My first pre-trip report!!! Yay!!!

bobbie68

DIS Veteran
Hello :love1:

I have never done a pre-trip report so I am really excited to share!! The Dis rocks and I can share my obsession here. I think my family is ready to gag me because I won't stop talking about the trip. Don't get me wrong they are super excited but not as overboard as me:-)

Introductions: DH, DD (15) DD's bofriend (15) and myself. This will be our 3rd trip to UO. The last one was in 2016 with the same group. We will be staying at CBBR most of the week but will probably go over to RPR one night for the EP. We are planning 2 1/2 days at US and IOA and 2 1/2 days at VB. We will have 2 days resort time. We will be down there between 7/27 and 8/4.

For our first day there will be going to VB couldn't wait and resist. Now background on us. We are a huge water park family. We know every in and out of our local parks and can do it blindfolded. However, with a new park and in the summer I just am worried about being able to navigate and see what I want. SO I spent DH's money fairly well:rolleyes1. (He is really good about it and doesn't mind because we always have a great time). Anyway 1 of the VB days I will have the rented lounge chairs in the wave area. I am so excited:yay:. I called to book this and was asking about the sections the representative told me that there is a private water fall in this area. I am assuming it is for the chairs and the cabana rentals. It sounds so amazing. On our 2nd VB day I rented a family cabana. I never have done this anywhere but we are planning opening to closing and want to be comfortable. The cabana comes with drinks, snacks and fruit. It is vacation and I want to enjoy it. I do what we want to do and if I can get a good deal that is even better. The first day we have the lounge chairs I did get the unlimited EP. I am worried about this virtual system running out of time slots. It seems to be happening at JF. I just want the family to enjoy. On the second day however, I did not do the EP with the cabana. I figured it would be more relaxing and go with the flow. The other half day will be a few hours in the morning for slides then leave. I will wing this day. After being there two days I will now some ins and outs.

Now onto US and IOA:). I went back and forth with doing the VIP tour not the private one. It was so hard weighing out the pros and cons to the cost since we will be there the amount of time we are. I was reading the reviews and it really does sound good. I am excited to hear little things about the park, attraction tours and of course the front of the line. I know the two teens will love that. I splurged for the non-private one for both parks. I will then have the other 1 1/2 days with the EP for staying at RPR. We have gone this time last trip and it was busy. We will do just about all the rides in both parks except me and DD won't do Simpsons. Last time I got so nauseated. I will review all of the add-ons we did. I know I love to hear reviews and reports it helps so much in decisions.

Last but not least 2 resort days at CBBR. We just love this resort. We stayed 2 days last trip and had a blast. There is everything to do and the atmosphere was awesome. We will be in a pool side tower suite. I went with this because we need a little space from the teens after a week. Last time I did the standard room and was a little tight. I like the little amenities with it. The bathroom layout looks awesome!

My other favorite part the food:tongue:... We have eaten at different places in the park but not as much at City Walk. We have eaten at Bubba Gump and Margaritaville. We will try Toothsome for food and shakes. (My family loves shakes:love:). I would love any dining suggestions in and out of the parks:thanks:

Thanks for listening and not judging my obsession:dogdance::)

Sounds like a fun trip!

HRC does amazing shakes.........

Have a check of damo' food sticky if you haven't already.......it lists every restaurant in the resorts, parks and Citywalk.......all with menus.

I agree with you - vacations are made for splurging. :) Sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned! (I don't plan to ever ride the Simpsons ride again either.) Have fun with your planning!

We like finnegans in US. It's a lot of fun and has a full bar. Your right in the middle of the action but don't feel like it, kind of a nice break from the action. My kids love Cowfsh too.

Really looking forward to the VB part of your trip report! I'm so in love with the theming I've seen so far. We're going to UO for the first time in early June and my party isn't at all interested in hitting the waterpark even though we have the 3-Park tickets. :charac2:So I'll just live vicariously through your TR!

Hi
Really looking forward to the VB part of your trip report! I'm so in love with the theming I've seen so far. We're going to UO for the first time in early June and my party isn't at all interested in hitting the waterpark even though we have the 3-Park tickets. :charac2:So I'll just live vicariously through your TR!

Hi sorry they don't want to go:sad1:...I will do my best to give you an awesome trip report, we are very excited for VB:dogdance:. Is there any possibility that you could go over by yourself fro a bit to see it? I wouldn't let those 3 park tickets go to waste:D.

Good luck:goodvibes

I'm tempted! I have an extra day in Orlando without my group and had been planning to just relax at the pool all day but part of me is whispering that I should get a single day ticket to VB. I mean, VB has private waterfalls(?!) and I really want to see that volcano...

I'm tempted! I have an extra day in Orlando without my group and had been planning to just relax at the pool all day but part of me is whispering that I should get a single day ticket to VB. I mean, VB has private waterfalls(?!) and I really want to see that volcano...
Trip report please. So did you go to VB?

Hi I will be going on 7-27 and 8-1 to VB. I have liked being able to get some information from other posters about their experience. We have decided to cancel our premium loungers for one day but will keep our cabana for the other. I will hope to do a quick report while I am there.

Looking forward to hearing what your experience is with VB. :dogdance: I'll be there about a week after you are and I am hoping to do 1 day or a half day at VB.

Hi I will be going on 7-27 and 8-1 to VB. I have liked being able to get some information from other posters about their experience. We have decided to cancel our premium loungers for one day but will keep our cabana for the other. I will hope to do a quick report while I am there.

that is coming up soon!!

be sure to fill us in once the vacation is over

Hi everyone I am leaving in the morning :cool1::banana:... Will try and send some quick reports from VB. Have a great night:goodvibes

WOOT!!

Have a safe journey and loads of fun...

If you have time, love to read reports while you are there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!