My DVC rep heard the same rumer

Tigger1

DIS Veteran
My Rep mentioned that there would be another DVC after Sara that everyone would be wanting reservations for ( like AKV currently), and at that time then AKV would be easier to reserve. He mentioned also that I might want to buy at Saratoga Springs for lesser dues.

I told him that I heard a rumor that the Contempory would be the next DVC after AKV, He said he heard the same rumor.

Tigger

I spent half of yesterday with a CM that has been full-time at WDW for 24 years and he/she said that the construction around the CR will be for a new DVC resort. I didn't bring it up nor comment on it, but it he/she said it like it was a done deal.

More grist for the rumor mill, sorry about that. :rolleyes1

I spent half of yesterday with a CM that has been full-time at WDW for 24 years and he/she said that the construction around the CR will be for a new DVC resort. I didn't bring it up nor comment on it, but it he/she said it like it was a done deal.

More grist for the rumor mill, sorry about that. :rolleyes1

I have a friend who works for a carpet company who knows a friend who works for a cup company that supplies disney. He swears its a DVC. Folks, CM's have no clue, no matter how many years they worked for Disney.

My Rep mentioned that there would be another DVC after Sara that everyone would be wanting reservations for ( like AKV currently), and at that time then AKV would be easier to reserve. He mentioned also that I might want to buy at Saratoga Springs for lesser dues.

I told him that I heard a rumor that the Contempory would be the next DVC after AKV, He said he heard the same rumor.

Tigger

even if the CR is the resort in question. the building won't be ready until late 2009 or early 2010. So unless they are planning to do the same as AKV - put some DVC in the current CR tower, how can it take away from the guest wanting reservation at AKV.

oh won't that be wonderful!!!!:love: :cloud9: party: :rainbow: :jumping1: :jumping2: :bounce: :sunny: :worship:

Well, we were there in April and took the boat from the WL to the CR one day. Based on what we saw, they have knocked down literally the whole garden wing on the left side of the building (if you are looking at the front of the CR). They are telling the CMs it is for refurbishment...hello...like 5 acres of land for refurbishment??????? If I had to guess, I'd guess it's going to be a DVC eventually, especially given their penchant lately for adding them on to existing hotels to share some services.

I have a friend who works for a carpet company who knows a friend who works for a cup company that supplies disney. He swears its a DVC. Folks, CM's have no clue, no matter how many years they worked for Disney.

Is he the one that walks our postman's neighbor's dog...................:rolleyes1

I have a friend who works for a carpet company who knows a friend who works for a cup company that supplies disney. He swears its a DVC.

Nooooo Waaaayyyyy, I know that guy, too . . . small world!!:laughing:

Hah, he didn't mention a word to me;)

even if the CR is the resort in question. the building won't be ready until late 2009 or early 2010. So unless they are planning to do the same as AKV - put some DVC in the current CR tower, how can it take away from the guest wanting reservation at AKV.

oh won't that be wonderful!!!!:love: :cloud9: party: :rainbow: :jumping1: :jumping2: :bounce: :sunny: :worship:

couldn't have said it better:banana: :dance3:

To all the naysayers where's the pixie dust?;) CRV 'can't get no respect' in these parts.

I think my rep meant when SAra sold out and AKV was fully done, then guest would be trying to get reservations ASAP at crv and others would be able to more easily get ressies at AKV. I asked him how many Conciere (SP??) roos there would be but he was not sure.

For those interested in buying at CRV (if said rumor becomes a reality) ...what is the big sell for you? I know you can walk to MK and would be on the monorail...is there something else you'd like about it? Just curious.:goodvibes

For those interested in buying at CRV (if said rumor becomes a reality) ...what is the big sell for you? I know you can walk to MK and would be on the monorail...is there something else you'd like about it? Just curious.:goodvibes

I think for some the views of the MK and Bay Lake, and the food choices.

My brothers mother-in-laws, fathers, collage roommates second aunt who once worked near WDW heard the same thing from her father-in-law who works at WDW... :rolleyes1 I will believe it when it is announced but I too wonder about the current construction taking place at the site..smjj:banana: :banana:

My DH loves The Contemporary and I love points. It's a win/win for us.:rotfl:

For me it's location, location, location. I am a walker and when I can walk to and from my favorite park, that is the biggest seller for me. DH loves WL so is always happy to stay there. I try to accommodate him once or twice a year. Other than that we love BWV too because of it's location....go figure! I'm not quite $$ ready for them to announce CRV, but hopefully will be when it happens!

For me it's location, location, location. I am a walker and when I can walk to and from my favorite park, that is the biggest seller for me. DH loves WL so is always happy to stay there. I try to accommodate him once or twice a year. Other than that we love BWV too because of it's location....go figure! I'm not quite $$ ready for them to announce CRV, but hopefully will be when it happens!
:) it was DHs turn to pick a toy this year (harley); must admit that I do hope they wait until next year to begin sales.;)

OT - remember reading a post awhile back re AK & this scenario; can't find it now -- has it been established whether you can finance 3 sep. contracts of 50 pts each @ same resort in order to get whatever premium they may offer & use DVC financing?

okay I know for a fact that Disney is telling its supplier that this is a Contemporary suites....

if in reality it was Contemporary Suites - Disney would have announced it by this time. of course I like the name Magic Kingdom Suites better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter