Mt fuji view? Hilton?

heybets30

Mouseketeer
Many folks have said they had view of Mt Fuji from the Hilton. May I ask what room class??? We have enough Chase points to book 1 night at the Hilton via Chase, and the second night with Discover rewards (Hotels.com certificate). Hate booking 2 separate reservations, but this would make all 10 nights of our trip paid for!! (More moolah for souvenirs & experiences!!!)

edited: are we crazy to do 1 night at the Hilton AND one at the Sheraton?? We actually enjoy checking out diff hotels. Does the luggage transfer work between these two hotels, or is that to DL hotel/celebration/Miracosta only? We opted against breakfast package - hubby & daughter aren’t huge breakfast eaters, we are better grabbing something quick.

Last edited:
You just need a room with ocean view. I think the two room categories for view are park view and ocean view. I will say that we were there for 6 nights and couldn’t see Mt. Fuji the entire time because of clouds. We weren’t in our room all day (mostly morning and night). I wouldn’t plan on getting a great view of it from your room. A room on a higher floor would have a better chance.

We were on the 7th floor, ocean view (which is a bay view btw) and saw Mt. Fuji 2 days. It is a nice extra when it appears, but nothing worth planning around, imho.
What time of year were you there? We were there in June which is typically rainy. We had mostly cloudy days with one day of rain.

What time of year were you there? We were there in June which is typically rainy. We had mostly cloudy days with one day of rain.
December. The weather was so dynamic at that time (wind/clouds/rain/sun many times in the same day) that Mt. Fuji may have been popping out while we were out and about, but like you indicated above, we weren't in our room then.

December. The weather was so dynamic at that time (wind/clouds/rain/sun many times in the same day) that Mt. Fuji may have been popping out while we were out and about, but like you indicated above, we weren't in our room then.
I was just curious. We had one “rest” day before we did the parks and we were in our room some but still didn’t have a view of the mountain.

Mt. Fuji is notoriously shy, so I wouldn't count on ever seeing it from the Hilton (or even if you do a dedicated day trip to see / visit it).
We did a day trip to hakone and it was so cloudy. We did get a tiny view of it but even that wasn’t the best

Don’t know if you’ve ever been, but keep the expectations in check. Mt. Fuji is not how it’s portrayed in the movies. The movies always show it as this hulking volcano overshadowing Tokyo. That’s not the case at all. From your room it will just look like a small volcano in the distance, and depending on weather you may not even be able to see it.

We did a day trip to hakone and it was so cloudy. We did get a tiny view of it but even that wasn’t the best
We stayed 2 nights in Hakone-En and only had quick peeks until midday the last day when we we rushing for our hotel shuttle. It was so foggy we couldn't even see the lake! We could see Mt Fuji from our Tokyo Bay room though - we stayed 3 nights club level and often popped back to the room/hotel to eat there and grab a sweatshirt for night and we sat and watched the sunset.

Last edited:
Many folks have said they had view of Mt Fuji from the Hilton. May I ask what room class??? We have enough Chase points to book 1 night at the Hilton via Chase, and the second night with Discover rewards (Hotels.com certificate). Hate booking 2 separate reservations, but this would make all 10 nights of our trip paid for!! (More moolah for souvenirs & experiences!!!)

edited: are we crazy to do 1 night at the Hilton AND one at the Sheraton?? We actually enjoy checking out diff hotels. Does the luggage transfer work between these two hotels, or is that to DL hotel/celebration/Miracosta only? We opted against breakfast package - hubby & daughter aren’t huge breakfast eaters, we are better grabbing something quick.

We stayed at Celebrio club level ocean view which is one of the top floors - maybe even the top?
Here are photos of the view with the window included for reference and a zoomed in photo- both taken on my phone so not as good as some cameras. Also just checked the time stamp this was 6.50 AM as it can get hazier during the day.
We were blessed with good weather for this part of the trip - our Hakone stay was foggy and then hazy.

84531248_177503263501494_6708035121536040960_n.jpg84541315_497141414517006_2068020628400635904_n.jpg

We stayed at Celebrio club level ocean view which is one of the top floors - maybe even the top?
Here are photos of the view with the window included for reference and a zoomed in photo- both taken on my phone so not as good as some cameras. Also just checked the time stamp this was 6.50 AM as it can get hazier during the day.
We were blessed with good weather for this part of the trip - our Hakone stay was foggy and then hazy.

View attachment 469852View attachment 469853
What time of year were you there? I'm sure that makes a difference, too

What time of year were you there? I'm sure that makes a difference, too
Oh yes definitely! I forgot to add that. We were in Japan 20th April to 9th May. We went to Hakone first (21,22 April) and then ended in Disney ( 6-9 May). Photo was the 8th May. We could still see Mt Fuji 9th May in the AM but it was much grayer/cloudier.

Cool pics!! We just want a peek ;-) we hear visibility can be pretty good during November so fingers crossed. Hoping maybe the Shinkasen ride to Kyoto we might get a look too.

Cool pics!! We just want a peek ;-) we hear visibility can be pretty good during November so fingers crossed. Hoping maybe the Shinkasen ride to Kyoto we might get a look too.

Make sure you book right hand side seats on the shinkansen so you can see from your window. We did see glimpses on the train. Yes November should be pretty clear. Hope you guys get great views.

We had the bay view at the Hilton, and got lucky with visibility. But even though you can see it, it is pretty small and off in the distance.

The Shinkansen is definitely your best bet for a good view. This picture was taken with my phone on the Shinkansen from Osaka to Tokyo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!