My Mom Died This Morning

katmigordon

DIS Veteran
I hope this was the right place to post this, but this is the place online I feel safest in the world and I am hoping for some support.

My mom was a wonderful person, the kind of person everybody loved, she was certainly better with people than I am. I have a big heart, she gave that to me - I have a lot of compassion for everyone including total strangers - she gave that to me too.

I feel like my heart is being ripped out of my chest - I can't stop crying - part of me wants to go with her, I just can't imagine this world without her in it. I'm 45 years old and I feel like I should be handling this better but I have never experienced pain like this before...

I just don't know what to do.

I’m so sorry for your loss. My mom passed when I was 14 and I’m now 43. I can tell you that I have felt my mom with me all of these years and while it still stinks she is not here physically, she is still ‘here’. Take time for yourself and know that it gets easier. And remember, she wants you to be OK and not hold too tightly to the grief. (((Hugs)))

I hope this was the right place to post this, but this is the place online I feel safest in the world and I am hoping for some support.

My mom was a wonderful person, the kind of person everybody loved, she was certainly better with people than I am. I have a big heart, she gave that to me - I have a lot of compassion for everyone including total strangers - she gave that to me too.

I feel like my heart is being ripped out of my chest - I can't stop crying - part of me wants to go with her, I just can't imagine this world without her in it. I'm 45 years old and I feel like I should be handling this better but I have never experienced pain like this before...

I just don't know what to do.
I am so sorry for the loss of your mom. I lost my mom 19 years ago at the age of 39. It was the saddest day of my life. Everything I have in me that's good I got from my mom as it sounds like that with you. The sadness never goes away, but it will get easier. My daughter was pregnant with my first grandchild when my mom died and she actually choose his name. I believe they met in the in between life. His name is Kyle and he healed my soul. My healing prayers go out to you.

So sorry for your loss. I lost my mom when I was 17 and as a previous poster said, I feel her with me sometimes. Your mom will always be with you. Sending prayers your way.

I’m so sorry for your great loss. No matter our age, our place, our status in life, we always need our Mothers.
I wish I could take away that pain, those tears, but nobody can.
Don‘t sell yourself short, you are your mother’s child, you sound like a wonderful compassionate person, a testament of all the love you had together.

Grieving is a process, long, complicated, no way around it. Reach out to those around you, here also, this is a good place. ❤️❤️

Oh, I feel your pain through your words, I'm so sorry, I lost my Mom 26 years ago, and it feels like yesterday sometimes.
The pain gets easier with time, and the memories become wonderful gifts. Take care of yourself, give yourself time, and grieve in your own way. Ask for help if you feel unable to move on, it takes time.

I am so sorry, a lot of us have been through this and know the hole it leaves in your heart.

My mother is certainly a better person than I will be, as well. But, know this: you are the person that your are because of her. I don't think we're necessarily worse people; we're different. If we can grown to be half of what our mothers were, then we'll all fulfill our obligations to family, friends, and society.

Stop crying. Listen to Kenny Chesney's "Get Along." buy an ice cream, then go to the gym to burn that off! Hurt can somewhat fade... that doesn't mean memories have to. Put pictures up in a room and visit that room once a day. Write a letter to your mother and put it away. Don't read it for a year.

I am so, so sorry for your loss. Losing your Mother is like losing a home you always thought you could go back to. Her arms, her voice, her presence... it's hard to lose that. I lost my Mom suddenly last year when I was 39 and it remains the worst thing I've gone through. Divorce, the loss of pregnancies... nothing compared to losing her. I can tell you the first few weeks/months are the worst and someday you won't cry everyday. Be easy on yourself right now. I'm so sorry for what you are going through, nothing can prepare anyone for this.

Sorry to hear your loss. I myself lost my mom when I was 22 years old and to tell you the truth it really never set in till I was! In my late 40s
And after speaking to my pastor about it I never really wanted to think of her being gone
But as I thought about all the good and bad things me and my mom had been through
I really started crying and over days of on / off crying I was finally able to accept she was gone
I’m now 54 and not many days go by with out me just talking to her I know she’s close by.
I pray for you today

Ron

I just wanted to thank all of you for being here for me, reading your words helped give me the strength to keep holding on.

I just want to let you know that I read this post a couple days ago. While I didn't reply then, I've been praying for you. I really just didn't know what to say then, and I still don't. It's devastating and I'm very, truly sorry you are going through this. There are strangers that honestly care.

I just wanted to thank all of you for being here for me, reading your words helped give me the strength to keep holding on.
I am so sorry for your loss.
It's one day at a time with grief. The early days are very hard, but I promise it does get better over time.

I read the lovely things you said about your mom. She was a very special part of your life.

We learn so much from our moms and those things stay with us, even after they pass on. Those memories can be comforting.

Please take care. I will keep you in my prayers.

I am comforted in knowing that you read through your post, and did find it comforting.
I am, and I’m so sorry if I’m overstepping here, stuck on “keep holding on”. I noticed something in your original post as well, please, if ever you feel that the pain is something that you cannot endure, reach out, I do not know where you live, but please talk to someone.
I send you love enough to wrap around you twice, and wish (but know I can’t ), I could ease your pain. It isn’t easy, if there was no love, there is no pain. Grief is all the love we have, all the love we want to give but can not. Grief is the love with no place to go.

I also hardly sleep, so if ever, and I mean ever, you want to chat, do not hesitate to message me. I will always be there for an ear for you,
❤️🌈

I am so very very sorry for the pain you are in right now, I too lost my mom. I understand, truly. No words can make it all go away or Okay,but know that there are People that hear your pain and understand the pain and want to be here as an outlet for you to express yourself thru the grieving process. And it is a process. Its Okay to cry, to be angry or scream, it is also okay to remember the times that make you smile when you think about your mom. One moment at a time, one minute, one hour, You Can and will push thru this.

But Please, if Ever you are feeling so Overwhelmed with the pain or sadness, anxious feelings....reach out to someone, its important you remember that what You are feeling, or not, is normal and Okay. Please don't struggle alone. Im keeping you in my thoughts, and like someone already said....sending a Huge Hug to you which envelopes you in kindness and strength. Remember....you are not alone or weak, you are You...exactly as you are meant to be! Grieve and be kind to yourself.

I am so sorry for the loss of your mom and am so thankful for the wonderful years you had with her and the very special gifts that she gave to you. The world is a better place because she was here and because she helped you become the person you are.

I am so sorry for your loss. It is very hard. Sad to say, I feel it gets harder as time goes by. We realize how much we miss them more and more.

I won't list the immediate family members that passed within a short time/back to back. Having said that - I did join a grieving group at church after my sister passed. I also starting going to mass 3,4 or 5 mornings a week. Whatever day I was free, I went. It became my therapy. For a while now, only on Sundays because of my schedule.

Please talk to someone, a friend, here, anyone you feel comfortable with. Grieving is different for everyone and there is no right or wrong. You will have moments when you will start to think of her and all the wonderful memories and smile. Other moments, you will lose it. Snap out of it and think of the good. Do bring her up in your conversations if you can. She is not here, but she was here and lived. She is still with you in your heart. If it's too much, do so when you are ready.

Losing a loved one is difficult and we think they and us will be here forever. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter