• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Multi-Family Trip at VGF

GotLabradors

Missing Mr. Toad
We are planning a multi-family trip (14 people; 6 adults, 8 kids). What would be the best combination of villas at VGF? I don't think we want to do the 3 bedroom because of the expense, but we are going to need multiple villas. We would like villas that connect. Any suggestions from DVC pros?

Villas don't connect other that a 1 bedroom/studio can become a 2 bedroom lock-off. You need to check the member website for the max occupancy.

:earsboy: Bill

There are very few villas at VGF - I think there are only around 20 studios. Are you using your own points or trying to rent? The studios book out very, very fast - it would be next to impossible to get multiple of them for a trip. You might have better luck reserving two dedicated 2 bedroom villas. They seem to book last because the points needed for booking them are so high. If I were trying to rent points and reserve multiple villas, I would have a back up plan if VGF is already full.

With that mix of guests, I would get 2 two bedroom villas. We just spent 5 nights in a 2 bedroom at VGF and I had to use 340 points. That times two would get really expensive, really fast to rent points.

Thanks for the reply. We're going to try and rent and are looking at a bunch of different possibilities. We would prefer VGF or BLT. It's just a lot of information to wade through. The trip will be in September of 2015, so we have some time to get it all figured out. Just trying to wrap our heads around all the options. The DIS community is just a wealth of knowledge at pretty much everyone's disposal. :)

A 2 br and a studio would make your capacity (9+5).

You would likely need to book at 11 months out. At that time frame you are going to likely pay $15/pt.

For both rooms standard view weekdays would be 63 points or $945/nt, lake view would be 75 pts or $1025/nt

For both rooms standard view weekends would be 75 points or $1025/nt, lake view would be 90 pts or $1350/nt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter