My Feet Are Gonna Pizza Flop-Off - 6 Days in 4 Parks! February 2024 TR **NEW** 4/10 x2

Day 2 Continued: Sunday February 11th

After lunch, we went back to the Ghost Town area to go ride the Silver Bullet rollercoaster.

IMG_6756 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

DS didn’t want to ride, so we found a picnic table nearby for him to wait, and DH, DD and I went to get in line. However, we messed up a little and didn’t pay attention to the height requirement and missed that this one was 54”. Luckily, we didn’t wait long before we got to the measuring spot and found out DD wasn’t tall enough. I told DH to still ride and took DD off to go back and wait with DS for him to finish.

We were right there by Fiesta Village, home of a more tame rollercoaster called The Jauguar, and it didn’t have a long wait so we hopped in line there.

IMG_6764 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4516 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4517 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

There was a swing ride called Los Voladores in that area that we spotted as we walked off of the Jaguar, and DS wanted to ride. He and DD went to get in line by themselves while DH and I waited to the side to watch them go. However, once it was their turn, DD chickened out (after all those rollercoasters she had done!!) and came straight to the exit to wait with us while DS rode by himself.

IMG_6766 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6771 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

While we were waiting for DS to come off, I was looking around at all of the cute details in this area of the park. They had some of those multicolored Mexican flags (which I just googled and found out are called papel picado) and they had Charlie Brown characters on them!

IMG_4519 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4520 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

What a cute detail to go with the theme of the area!

IMG_4521 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4530 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

One of the other big rollercoasters DH wanted to do was Xcelerator. The height was 52” so DD was just there, but she was a little intimidated by this one. DS was still not a fan of the big rides after Hangtime. So DH decided to go on this one solo too. I could probably have ridden alone after, but it took him about 20 minutes or so to get through and it wasn’t that important to me to spend another 20 minutes of them waiting for me to ride.

IMG_4532 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6774 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

While we waited, we spotted some huge Pokemon stuffies in the Boardwalk game area that DS was pining over, and DD did some cartwheels.

IMG_4531 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4541 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

With most of the headliners under our belt, we had done pretty much everything we had set out to do for the day, but it was still early afternoon. So we changed tacks and decided to hit some of the smaller attractions. There was a shooter game ride similar to Buzz Lightyear we had passed a couple of times so we decided to go to that next. It was called Knott’s Bear-y Tales: Return to the Fair. And we ended up waiting waaaayyy too long for it!

IMG_6776 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_0605 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6777 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6778 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4544 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6779 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

The shooter game was digital and 3-D like Toy Story Mania, but the graphics were not nearly as good. And it was tough to shoot because it was also a pull-string shooter like TSM, but you had to hold the gun up to aim, so it made both arms pretty tired from holding and pulling!

After such a long wait, we wanted to use our meal deal to get a snack to hold us over until dinner. Strictly on a Stick was a stand selling corndogs and the like, and it had one of the Peanuts snacks we wanted to try, the Linus Macaroni & Cheese Bites with fries & a spicy aioli. We got the mac and cheese bites with some corn dog nuggets and a corndog to split.

IMG_4548 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

The last thing we had wanted to ride was the Calico Mine Train, which had a 30 minute wait.

IMG_6780 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6782 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Even though it was a 30 min wait, the queue had some really pretty views.

IMG_6785 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4552 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_0608 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4558 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4559 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Last edited:
Day 2 Continued: Sunday February 11th

I thought this was going to be another easy rollercoaster, but I was so wrong. I realized this as soon as it was our turn to board and it was a couple of bench seats on either side of an actual train car with no restraints similar to the Jungle Cruise. Lol It was actually a dark ride, which was fun but had an impressive number of animatronics!

IMG_0612 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6790 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6791 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6796 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6801 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6806 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

And also like the Jungle Cruise, it featured a view of the 8th Wonder of the World.

IMG_6816 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6818 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6819 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

By this point of the day, we were kind of at a loss for what else to do. Any of the rides we’d want to do again, particularly the Ghost Rider, had over an hour wait. But we wanted to at least stay through dinner to make sure we got our money’s worth on the meal deal and not have to purchase dinner somewhere else on the way home. So we meandered around, peeking in and out of the shops.

IMG_6823 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We spotted Franklin waving at us from a window.

IMG_4569 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We went to check out the pigs in Pig-Pen’s Pig Pen. They were so adorable!! Pig-Pen was also available in there to meet, but the kids were being sticks in the mud and didn’t want to meet any characters there.

IMG_4571 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4572 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4574 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

DS decided to spend a little of his souvenir money on a Woodstock.

IMG_4577 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We walked past Hangtime just to make sure the posted wait was accurate, and it definitely was. I think it was about 45 min, so we decided once had to be enough.

IMG_6824 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

There were some cute photo ops near Camp Snoopy that we stopped to see.

IMG_6835 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4579 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4581 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We decided to make our last stop Sutter’s Grill for a dinner of burgers and chicken tenders.

IMG_4582 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4583 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

As we were ready to leave for the evening, we made our way back through Ghost Town.

IMG_6827 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6828 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6829 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

When we exited the park, we spotted a Peanuts store across the street, and DD still wanted to see if she could find something to bring home. She didn’t end up finding anything, so I had to convince her there was nothing wrong with saving her money for Universal and Disneyland!

IMG_6836 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6837 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4585 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4589 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4595 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

I love Linus, he is my favorite Peanuts character! Maybe I felt drawn to him as a kid because I was also a hopeless thumb-sucker. Lol I even had a cat I named Linus!

We got back to the Worldmark Anaheim around 6 pm.

IMG_4596 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Even though it was early, we were all pretty tired from such a long day with an early start time, so we didn’t waste any time getting ready for bed. The kids went to sleep early, but DH and I stayed up to watch the end of the Superbowl and watched most of the first episode of Tracker before we gave up and went to sleep ourselves. And it wasn’t a bad idea to get plenty of rest because we had an EARLY morning coming up!

What a fun day! I can't believe the kids didn't want to meet any Peanuts characters! Like you, Linus was always my favorite, though I was a finger sucker instead of my thumb! LOL

I definitely think it would be fun to add Knotts Berry Farm onto my yet to be planned, only in my head for now, trip to California! :) Looking forward to all the fun still to come!

Knotts is such a pretty park! I was there in September checking out their Halloween event. We were so tired from HHN and I’ve been dealing with foot issues so it was a bit of a rough day. It was busy in the park so we only ended up doing Ghost Rider and the Calico Mine Train Ride before the event started. The mine train ride was really cool and long though! Definitely surprised me coming from Universal and Disney! I never expect as much from some of the other parks but they always surprise me. We were able to hop on the Beary Tales ride too during the event and remember what you described too. It was cool though for what it was. My one friend doesn’t ride coasters so we tried not to do too much to exclude him.

Can’t wait to hear more!

What a fun day! I can't believe the kids didn't want to meet any Peanuts characters! Like you, Linus was always my favorite, though I was a finger sucker instead of my thumb! LOL

I definitely think it would be fun to add Knotts Berry Farm onto my yet to be planned, only in my head for now, trip to California! :) Looking forward to all the fun still to come!
It made me a little sad this trip that they were not as interested in the characters. :sad: I know as they get older our trips will change, but I still wasn't ready! They were definitely more about the rides! Which is fun, but just different.

Knott's was a great day trip, for sure, and it's close to Disneyland! Lots of thrills for the thrill seekers, nicely themed areas, and not crazy expensive. We were glad we decided to add it to this trip.
Knotts is such a pretty park! I was there in September checking out their Halloween event. We were so tired from HHN and I’ve been dealing with foot issues so it was a bit of a rough day. It was busy in the park so we only ended up doing Ghost Rider and the Calico Mine Train Ride before the event started. The mine train ride was really cool and long though! Definitely surprised me coming from Universal and Disney! I never expect as much from some of the other parks but they always surprise me. We were able to hop on the Beary Tales ride too during the event and remember what you described too. It was cool though for what it was. My one friend doesn’t ride coasters so we tried not to do too much to exclude him.

Can’t wait to hear more!
I feel like one of these days, DH is going to want to plan a Halloween trip to do all the California Halloween events! He loves that kind of stuff. It surprised me how much we enjoyed Knott's, I was worried we'd be too "Disney snobbish" to give it a chance. :laughing: I mean, not really, but it is hard to give up a whole day and that much money on a different place when we weren't totally sure we'd enjoy it vs just adding another Disney day, which we definitely know we'd enjoy!

Day 3: Monday February 12th

This morning started SUPER early!! We were up at 5:30 am (!!) to make sure we made it to Universal Hollywood in plenty of time for our early entry admission. We had debated this back and forth when purchasing our tickets because we knew we’d need to leave very early to get all the way there from Anaheim and knowing how brutal traffic can be. It was a bit nerve-wracking to pay extra for that early entry not knowing if something would happen that would keep us from making it in time. So we planned to leave as early as possible and just prayed it would all work out for the best.

DD was excited to go full Harry Potter, including these really cute ponytail holders my FIL got her.

IMG_4597 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We brought breakfast in the car and hit the road just before 6 am. Thankfully traffic was no problem and we made it there in an hour and 5 minutes! The kids were excited to get their first glimpse of the Hollywood sign.

IMG_4598 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We made it to the parking garage and were in a spot at 7:10! We had plenty of time to park and walk through CityWalk to get to the gates way before the 8 am early entry opening.

IMG_0618 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_0621 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_0623 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_0627 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

The kids wanted to take photos with the globe, of course!

IMG_0631 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4607 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4609 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

When we were let in through the main gates, we were also given our Express Pass as we entered. Then we had to get through a second checkpoint where they scanned our Early Entry and let us further into the park.

IMG_0639 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Because Universal Hollywood is built into the side of a mountain, we had quite a ways to get down to where Super Nintendo World is located. There were TMs leading the way and keeping everyone at the same pace down the very long escalators. Even people who opted for the regular stairs, possibly thinking it would be faster, were stopped at the bottom by a TM until the groups on the escalators made it to the bottom too. But for this family from the flat lands of Louisiana, it was pretty incredible to see these views from the top of a mountain while in a theme park!

IMG_0646 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4610 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_0648 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

After what felt like forever getting down those escalators, and seeing SNW off in the distance getting closer and closer, we were finally walking in!!

IMG_0656 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_0657 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4614 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4615 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4616 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4617 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

The theming in this land is just incredible!! Like you walked right into a Nintendo game! There are all the games around the land, and people say if you want to do those, it’s a good use of that early entry period. However, we were not focused on any of that, we just wanted to ride Mario Kart: Bowser’s Challenge! We immediately hopped in line.

IMG_4618 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4619 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4623 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4630 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We loved our first ride on it, but it had a bit of a learning curve involved too! Like I didn’t realize until close to the end of the ride that when you’re shooting one of your shells, it goes in the direction that you’re actually looking with your goggles. So what else could we do once we finished, but hop right back in line?!

IMG_4633 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_0661 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_0662 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_0666 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_0669 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_0671 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4634 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4635 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4641 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Day 3 Continued: Monday February 12th

When we came off the ride this time, there was a 20 minute wait posted and about 8:40 by that time, so we still had 20 minutes before regular park opening as well. Lots of people had moved on to the mini-games around the land. The kids were kind of meh on a 3rd ride, but like DH and I said, it was why we had bought the early entry and there was not much else we wanted to do with that time, and we likely wouldn’t be able to come back and ride it later in the day either. One more ride, it is!

IMG_4643 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_0684 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_0698 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_0739 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_0750 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_0761 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_0764 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_0768 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_0771 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_0776 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_0778 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_0782 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

After all that Mario Kart fun, we were ready to move on. DD wanted to look around the shop, and was really interested in the Princess Peach headband with the earrings attached.

IMG_4645 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Mario & Luigi were out, and the line wasn’t super long but the kids were not interested in waiting to meet them.

IMG_0803 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_0807 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4646 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_0809 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

It was time to say goodbye to Super Nintendo World, but we definitely felt like we got our money’s worth on purchasing the Early Entry! We had waffled on it over and over because we knew we’d have to leave so early to get there, but it ended up being a great choice. We had hoped to get on Mario Kart at least once, so 3 times in a row was even more than we could have imagined!

IMG_0810 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

DD was excited to get to ride some of the things that she hasn’t been able to ride at Universal Orlando because she was too short on our last trip there. One of those rides was The Mummy, so we headed there next.

IMG_0811 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_0812 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_0814 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_0818 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

I wasn’t expecting it to be so different from its Orlando counterpart, but it was still fun! There was no Brendan Fraser or movie set storyline which meant there was no iconic line at the end ("I would have enjoyed this interview a lot more if I had GOTTEN MY CUP OF COFFEE!"). DD absolutely LOVED it!! We had our Express Pass, but it was still a walk on, so we went through the line again.

Transformers also had no wait, so we held on to our Express for now and went to ride that next. We also passed Megatron that was out meeting guests.

IMG_4651 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We skipped the Jurassic World ride because we didn’t want to get wet with how cold it was that morning.

IMG_4652 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4653 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We decided the best plan of action would be to head all the way back up the escalators and work our way down using our Express Passes to get a ride on everything. When we got all the way up, we stopped to enjoy the view for a moment since we had to hurry past it before early entry time.

IMG_6839 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4655 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Looking down at SNW.

IMG_4656 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

The World Famous Studio Tour was something DH and I knew we wanted to do. It is an hour long attraction, so we decided to go ahead and do that first. We walked through Springfield, but no one was interested in riding this one. I was not interested in potentially ruining my day with motion sickness that I always seem to get from this ride, and everyone else didn’t mind missing it,

IMG_6840 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6842 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6843 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6844 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

It made me a little sad this trip that they were not as interested in the characters. :sad: I know as they get older our trips will change, but I still wasn't ready! They were definitely more about the rides! Which is fun, but just different.

Knott's was a great day trip, for sure, and it's close to Disneyland! Lots of thrills for the thrill seekers, nicely themed areas, and not crazy expensive. We were glad we decided to add it to this trip.

I feel like one of these days, DH is going to want to plan a Halloween trip to do all the California Halloween events! He loves that kind of stuff. It surprised me how much we enjoyed Knott's, I was worried we'd be too "Disney snobbish" to give it a chance. :laughing: I mean, not really, but it is hard to give up a whole day and that much money on a different place when we weren't totally sure we'd enjoy it vs just adding another Disney day, which we definitely know we'd enjoy!
Hopefully they’ll get back into characters again at some point!

The Halloween stuff in California is so good! I’ve only tapped into Knotts and HHN but they’re both so fun. There’s a lot out there, just hard to fit it all in! I am the same way though. I was very adverse to doing Knotts since I had my tried and true Universal and Disney. My friends really wanted to do Knotts though and while I probably won’t go again on my own, if either of them wanted to go again, I definitely would!

I love the Starway escalators!! The views are unmatched and just breathtaking!! Mario Kart is such a fun ride too! I really want to meet Toad but the lines have always been nuts.

Their Mummy is so cool! I think since I’ve ridden Florida’s so many times, I kind of prefer California’s. Their animatronics are just so cool! Though the ending leaves a little to be desired…

Excited to see if you check out one of my favorites or not :)

Wow, wow, wow! SNW looks amazing!!! Your pictures make me want to plan a trip there! I grew up playing Mario on the original Nintendo. So great that you got to experience it first thing in morning with lower crowds. I don't know much about Universal in LA so looking forward to reading more!

53577445885_fdc967ee5e_c.jpg
Wowza!! I guess I had never thought about it or realized that this would be your view from Universal!! Incredible!

Super Nintendo World looked pretty amazing, and how incredible to get three rides in right away. Definitely worth the early entry fee from the sound of it.

We've been to Universal Orlando several times now, but have zero knowledge of their other parks. I'm excited to read about the Studio tour and the rest of your day in the park!

I came over here for another report and I’m glad I found yours!

Your trip is off to a great start. Knott’s Berry Farm looks like lots of fun and early entry worked very well for you at Universal Hollywood. Three times on Bowser’s Challenge sounds amazing! My daughter and I watch that ride frequently on YouTube.

Excited to read another one of your TR's! I love DL and would love to go back sooner rather than later. I need to start working on my DH! Adorable picture of your kids on their first DL visit.

Caught up! Your kids seem like such good travelers and good sports about the early mornings. Getting there at the crack of dawn and having the early entry passes sounds like it was well worth it! Wonder if your DD will still be "into" the Disney characters?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter