MVMCP vs MNSSHP

izzy25

Mouseketeer
What's everyone's favorite holiday party and why. I've done MNSSHP twice and are thinking of pushing our 2021 trip out a week to be able to attend a Christmas Party. (Fingers crossed they have parties next year). I absolutely love the Halloween party but also love Christmas. :-)

I like both parties but love MNSSHP. It’s just more and with trick or treating it just makes it more special. And cost wise MNSSHP is so much more worth it. But I say to try each at least once and then decide. What one person likes best another person may not. Since you’ve been to MNSSHP maybe just this once do MVMCP and then decide for future trips after.

We loved them both, but when I asked my kids which they would rather go to again, they chose MNSSHP. It is definitely a matter of personal preference, but both are great so you really cannot go wrong.

I've done both, and I'd pick MNSSHP. With the Christmas time trip there was Christmas theming every where we turned. We toured gingerbread houses, did the cookie hunt and listened to stories in EPCOT, got great seats to Candlelight Processional, watched the lights at HS, saw all the decorations at AK. The Christmas party was fun, but it was another Christmas thing. For Halloween, there was some merchandise and decorations but the party felt really special. It wasn't something we could get anywhere else or at any other time of year. The atmosphere was unique, the parade amazing and different, and costumes with trick'or'treating for adults were a delight.

I've been to both and MNSSHP is my favorite. Boo to You Parade is worth the price of admission alone, IMO. Snacks can be a hit or miss but mostly a hit.

What's everyone's favorite holiday party and why. I've done MNSSHP twice and are thinking of pushing our 2021 trip out a week to be able to attend a Christmas Party. (Fingers crossed they have parties next year). I absolutely love the Halloween party but also love Christmas. :-)
We’ve done both, and recommend both if never done either, but our favorite hand down is the Halloween party! I’m not even usually a Halloween fan, but to trick or treat at MK is Amazing! We would’ve flown down to do so this year if they were having it! Our favorite part of the Christmas party, however, the Osborne Festival of Lights at HS which I don’t even think they do anymore.

If u have already done MNSSHP then I would def do xmas party to try something new and see for yourself which u prefer.

I LOVE MNSSHP . I like it so much better than Christmas party. Not sure why? I am not really a Halloween person and Christmas is my favorite holiday. I think it must be the atmosphere. It is just SO much fun!

I’ve done MVMCP numerous times and loved it! The decor and parade are over the top. Toy soldiers are my favorite. Hopefully one year I will brave the heat and hurricane season and give MNSSHP a try.

I’ve done MVMCP numerous times and loved it! The decor and parade are over the top. Toy soldiers are my favorite. Hopefully one year I will brave the heat and hurricane season and give MNSSHP a try.
Too bad it couldn't have been this year. Apparently the hurricanes all prefer Louisiana....

We finally tried MVMCP last year and were underwhelmed, possibly it was just too packed to experience properly. Have done MNSSHP a few times and it felt more unique, full of exciting and memorable things the whole evening. If a future trip week aligned, we'd definitely choose to do the Halloween party again. The Christmas party felt mostly like a packed mall on Christmas Eve.

Like many others, we have tried both (multiple times) and we prefer MNSSHP. Something about dressing up and trick or treating just makes it more special to us.

Tough question! I think when it comes down to it, MNSSHP is better. I am a huge Christmas fan and love WDW during that time of year. But for us, MVMCP felt like a lot of $$$ for not a lot of "extras" (cookies + other treats don't really count), compare to the atmosphere, trick or treating, shows, etc of MNSSHP. I feel like I'm rambling :rotfl2:

And this is coming from a gal who LOVES everything Christmas!! Epcot during the holidays is my favorite!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter