Multiple ("rolling") park reservations on one day

squirk

Saw what you did and knows who you are.
I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered elsewhere; my searches didn't uncover a clear answer.

Regarding the current theme park reservation system - I understand it and the purpose behind it. However, if you have AP or a PH, is Disney letting you switch your park reservation mid-day to a different park if that park has low attendance that day?

For example, you make a reservation for MK, arrive early, and by 3:00 p.m., you're done. You go back to your resort for a swim and dinner, and then you're ready to head back to the parks. If, say, AK was really light on attendance that day, and had nowhere near the target crowd Disney had planned on, could/would Concierge at your resort switch your park reservation to AK so you could go there that same evening?

I totally understand this would be a "pixie dust" situation that wouldn't be a policy or anything anyone should rely on as a "given," but are there any reports of this kind of thing happening?

Please and thank you.

Nope, not allowed. I doubt there would be any capability in the system for a cast member to accomplish this even if a concierge "wanted" to do it.

But I think this is how they could re-introduce park hopping and still retain the park reservation system. Who knows if/when something like this will happen?

That's called Park Hopping and it's not allowed right now, no

No, not quite the same thing. In my example, you would not be able to freely move from park to park of your own accord. You could only “hop” if a CM cleared you to do so, purely on a discretionary basis, contingent on that day’s park populations.

I think this is specifically described on the phone lines ...and stated a castmember does not have capability to alter.
The guidelines are government regulations and not just a Disney decision...

The better question is why would Disney even want to do this? It would quickly get out on the internet and cast members would be swarmed with people expecting pixie dust. Plus, given the posted policy, it would be incredibly entitled to even approach a cast member and ask about it.

The better question is why would Disney even want to do this? It would quickly get out on the internet and cast members would be swarmed with people expecting pixie dust. Plus, given the posted policy, it would be incredibly entitled to even approach a cast member and ask about it.

Why would it be “incredibly entitled” to simply ask the question? If the answer is “no,” then you thank the CM for their time and go on with your day.

Just as you perhaps could be so kind to thank us for taking the time to answer and help you with your plans.
You are welcome

Just as you perhaps could be so kind to thank us for taking the time to answer and help you with your plans.
You are welcome

I’m sorry I didn’t “like” your post or say “thanks” quickly enough for you, and that you felt compelled to post some snotty passive-aggressive response less than twenty minutes after your original post.

Thank you so very much.

I’m sorry I didn’t “like” your post or say “thanks” quickly enough for you, and that you felt compelled to post some snotty passive-aggressive response less than twenty minutes after your original post.

Thank you so very much.
I apologize

We were just discussing hopping for our next trip. WDW sells hoppers for 2021. They could retract but looks like they're trying :earsboy: :sunny:

We arrive Jan 8th, soon after hoppers come back and also the day Epcot's Art Fest starts. With AK/MK have earliest opens and HS am's the best shot at BGs, Epcot might be the most popular hop choice for the Festival and later hours. Competition could get heavy?

The big mystery is how hop spots will be reserved. At what point can a guest reserve, will anything be required of guests (like leaving the first park before confirming), will they be tracking live capacity, keeping buckets too, etc? HS will be good to watch since usually at capacity. Will spots open as soon some guests start leaving and who gets that spot: person standing in front of HS or Quickdraw McGraw on MDE?

We'll have to find out the best strategy on the fly and share our experience with DIS. Tentative hopping makes ADRs :tongue: challenging to sort.

We were just discussing hopping for our next trip. WDW sells hoppers for 2021. They could retract but looks like they're trying :earsboy: :sunny:

We arrive Jan 8th, soon after hoppers come back and also the day Epcot's Art Fest starts. With AK/MK have earliest opens and HS am's the best shot at BGs, Epcot might be the most popular hop choice for the Festival and later hours. Competition could get heavy?

The big mystery is how hop spots will be reserved. At what point can a guest reserve, will anything be required of guests (like leaving the first park before confirming), will they be tracking live capacity, keeping buckets too, etc? HS will be good to watch since usually at capacity. Will spots open as soon some guests start leaving and who gets that spot: person standing in front of HS or Quickdraw McGraw on MDE?

We'll have to find out the best strategy on the fly and share our experience with DIS. Tentative hopping makes ADRs :tongue: challenging to sort.

Right. Our trip is in Feb. ‘21, and I was wondering how they would start phasing PH back in.

My original question was borne out of wondering if the current system is seeing any “lopsidedness” in park reservations whereby crowds are not evenly distributed and “spaced out” among the four parks.

Like, suppose MK had reservations that filled it to (limited) capacity on a given day, but AK was booked only at, say, 30% capacity that same day. If that happened, would some sort of very limited, ad hoc switching of park reservations re-distribute crowds to their liking?

None of this is factoring into my trip planning at all. The topic is just a wild hair that popped into my head today.

I know you recognize this elsewhere in your response, but even though they are selling hopper tickets starting 1/1/21, there is no sign or definitive info that the option will be available.

Why would it be “incredibly entitled” to simply ask the question? If the answer is “no,” then you thank the CM for their time and go on with your day.
How about because it says in multiple locations on the website where you signed up for your park reservation that it's limited to one park per day? "Hi. I know what the rules are but do they really apply to me?"

How about because it says in multiple locations on the website where you signed up for your park reservation that it's limited to one park per day? "Hi. I know what the rules are but do they really apply to me?"

Wow. Snide much?

They’ve been selling hoppers as of 1/1 since they began selling tickets again after the closure. But most people don’t think hopping will be back by then. They will most likely have to start up the refund machine again as of 1/1 to refund the hopper portion of tickets. I personally lean more towards end of Spring/early Summer as to when hopping may return.

They’ve been selling hoppers as of 1/1 since they began selling tickets again after the closure. But most people don’t think hopping will be back by then. They will most likely have to start up the refund machine again as of 1/1 to refund the hopper portion of tickets. I personally lean more towards end of Spring/early Summer as to when hopping may return.
Plenty of people would love to spend on hoppers to visit Epcot/WS in the evenings. WDW knows there's money waiting to be spent if only...

I have no insider knowledge but it wouldn't surprise me that getting the park reservation system expanded to include hopping is currently a high priority for them.

Plenty of people would love to spend on hoppers to visit Epcot/WS in the evenings. WDW knows there's money waiting to be spent if only...

I have no insider knowledge but it wouldn't surprise me that getting the park reservation system expanded to include hopping is currently a high priority for them.
Not when keeping capacity down and saving money are their number 1 priorities. It’s not about coming up with the IT to expand the park reservation system (that’s already there as this was going to be part of the new Genie system anyway).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!