Mulan movie release

HoosierJoy86

Earning My Ears
With movie theaters all over the country closed, how will Disney handle the release of Mulan? I’ve been really looking forward to seeing it.

I bet they just wait it out until the movie theaters are back in business. I know they've moved some popular films to Disney+ very quickly lately (Frozen 2, Onward). But this is such a big, expensive movie with so much hype and controversy around it, it seems like they'll need to get it to theaters first.

Can I put down my nickel on March 2021?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Disney was banking on not only US box office for this, but China/Asia box office as well. They need a big international theatrical opening for this, and if I were them, I'd be game to wait a year to get that.

Onward is going to Disney+ already because it already had its theatrical opening even though a lot of people didn't go to the theatre.

And this is making me want to start a new thread to speculate on movie release dates.

I'm reallyyyy excited for the release of the movie! So sad it is postponed, but definitely understandable... In the meantime, I created a quiz in Mulan theme! Send me a message and I'll give you the link of the quiz!

Mulan got delayed again, this time without a new release date.
Avatar 2 and the new Star Wars movie are delayed by a year as well to December 2022.

At this point while nothing is official I’m going to assume No New Movies for the rest of 2020 and the following for 2021
——
Mulan = March 2021 “Untitled Live Action”
Soul= June 2021”Untitled Pixar”
Raya possibly moving from March 2021 to November 2021 Untitled Animation
Cruella possibly moving from May 2021 to October 2021 Untitled Live Action
Black Widow in Feb, Eternals in May, Shang Chi Nov (Spider-Man and everything after moving back a release date)
Jungle Cruise stays where it is in July
Beatles Documentary is an outlier could go to Disney +

Can't believe that nickel I put on March 2021 almost 4 months ago is looking like it might pay off.

I am so conflicted about Soul. I would love to see it move out of this year's Oscar eligibility (if there will even be such a thing) just so poor Onward could get a little bit of love.

Then I thought, if Soul was in this year's hypothetical Oscar season and there were few enough movies in the pool, it has enough Oscar-bait cred it could get a real Best Pic nomination!

But in the end, the most important thing for Soul is to make a ton of money so Pixar has permission to keep making original stories, so they need to push it out however far it takes to get people comfortable with theatres again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!