Murphy’s are Live from WDW! July 15-22 - Port Orleans French Quarter

Loving your photos. Ahhhhh so nice to see it from afar...

I am just DYING over the crowd photos - there are a lot of people who look very irritated with the rain and then you have serious Disney troopers, busting out ponchos with walkers and stuffing ears into ponchos, etc.

Looks like a fun day. Sorry the rain dampened things, but at least you’ll have another chance later in the trip to visit TSL. I hope you are enjoying MK.

Did they stop running Slinky Dog Dash during the rain? Is the fastpass line for TSM newly decorated, too? We never do standby for that ride and I know that we miss a lot of the decorations in that line.

Did they stop running Slinky Dog Dash during the rain? Is the fastpass line for TSM newly decorated, too? We never do standby for that ride and I know that we miss a lot of the decorations in that line.

Slinky dog was still running. I assume as long as their is no lightning in the area they’ll try to keep going.

The fastpass line totally different now for TSM. You begin outdoors and wind around for a bit before entering from the backside of the building. As we walked in we could see Mr Potato Head in front of us and then we split off against the far left wall. You can still see quite a bit of the standby queue as you walk by. :)

Still having a great trip!

I forgot to mention yesterday how pleasantly surprised I was to see the swirl option was back for Dole Whip! I love it with the vanilla and I was so bummed when they got rid of it. So I'm THRILLED to have it back. :love:

ED74791C-B920-4F15-AF72-285DDFFA8D97_zpsi7kjfkdb.jpg

My opinion on the Alien Saucers is sort of mixed. The ride aesthetics are great but the mechanism leaves a lot to be desired. Sort of like the tea cups but without the joy of spinning them yourself. I felt like every time we got a tiny bit of speed up the brakes slowed us down. So it seems to be geared more toward very young children. More along the lines of the triceratops spin.

D73BEC4B-8584-4E73-B30B-1FD926A426A9_zpsyritpwwz.jpg

5E13AC1B-05BE-48A4-BBD9-2BE6A5744CA5_zpszspirkeg.jpg

FF07291E-8F4E-4177-926E-BC06CA614D69_zps8vdqxr1w.jpg

E4D81C55-C292-42BF-B0DD-28EED06EA7AE_zpsq7sj2em8.jpg

For lunch we ate across the way at Woody’s lunch box. We all had grilled cheese with tater tots and it was good. Nothing spectacular but it was quick and easy. Connor was excited to see Lotso, his old fav. :goodvibes

FE844441-4591-4F0A-9A19-994B2EDDC645_zpsxkqgolhj.jpg

After lunch we did Star Tours again and Tower of Terror.

CE3389D3-0DB1-4B50-9435-DFBCD9D58CC5_zps08suwucz.jpg

Dinner was at the AMAZING Chef Art’s Homecoming and it was delicious. We had the famous fried chicken and donuts. Hush puppies, Mac n cheese, cole slaw, mashed potatoes and cheddar biscuits. Needless to say we were so stuffed we had to walk Disney Springs for hours to be ok again. :rotfl:

Late last night we saw Incredibles 2 at the AMC and it was great. :thumbsup2

We are now headed onto Soarin. And dinner tonight is at Nine Dragons. :thumbsup2 Hoping the weather will cooperate.

Enjoying your live reports. Homecoming is on our to do list, we cannot wait to try that fried chicken and donuts...yum! We'll be there in 3 weeks, but it feels like an eternity. :hourglass:snail:
Have a wonderful time! pixiedust:

I am happy the Alien is not like the Tea Cups because I dislike spinning in circles.

Your Dole Whip yum. I like the spiral also.

At the park till 1am - wow- good for you girl !

Love Soarin.

Enjoy and have great weather.

What was the mention about you/your family Disney TV ?

Enjoying your live report, thinking about adding Homecomjng to our October trip the food sounds wonderful

Glad to see another live trip report and love that your boys still want to go to Disney. Mine is now 19 and has no interest at all anymore

I have enjoyed your live reports in the past and was excited to see a new one! Looks like a great time so far - and I agree one million percent about the dole whip swirl!!

What a day we’ve had!!! :tilt:

We arrived at the studios late morning for our slinky dog fastpass to find the ride was down with technical difficulties. :sad1: Of course I’m quietly panicking inside knowing tomorrow is our last day and we have no time left to come back to the studios again. So we decide to head off to do the rest of the park and hope for the best. Our other fastpasses for rockin roller coaster and star tours go as planned and we continue filling in the rest of the day with other attractions. Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, Muppets, anything and everything waiting for slinky dog. We had lunch at rizzo’s pizza, totally empty and pretty depressing surroundings compared to the old pizza planet. Don’t waste money on the tirimisu, it was just warm yucky pudding in a cup with watery gross stuff on the bottom.

After about 7 hours of the ride being down I’m starting to think it’s really not going to happen. We did one man’s dream, the launch bay, the shops, I don’t think I’ve so thoroughly covered this park in years. :rotfl:

We head toward our dinner reservation at Sci-fi around 7pm and just as it’s about time to eat slinky is finally fixed!! :worship: We rush over and hop on quickly and everything turns out fine in the end.

6481A0E3-04BC-462B-B123-4DF6AF72C928_zpsx0ykugrw.jpg

Thank goodness because it was such a cute ride and one of my new favs for sure. :love: Disney was in need of another family friendly coaster and I can’t say enough good things about it! :goodvibes LOVED IT!!!

Unfortunately dinner at sci-fi was disappointing and I think I’m officially marking it off our list for good. Poor service and mediocre food when there’s just too many great places to eat in WDW that are so much better.

After dinner we snagged a last minute fastpass for Toy Story Mania and caught the Movie Magic show and Star Wars fireworks. I think it was the longest day we’ve ever spent in one park without hopping or taking a break. Needless to say I’m... :faint:

Toy Story Land is so much more fun and colorful at night. I loved the lights!

4774BD8D-5611-4912-8889-85638F000ED7_zpszu1trlme.jpg

6487540B-93AF-4F6E-AD17-5D810F1694AE_zps0dcq910g.jpg

F9241D1E-C354-4884-9688-6B3F51838225_zpsuicpduxb.jpg

Tomorrow we have Animal Kingdom with fastpasses for flight of passage, Everest and Dinosaur then a late flight home at 8:00pm.

I think I forgot to post yesterday about our second Epcot day. It went well, we did Soarin and Frozen, plus a few other things... then had dinner at Nine Dragons.

6BFE7982-B2EF-4C7A-8DB5-E80925D70451_zpsyoqrjasx.jpg

We have had such a great week! We have laughed and laughed until our sides have practically split open. :rotfl2: Spending time together is just so special at this age because we rarely ever get to see each other. Nic goes to college about 3 hours from home and he’ll be leaving soon to go back.:sad1:

Let me know if you have any questions! Glad to hear so many are heading to Chef Art’s soon!

Unfortunately dinner at sci-fi was disappointing and I think I’m officially marking it off our list for good. Poor service and mediocre food when there’s just too many great places to eat in WDW that are so much better.
I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad meal here. We had a very good waiter when we ate there last month and the food was good, but it did take a very long time for the food to arrive.

we’ve ever spent in one park without hopping or taking a break. Needless to say I’m... :faint:
We have trouble finding things to do at HS because the show times never seem to match up with the fastpasses. You must have been really tired of that park after spending two days there.

Toy Story Land is so much more fun and colorful at night. I loved the lights!
I would love to see TSL at night when we are there next month but subset is at 7:24 pm and the park closes at 8 pm, Your pictures make it look really nice at night. The colors looks more brilliant than in the daylight.

We have had such a great week! We have laughed and laughed until our sides have practically split open. :rotfl2: Spending time together is just so special at this age because we rarely ever get to see each other. Nic goes to college about 3 hours from home and he’ll be leaving soon to go back.:sad1:
We took one last family trip when the oldest was a sophomore in college. We felt the same way about grabbing the opportunity to go to Disney together before they go their separate ways. It looks like your sons are having a great time being together, too. :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!