My Disney Experience linking to DVC

And to top it off, the OTP the CM gave me didn't work, so I accomplished nothing. She had to "escalate" the issue and told me it would be 3-5 day before I heard back from someone.

I expressed in clear terms that I didn't blame the CS for the issues, but I made it equally clear that it is patently ridiculous that a company like Disney, after having laid out a billion dollars behind this "NextGen" technology, cannot even build a fricking web site that works using common-sense login info.

And seriously - 3-5 days to fix an account linking issue?

Not sure why they have such issues but about 1.5 years ago I wanted to transfer 130 points from 1 contract to another (different UY) and book 4 nights THV 12/26 for 4 nights then use BLT points for 6 nights GV BLT. Once they transferred the points for me all heck broke loose. The transferred SSR were not showing so I could not book the THV's and my BLT points increased by more then 800 points after the GV was booked:eek: They had to put both reservations on hold (assured me I would get what I needed) but it took 6 weeks to fix - how can anything like that take 6 weeks! I would get so excited when I would log on and see I have 1154 BLT points! Its crazy.

Sometimes you have to scroll through the acceptance text and check a box at the end of the text.

dbs1228 said:
Not sure why they have such issues but about 1.5 years ago I wanted to transfer 130 points from 1 contract to another (different UY) and book 4 nights THV 12/26 for 4 nights then use BLT points for 6 nights GV BLT. Once they transferred the points for me all heck broke loose. The transferred SSR were not showing so I could not book the THV's and my BLT points increased by more then 800 points after the GV was booked They had to put both reservations on hold (assured me I would get what I needed) but it took 6 weeks to fix - how can anything like that take 6 weeks! I would get so excited when I would log on and see I have 1154 BLT points! Its crazy.

When you transfer your own points, you can't use them to book on line. You have to go through MS. Transferred points don't show up. Even if they are the same resort.

I guess they still don't have the bugs worked out.

I went online today to see a reservation I made last December for this coming November. Through the DVC member website, I see the reservations and "Travel Plan" numbers, details, etc. with no problem. There is also a link to MDE right there on the reservation. I hadn't seen it before, so I click on it, and as a previous poster pointed out; I was prompted to link my existing reservation. Of course, that failed to find the reservation, offering a phone number to call. I may call that number on Wednesday.

I needed to call Member Services today to make a change to the reservation anyway, so I thought I would ask. There is a lengthy message when calling MS about the reservation system being down tomorrow, for both on the phone and online reservations. When I explained my issue with the MDE, the cast member would not divulge the nature of the computer system updating tomorrow, but suggested that the change may resolve my issue and rather than spend time on the phone, I should try again to view the MDE reservation on Wednesday. So my fingers are crossed.

I fully expect that I will be calling back to link the reservation. I don't think that Disney communicates system upgrades to their cast members at all levels, nor do they communicate these things to DVC members, like myself.
Additionally, I have no confidence that this upgrade will smoothly integrate DVC into MDE, but I'm a sucker for Pixie Dust, Mickey Magic and otherwise blind optimism; past experience be damned.

MDE looks appealing. I hope it works out that way after all this effort.

My email that is (was) listed under my DVC profile was not the same one I used for my Disney account (MDE), so I went to my DVC account and logged in and changed my email to the same email (also made sure my phone number was the same). I turned my phone off and on and everything worked perfectly. Once the 2 accounts had the same email listed, both worked together. I've not had any issues since I did this.

Sigh. I too have spent many of my $'s and minutes with Disney's help desk per linking the DVC reservations. I can see them on the DVC site, they can see them at their end, but after 70 minutes last week I just gave up. I tried again today, none of the three reservations I have on the DVC site will show up. I too believe that the MDE site and app are the new future, obviously still many problems (but when have Disney's computer systems really WORKED?!) I will get my strength up and call during the day next week, hoping to get someone who can straighten this out (hoping the person I talked to at night- for so long was "new"). Just call me another believer in "pixie dust".:)

n2mm said:
My email that is (was) listed under my DVC profile was not the same one I used for my Disney account (MDE), so I went to my DVC account and logged in and changed my email to the same email (also made sure my phone number was the same). I turned my phone off and on and everything worked perfectly. Once the 2 accounts had the same email listed, both worked together. I've not had any issues since I did this.

Okay! So my dvc and dme have the same eail address yet not o nly are they not linked but everytime I log into dme it asks me if I want to link my dining ressies again! And again! Argh. What should I do?

Just wondering if any of you have checked your information on the app for Disney experience. That works great and is useful in the parks.

The problem I'm having linking these 2 is they told me you need to have the same user name on both sites well.... my email is my DVC user name and I have a different user name on disney.com/mydisneyexperience. I emailed disney.com to see how to change my user name and they said you can't change a user name. So I guess I'm out of luck.

Update: I just checked and my DVC is listed. Now I need to wait until I can add my AP because we upgraded to the new plastic card and they can't add those yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter