my first try at designing a shirt/sign how did i do?!!UPDATE!!

Stephieann

DIS Veteran<br><font color=00cc00>Oh no....he is M
myfirsttshirttry2.jpg

laynie2.jpg

Very cute. A little hard to read with "SAMPLE" written across it, especially the name. It took me forever to figure out what it said. lol :crazy: But very cute.

The look pretty good. I see a white halo around the clipart in the first design. If you could erase that fuzzy area around the clipart they would blend into the design better, but overall a great start. I do agree that the sample makes it very hard to read.

Deb

Your designs are really cute

a few suggestions:

1. the clipart that you inserted has a line around it - did you erase the background? there are two ways to avoid the extra trim - instead of copying and pasting the clipart into your design you can save it to your computer - it will be a .gif file and you can open it in your software program and the background should be transparent - and then you can paste it without having to erase the trim -

or use the magic erase in your software program and up the similarity when erasing the background and it will trim closer to the design

2. the font in your halloween design is difficult to read - whenever you put a font on a dark background it is a good idea to outline with white to help it pop - in this design part of the design would still be lost in the moon light - so you might want to make two sets of the word and outline one in a thick black and then the second one in a thinner white - put them together and it will appear to be outlined in both colors in the area you need the letters to pop

ETA: I have my gallery small so that people can't steal my designs - it has not helped in the department of stopping people copying my ideas and creating my designs themselves - but it has helped me know who is actually using my designs - truthfully - unless you get into making hundreds of designs - I would not worry about putting a watermark or sample on every design - I actually had people posting on other message boards that they had created my designs themselves - while it is nice to know who is using my designs - to be honest you might find it more trouble than it is worth

Yep

you might want to outline the font in white to make it a little easier to read -

julia & nicks mom said:
Yep

you might want to outline the font in white to make it a little easier to read -
working on the outline... cant figure out the outline on my program. playing with other programs too....THANKS

That looks much better. The art blends into the background. Good work.

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter