heat is definitely a trigger for flare ups for me. The last time we were in the parks was June of 2017, and I took Mission cooling cloths with us, and they helped a ton. I got them at Target for about $14.99, and I wet them down and placed them in ziploc bags. When I found myself getting hot, I would take a wet cloth out of the ziploc, give it a twist, and wrap it around my neck. Instant cooling! All I needed to do was re wet them, twist them again, and instant coolness again!

I move from air conditioned spot to air conditioned spot, when necessary, and I take dips in the resort pool. I'm always grateful for air conditioned busses to cool off and get a little rest, too.

Enjoy your trip...I hope you have a magical time!

All QS locations will give you free ice water; we like to bring our Resort mugs to the Parks and keep them filled with ice water - they are insulated, and so it stays cold longer.

There is SPF rated clothing (brands like Coolibar) that can help; as my friend @gap2368 says, a wide-brimmed hat is important - you create your own shade that way. I have my beautiful silk parasol from the China pavilion at Epcot that I bring with me for those times when the sun isn't directly overhead, and I need to create more shade than is available.

If she opts for short sleeves, shorts, sandals, etc. make sure you take along a good quality sunBLOCK to prevent sunburn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!