MVMCP or not?

kbkids

<font color=cc0066>Loves the World in February<br>
We are going the first week in December. We're Florida residents and we do Disney several times a year, but we've never done the Christmas party. We will be in MK on Thursday the 4th, and I'm trying to decide whether or not to stay and do the party on Friday night (5th). My thought process is this - what do you think? I've got a 5 yr old and a 2 yr old. The 5 yr old can handle staying up later with no problem, the 2 yr old will be fine as long as he can get a good, long nap that afternoon. I thought we'd do MK on Thursday, sleep in late Friday morning, maybe go to Chef Mickey's for a late breakfast or MGM for a couple of hours, and then head back to the hotel to get the kids to take a nap before going to the party that night. Any other suggestions on what we may could do late Friday morning/early afternoon? My main question though is whether the party is honestly worth it. It sounds fun, and my 5 yr old is thrilled about "snow" in Disney World since we never see it in Florida. We always go in slow seasons and are very spoiled with no lines. What do you think the lines will be like on Friday, the 5th?

I say go for it! It's such a fun night with a great Christmas atmosphere!

I've gone with DD's when they were ages 1 and 4, 2 and 5 and we did MNSSHP when they were 3 and 6 and we're doing MVMCP again this December and they'll be 4 and 7. Our DD's enjoyed the parties very much. The younger one was free the first 2 times so it didn't bother me that she didn't make it to the end. Age 1 she didn't make the second parade but age 2 she did make the parade and loved it! A good nap goes a long way!

Go for it!

I loved MVMCP. They have "snow" on main street. When I went there were hardly any lines for attractions. Great parades, fireworks. Im trying to take the boys this year.

We are flying in that week and will definatly be there for MVMCP. Seeing it snow on Main St., having the special photos made, seeing Rudolf fly from the castle, the Victorian carolers and the parade are some of the things we enjoy.
We are a mid 50s couple and we may have to take a nap that afternoon to prep ourselves as well.
See if you can get PS inside the park around closing time. You will exit dinner and already be in the park and ready to go.

Russ and Miss Vivian:Pinkbounc :bounce:

We're going to take our son to Margaritaville on the day that we go to MVMCP, but he loves "Jimmy music". Then it's back to the resort for a quick dip in the pool, a short nap, and on to Ohana's for an early dinner.
Something you might do Friday morning if you've never done it is to resort hop to see all the various Christmas decorations. This is what we're doing on the day we fly out so we're not all hot and sweaty when flying home. This might be a good idea if you've not seen the decorations before, and it will keep the kids relaxed during the day. The only other thing I'd suggest is to go to DTD for shopping, seeing Santa (if they still like to do that, whether they believe or not), getting some Ghiardelli's, etc.
Whatever you decide, you'll have a great time!

Well you might as well have someone in the minority here. We did this in '99 and found it very frustrating. The crowd was so huge it was difficult to get around. I'm only 5'1" so it was difficult for me to see most of the parade and I found the guests to be just down right rude. Don't mean to rain on your parade but it just wasn't our thing. We'll be ther for Haloween this year and it will be an Illuminations cruise instead of MNSSHP for us.

I've been to every special event there is at WDW and this is by far one of the best to do.

Even if you get only 3 to 4 hours out of it's worth it. There are alot of shows to see; so, you rest alot. The park is great to see at night. I love riding the rides at night. There's special fireworks. It's advertised as 360 degrees for the fireworks. It's the best time to see so many characters. The park is loaded with Disney characters. It's especially cool since they are in their Christmas attire.

We go twice when we are there for Christmastime. I do think a nap is in order. Get the children very tired in the morn with whatever you do; so, they will take a long afternoon nap. One way of getting the children tired is to let them walk alot in the morning and not ride in a stroller. Obviously, your two year old may not be walking or doing it with some difficulty. You can walk through a few lobbies of the resorts because the decorations are wonderful. AKL is great because of the animals outside. Swimming is good, too. The big nap is the key with young ones.

Ok I just love MVMCP!!! That is out of the way.:jester: Here is how it was explained to me many many moon ago. LOL They do all the shows and the special parade and fireworks they do Christmas week. They also make it snow on Mainstreet.:o The serve Hot chocolate and cookies. They have holiday music playing. The CM's all have caps and scarvies on. It is very magical to me. The crowds are not usually extremely bad beacuse they do limit how many tickets they sell. I also forgot the group photo you get for free with a form to buy more. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter