Muster changes

Will be interesting to see how this works once implemented. On paper, it sounds like you have a window within which you must review the information and check in with your station. But I would like to know what happens if someone does NOT check in. Will there be a general announcement with a roll call for those who have yet to check in? Will we not set sail until everyone is done?

As for other lines, if I'm reading the article right it sounds like Norwegian is buying in. If Carnival decides to follow suit then you've got all Big 3 lines buying in, and I'd imagine that the smaller cruise lines will also comply if that happens.

We have only sailed DCL - so I didn’t know that RCCL has their life jackets at the muster stations. It does makes sense though - so people do not have to return to their room first.

Huh. The article implies this has been in the works since before the Plague hit. Sounds good in theory, with no having to wait for slowpokes to stagger from the pool bar.

I asked the question to John Heald to ask if Carnival would jump the bandwagon and he seems to think that although it is the plan (for RCCL), it has not been accepted by the Coast Guards yet?

But that doesn’t mean it won’t be. I love the idea and I hope they will implement that on all cruise lines. I especially like the fact that we could do it as soon as we board.

Last edited:

While I love the idea, those muster's outside suck! I do worry that people who have not cruised before do need that information and it will be harder to enforce if they are relying on people to watch a video... there is a reason they were made mandatory in the first place. I don't honestly think "social distancing" is possible on a cruise ship in any case. Unless they only put half capacity, and even then I'm not sure it's really possible to remain 6 feet and hand wash after touching things at a minimum.

While I love the idea, those muster's outside suck! I do worry that people who have not cruised before do need that information and it will be harder to enforce if they are relying on people to watch a video... there is a reason they were made mandatory in the first place. I don't honestly think "social distancing" is possible on a cruise ship in any case. Unless they only put half capacity, and even then I'm not sure it's really possible to remain 6 feet and hand wash after touching things at a minimum.

Maybe they should quiz people at the end of the video?

RCCL doesn’t do outdoors drills, or at least not out on the Promenade deck like DCL used to do. On RCCL you go to a restaurant or lounge or theater and watch the video there, and staff shows how to put the life jacket on.
Denise

RCCL doesn’t do outdoors drills, or at least not out on the Promenade deck like DCL used to do. On RCCL you go to a restaurant or lounge or theater and watch the video there, and staff shows how to put the life jacket on.
Denise

Must not be on all the ships, we've cruised on RCL three times (twice on Freedom, once on Majesty) and they were outside. We remember watching dolphins by the ship from where we were. Perhaps on the Oasis class they don't? Probably like Carnival, we've cruise on them twice and Carnival Magic was in a theatre while Carnival Liberty was outside.

Denise
Was definitely outside on Indy back in Jan.

Oasis Class is mostly inside. But then again, they have lots of indoor space.

Denise
Incorrect. Ship class dictates whether it is held inside or at the acty’all muster station outdoors. every class I have been on, it’s outside.

On the Oasis class ships its a combination of inside and outside. We have done both. There are several muster stations at the stern of the ship in the big water arena.

Incorrect. Ship class dictates whether it is held inside or at the acty’all muster station outdoors. every class I have been on, it’s outside.
I have been on 15 RCCL cruises and the only “outside” muster I attended was on Symphony where we had it in the aqua theater. All the others were in restaurants or theaters. I never had any where I had to put on my lifejacket and go stand out in the sun on the Promenade deck with all the other passengers squished together like DCL does (or did). Luckily RCCL does not require that!
Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter