Mulan

nlenguyen

PharmDis95
Has anyone watched or will pay for the premier access? My family has been going back and forth wanting to do it. Any recommendations? Any reviews?

Thank you

Has anyone watched or will pay for the premier access? My family has been going back and forth wanting to do it. Any recommendations? Any reviews?

Thank you

I'm seriously thinking about it for this evening. In my country its €21.99 which to me is a fair price. I'm one of those odd Disney fans though, I have never watched the animated Mulan, so I have nothing to compare it with.

I'm seriously thinking about it for this evening. In my country its €21.99 which to me is a fair price. I'm one of those odd Disney fans though, I have never watched the animated Mulan, so I have nothing to compare it with.
Then also go watch the animated, it is one of Disney's better movies from this era and with great songs.

I'm still on the fence now that I know that it's available for free in 3 months. Maybe I'll read the reviews first. IT's at 82% on Rotten Tomatoes, that's a good sign :)

I really want to see it and reviews are solid, but with it coming in December I think I will wait. I've been looking forward to it for a long time and I like that it is different from the animated one because it would never be able to compare. The original is one of my favorite Disney films.

Ditto. Was willing to pay for it and then saw we only had to wait three months. I mean, it's not like my family has been dying for a live action Mulan for a couple decades. Hamilton I would have paid early access for, but not Mulan.

If it was more appealing to kids ages 6 and 4 we would 100% pay the 30 bucks. As it is though it's not a new movie we are super excited about.

If Frozen 2 had been released during the pandemic we would have paid $30 OR MORE.

I thought it was good and my daughters 6 and 8 did too. I was fine with the price given that we haven’t had much entertainment all summer! I also love finding movies that are entertaining for both kids and adults. It was not like the cartoon- much more adult/serious. No songs, no singing. Great action/fight scenes. I would say perhaps too much violence for the younger viewers. We will watch it again for sure.

We watched it tonight. I think if we had never seen the original we would have absolutely loved it. Having seen the original, we really missed the music and we also missed mushu from the original. To us, that made it feel like there was a little something missing- and it didn't have as much of the humor. None of us were fans of the non-talking mushu replacement (thought it looked like a kite-thought it was a kite at first), although we could see why mushu wouldn't work in this film. We all did really like the character that we call "not Shang"- we all felt like he was great. All in all it was a really good movie and we don't regret buying it at all. I could easily sit and watch it again. The cinematography is beautiful.

Last edited:
Just finished watching, and I loved it!!

I’m not usually a fan of remaking the animated classics as live action, but this one was amazing!

I thought I would miss the singing, but there were enough little nods in the background music to keep me happy. I did kind of miss Mushu, but they added in some scenes from Mulan’s childhood, which completely made up for that. (He would have been out of place in this, more serious, version anyway.)

I don’t intend to show it to my little niece and nephew yet, as the violence is up there. But for older kids, it’s got great messages as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts