My DD is a 1BR snob!

cheyita

<font color=FF99FF>If you believe in the Tag Fairy
The only way we could figure out a trip to WDW before Jan (when our AP expires) is a long weekend in October. Since we will only be there four days, we ended up just booking a studio (to save points, too). DD9 was quite disappointed. She can't imagine staying in anything smaller than a 1BR at Disney. I explained how little we will actually be in the room, so she grudgingly agreed that it didn't make a huge difference.

What have I done??? :confused3

Sounds to me like you raised her right! I wont stay in anything smaller than a 1 bedroom either! :goodvibes

Yeah, I'll admit it that it was really hard to take that step backwards into a studio, but for three nights we can deal with it. After all, I'd gladly take a studio over no Disney!! We'll just leave the other bed open all the time for when we are carrying DD6 back to the room after a long day at MNSSHP or F&W! :teeth:

My DD princess: always felt the same way, but so does her father and they're two peas in a pod.

But we rented a 2bd in February, and now that's all she wants. We're in a 1bd this august and she keeps compaining that she has to sleep "on the couch" instead of in a bed! The sofa does pull out but she just rolls her eyes when I mention that. Daughters :confused3

Of course my DS sleeps on the floor the whole week because he thinks it cool.

Jenny

dianeschlicht said:
Sounds to me like you raised her right! I wont stay in anything smaller than a 1 bedroom either! :goodvibes

Hi,

I agree! ::yes::::yes::Mom & I don't like studio much either!

Ms. Sparrow aka Allison

Along these lines - our family just spent one overnight in a vacation town near home. We stayed in a Comfort Inn. My 6 year old daughter walked in and said "This is it. There's only one bedroom. Where's the door to the other room?" My husband and I could only laugh.

Well, I guess we're "snobs", too. Although, on our last trip, we had to stay offsite (gasp!!! horror!!!) because our trip was paid for...it was a working trip. But, my mom came along and stayed in a BCV studio to help me with my dd...and, compared to offsite...that studio was looking PRETTY GOOD!!! Plus, I was excited to finally see the inside of a BCV room for real...I was a little nervous....I love the resort so much, I didn't want to be disappointed in the room.

Anyway, my DH described the room as "quaint" and "cute"....(i.e. "a room we will NEVER stay in"). I kind of liked it....but, not having a washer and a dryer right at my fingertips really scares me.

Mom only have 50 points, so it is always studios for them. I am a little concerned about her, though. We are "treating" her to a BCV 2-bedroom with us this December....I feel bad...spoiling her...her beloved studios will never be the same again!!!

This is definitely how "add-on-itis" starts!!!

:wave:

Beca

hey I have stayed in studios, 1, and 2 bedroom - no 3 bedrooms yet.

the 1 and 2 bedroom are pretty nice.

but I always ask myself is the 1-bedroom worth twice the points - the answer is generally - NO WAY!!!

so I still love the studios.

I was glad we got to see the inside of a studio in January because we treated our IL's to their studio room. That was when DD formed her opinion "We can NEVER stay in a room like that!!!" Then when I told her we were getting one, she said, "But there is only one bed!" Um, dear, there is only one real bed in a 1BR. Either way we're opening a couch. "Ohhhh...."

And since we'll be there a short time we wouldn't utilize a washer and dryer anyway. Even with the cooking situation, I think we'll be doing most of our eating out (especially with F&W).

Now if I can just convince the rest of my family that there are DVCs besides BCV and OKW that might be worthwhile. They might find out the hard way because so far we are spending our third night at SSR with a wait list for BCV. She's really in for a shock - not just a studio, but a night away from BCV! The horror of it all! :earboy2:

Beca said:
Well, I guess we're "snobs", too. Although, on our last trip, we had to stay offsite (gasp!!! horror!!!) because our trip was paid for...it was a working trip. But, my mom came along and stayed in a BCV studio to help me with my dd...and, compared to offsite...that studio was looking PRETTY GOOD!!! Plus, I was excited to finally see the inside of a BCV room for real...I was a little nervous....I love the resort so much, I didn't want to be disappointed in the room.

Anyway, my DH described the room as "quaint" and "cute"....(i.e. "a room we will NEVER stay in"). I kind of liked it....but, not having a washer and a dryer right at my fingertips really scares me.

Mom only have 50 points, so it is always studios for them. I am a little concerned about her, though. We are "treating" her to a BCV 2-bedroom with us this December....I feel bad...spoiling her...her beloved studios will never be the same again!!!

This is definitely how "add-on-itis" starts!!!

:wave:

Beca

We have only ever stayed in a studio (but will have a 1 bedroom at christmas because traveling with a 7 week old and I wanted a seperate room so the boys will sleep when the baby is up feeding at night, etc) at OKW, but I will say that the laundry thing didnt bother me in the least. We simply took it with us when we swam and never had a problem. A load here and there and I took home minimal dirty clothes.

I know the one bedroom will spoil us - but I also know that I am already DVC spoiled because we have since stayed at both Coronado Springs and Port Orleans FQ and while I LOVED both resorts and the rooms, I missed the DVC extras!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I totally agree with everyone. My girls 4 and 6 are spoiled too!

Our family went on a weekend retreat with our church in the Catskills (NY) over Memorial Weekend. It was actualy in a pretty decent place with motel-like rooms with linens and towels provided. There was even a TV and telephone in the room and a walk-in closet that was huge.

I remember when we use to go on church retreats when I was a youngster and teenager, it was like summer camp with multiple bunkbeds in multiple cabins and communal bathrooms and you had to bring sleeping beds and everything else.

We walk into the room and the girls look around and ask where's our kitchen? They open the closet door thinking it was the living room, do a 360 turn around the room and say that's it? :rotfl:

Kids!!!

I remember when my DD, then 8, walked into our hotel room somewhere and said "WHAT, NO ROOM SERVICE"

I realized then that whe might be a tad spoiled.

And now that she is 24 tomorrow, I'd say...yep, a tad spoiled!

However, she wnet on a round the world trip on her own after graduation, and learned firsthand how the other 2/3 s live...Good for her soul.

She didn't complain at 3 of us in a studio BWV for Mother's Day. Of course, she didn't rave either and left early after a major tantrum.

SIGH.

Do you think it is becasue we took her to visit the Mouse every year of her life until she was 18? (Of course, from 15-18 it was cause she was a Pom and they had their Nationals at Disney (And yes, First Place for all 3 years!!!)

That is funny our kids could care less where we stay as long as we go. They would be fine sleeping in the van in a parkinglot somplace just to get there and see Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter