My Design of the Day (Hook)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravelinGal

DIS Veteran
Something for Hook fans - and those guys who say all our shirts are too girly... :rotfl:

I found this image, "Prepare to Meet thy Doom" by Mike Kupka, and I thought it was pretty cool! added a mat around it and some text...

Hooked.jpg

Very cool.

Plus, may I add how cool the new little slide show in your signature is! :thumbsup2

How did you do it?

You're amazing. :cheer2:

stenogoddess said:
Very cool.

Plus, may I add how cool the new little slide show in your signature is! :thumbsup2

How did you do it?

You're amazing. :cheer2:

Thanks - I used Jasc Animation Shop (now a Correl product). I've done bunches of slide shows for different siggys etc - only problem is it has to be saved as a gif file and it always gets pixelized
Sigh.gif
- still have to figure out how to get a better quality image there.
Dunno.gif

Cool love the hook one! And I want my signature to have a little design thingy like that hehe *pout* sob whine !!! LOL

we used to have an animated gif in our signatures for the DDA and we had to take it down b/c it was too big

the total file size of all images in your signature can not exceed 50000 bytes - the slideshow in your signature is 475000 bytes

I imagine they will soon take it out of your signature for you like they did to the rest of us

they have the limit on the signatures b/c having them stored takes up room on the server and they seemed to crack down on signatures when all the server problems started! We were all really bummed = b/c they are pretty cool!!!

How very kind of you to stop by and compliment my work. Oh wait...you didn't.

Comments like this could have been better left to a PM, not posted on one of my designs.

I'm starting to get the feeling you don't like me.

julia & nicks mom said:
we used to have an animated gif in our signatures for the DDA and we had to take it down b/c it was too big

the total file size of all images in your signature can not exceed 50000 bytes - the slideshow in your signature is 475000 bytes

I imagine they will soon take it out of your signature for you like they did to the rest of us

they have the limit on the signatures b/c having them stored takes up room on the server and they seemed to crack down on signatures when all the server problems started! We were all really bummed = b/c they are pretty cool!!!

I agree. I thought this board was a friendly place and now I'm getting the feeling that if you aren't part of the "clique" you aren't welcome.

How very kind of you to stop by and compliment my work. Oh wait...you didn't.

Comments like this could have been better left to a PM, not posted on one of my designs.

I'm starting to get the feeling you don't like me.

I guess I am a little confused -

2 people asked about the slideshow and I thought I would let you all know that while they are very cool - the DIS will shut your signature down - I was answering the question for everyone who asked on this thread - I am sorry I was trying to be helpful - I don't see where you would get the idea from this that I don't like you? :confused3

Robnkris - I have NO idea why you would say that either - aside from where you asked if I had a problem with you creating my designs from other - I don't even really know who you are

You specifically asked how I felt about it - I posted to you a post I put on the board about a month ago b/c you said that if I felt that way - I should make it known

I have not hid how I feel about this on the board and my response was not specific to you - I have said it before and our moderator actually set forth a policy on how we were to credit original designers every time we post their designs

There is no clique - everyone is welcome - in fact just last week - I posted encouraging lurkers to jump in b/c we really love to get to know everyone - I have never really heard of an exclusive clique that is 50 people strong

julia & nicks mom said:
2 people asked about the slideshow and I thought I would let you all know that while they are very cool - the DIS will shut your signature down - I was answering the question for everyone who asked on this thread - I am sorry I was trying to be helpful - I don't see where you would get the idea from this that I don't like you? :confused3

I'm sorry I misinterpreted your comment. It just seemed a little odd that the only time (that I can recall) you've posted on a design thread of mine was not to comment on the design but to tell me the rules about signature size. You got me curious last night and I found a bunch of other people who are way over on size too... so, why are their siggys OK but mine wasn't? ("wasn't" because I already edited it to make it fit. I'm not about breaking rules.)

I actually hardly ever comment on other designs for a very simple reason:

if I ever miss a design and don't comment on it then I am afraid I might hurt someone's feelings - so it is easier not to

I look at every design so that I know who has done what and I can help people find designs but unless someone asks a specific question about their design - I try not to comment on them -

I do make an effort to try and answer every question asked though

Enough.This isn't a debate or gripe board.If y'all want to comment on this anymore PLEASE do so in PMs!

This thread is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter