my grandpa..

Blueeyes101817

DIS Veteran
About a week and a half ago, my grandfather was taken to the hospital because of high calcium...They found a tumor on his liver and they know it is cancer.

They have been doing test after test to determine the exact cancer and what stage it is...All of the tests are coming back inconclusive. They may send him to a philly hospital this week..

It is so hard seeing him like this--hes 74...The hardest part is not having any answers...

Please keep him in your prayers if you could

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. My father was diagnosed with cancer last Aug in his colon, liver and prostate and was only given 3 months to live. The Drs said he was stage 4 terminal. Its a year later and my dad is still alive, he has to do chemo every two weeks that makes him sick but its helped him fight the cancer and the Drs are amazed at his progress. None thought he would still be alive. I hope your grandfather gets answers on what type and the progression, but even if its the worse case scenerio stage 4 like my dads just know that when drs predict how long someone has doesnt mean its going to be that. I am hoping your grandfathers was caught early and you and your family are in my prayers.

Hang in there Jen...I say a prayer for your grandfather and my uncle every day.
(Uncle started with throat cancer, it has now spread and is causing open sores....hospice will start coming tomorrow. He's 55.)

:grouphug: ree

So saddened to read this tonight.. I am not sure what I can say here to make you feel better other than this. I truly believe none of us have an expiration date and so my DH and I take it with a grain of salt when they tell us how long he may have or that he is stage 4 pancreatic cancer. He was diagnosed in October of 2004 and he is doing very well. We take each day as a blessing.

Please know that I will keep your families in my prayers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter