Music played at the entrance???

EricH

Earning My Ears
Greetings!

My family just got home to the SF Bay Area from a wonderful five-day trip to Disneyland (from 8/7 to 8/11).

I hope somebody knows the answer the this. :confused3 As you first step off the buses in the very front area of Disneyland, and walk through security, you hear a wonderful mix of music being played over the loudspeakers. It seems to be a combination of a few different instrumental pieces-and there is one particularly beautiful, slow violin section. Does anyone know what this music is from? The title? The composer? I called the main Disneyland #, and a very nice young lady actually called the Main Street Music Shop for me-but no one had a good answer. She did say that many people ask for the music, and they are considering putting out a CD-but she could not find the name of the track at all. Does ANYONE know what this music is called?

Thanks! pirate:

Eric

Hmmm, I'm not sure about the violin part. I know there are several songs played, here are the ones I can think of (These are the songs played on Main Street in Disneyland)

Fortuosity (from The Happiest Millionaire)
Put on Your Sunday Clothes (from Hello Dolly)
Flitterin' (from Summer Magic)
something from the Music Man

I'm thinking you're meaning the music played in the Esplanade (the area between the two parks). Most of it is music from various attractions in both parks. The only thing I can think of that might fit your descrition is the music from Soarin'.

iceskatejen said:
I'm thinking you're meaning the music played in the Esplanade (the area between the two parks). Most of it is music from various attractions in both parks. The only thing I can think of that might fit your descrition is the music from Soarin'.

The list from my previous post are songs that you hear in Town Square and on Main Street in Disneyland. (I've edited my post to state that).

If you are looking for the music from Soarin', it is on the 50th 2-disc CD set that they sell in the parks.

It is indeed the Esplanade that I am referring to. From the time you walk through the bus pickup/dropoff area through security and then onto the brick/stone walkway towards Downtown Disney that sits between Disneyland and California Adventure-that's the spot where that music is played.

It's funny-when I spoke to the lady at Disneyland via telephone, she knew what I was talking about-but could not get a name for the music. Funnier still (or a sign of some kind), when she put me on hold to call the Main Street Music Shop to inquire as to the name of the track, the hold music was that exact piece! So when she came back, I went "your hold music! That's what I'm talking about!". She couldn't find anyone near her that could name it. I told her that since someone obviously wrote, performed, and recorded the thing-somebody must know what it is called.

I will check out the music from Soarin' to see if it's that. :sunny:

BINGO!!!! :thumbsup2

Thank you to the both of you! I just discovered that it is indeed the music played during Soarin' Over California. I was able to find a Google video of the ride, and the section I heard in the Esplanade is the part the plays near the beginning right after the flyover of the Golden Gate Bridge and continues through the canoe sequence and the ballooning sequence.

Man....I really miss being there at Disneyland. :guilty: We can't wait to go back! :cool1:

Got a link for that google video .. I am going to look, but just in case I don't find it :sunny:

OK - I foud it pretty easy. Just put Soarin' Over California in Google and there is one for DL and WDW. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter