My poor feet

KittyKitty

DIS Veteran
I am only staying 4 days at WDW and plan to be at MK the whole day,9 till 9pm. Since this will be the only time I will be there, I don't want to take a break , except dinner at Trails End Buffet.

So I need suggestions on how to keep my feet happy. I have good walking shoes, but they give out after 8 hours or so.

What is your sure fire solution for this?

Thanks so much for your help

Susan

Welcome to the Dis! I think you can get some good answers from our Disney Tips board. I'll move your post over there for you. Thanks for posting. :)

Ibuprofen & Aspercreme! And good well fitting cushioned socks!

better shoes! I have had shoes that give out like yours do and then I switched to a better brand and they last all day. I like Merrill and ECCO for the best shoe.

Have a great day!

My mom got us in the habit from the time we were young of taking a second pair of shoes (and socks) with us into the park. Sometimes when you think your feet just litterally cannot go one more step ... just changing shoes can work miracles. We always left them with our jackets, etc in the locker for most of the day.

When we were at WDW a few years back my feet swelled up so bad that after the first day I couldn't get either pair of my "walking" shoes on! :eek:
Ended up getting a pair of "water shoes" made of spandex at Walmart. Actually worked out better than any shoes I'd worn before at disney ... Looked a little silly 'cuz all they had were neon colors, but oh well. :rolleyes:

Also bring moleskin to put on "hotspots" that if ignored will turn into big mean blisters! Pay attention to the beginning twinges of pain and get a piece of moleskin over the spot right away.
You can get blisters even from shoes that are super-comfy and broken in. :(

One thing that helped me was standing all day. I would go to WDW the last week before I'd have to return to school, and all summer I'd get a lot of practice by standing and walking all day at work (I work in a copy center during the summer so I stand and walk all day). This helped dramaticlly, so my suggestion is to start walking as many miles as you can, even if it's in the mall. I also used a good pair of sandles. By useing sandles I didn't have to worry about feet getting damp from sweat or a water ride, plus they get plenty of air all day. Hope this helps.

Steven

A travel size thing of baby powder and deoderant is a must. It will help you to cool down and not feel as sweaty. A change of socks is great, but make sure they have good thick soles to help your arch. The shoes that I like are hard to find, but are vey comfy.They are called Treetornes. I had them like 15 years ago when I was a cheerleader in highschool and never forgot how comfy they were. I found that just for feet was selling them around the time we took our first family Disney Trip. My feet felt so wonderful. The first time my dh and I went on our Honeymoon I had some other type of shoes and they hurt after the first day. They may have a web-sight. Good Luck.....Have a great time at Disney.:wave: :earseek:

Nike Strap runner sandles. Mine and my moms feet ache after about 6 hours. We wore these every day (almost mom goofed up at downtown and we had to switch her sneakers to my feet and she got my sandles.) They were great for chasing my kids through the water fountian things and for Kali. I've never been so happy with a pair of shoes. I'll be buying another pair for next summer (not that the others are even close to worn out) I just want another color.
Good luck

the suggestion about standing all day is a good one. Several months befor we go I start a walking routine. Just for about 45 min or so. By the time we get to Disney, I'm in good enough shape to walk around from park opening to close. The last trip we took in Aug. was just a quickie weekend trip so I did not walk before hand. On day 2 when I woke up that morning, I could barely move I was so sore. My legs felt as it they weighed a ton. So definately practice before you go. This also works great if you have kids. You can all walk together and talk about what you will do once you get there, where you will eat, what to see, etc... This keeps them excited about the trip Have fun
.:Pinkbounc :bounce: :earsgirl:

Well, I leave tomorrow. I have my extra pair of shoes, thick socks, ibuprofen, powder, moleskin, and a good sense of humor.

Thank you for all the great suggestions. My feet thank you also!

Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter