My Review of Fantasmic Riverside Seating

lucky1

Face Character
At the spur of the moment on Sunday 8/20, we decided to call to see if we could get tickets for one of the preminum seating for Fantasmic. We called about 11am on Sunday and were able to reserve Monday 9:00 showing for riverside seating.

We picked up our tickets at guest services outside the park Monday morning.
Cost was $59/person. Tickets stated that we had to check in 1 hour before and seating was in order of check in.

We have sat in the balcony about 10 times before since they first starting doing the balcony seating. This would be our first at riverside. We arrived at 7:40 and saw someone there and were able to check in, we were seats 11-13, which was directly in center with no one behind us. A party of 10 had checkin before us. We were told to come back at 8:20 for seating. When we arrive we were seated in Seat number order and then a bottle of water was brought to everyone and a drink order taken by a wonderful server and we were able to head to the buffet.

Drinks: Water, Canned soda (coke, Sprite, etc), Coffee, Decaf, Hot chocolate.

Dessert: Biscotti, Mickey rice Krisky, Macorons (spelling), Special cookie (shortbread, chocolate and rasberry filling) and chocolate strawberries.

They kept everything well stocked and were very attentive to the guests. The view was great and I felt that it was probably better than sitting on the balcony.

We were also able to stay in our seats for the fireworks and were able to see almost everything, including tinkerbell.

It's different in that the seating is down below, and the desserts are more like finger foods than the ones served on the balcony.

Thanks! Silly me. I just found a thread about this a couple down from this one. I'm def going to look at tickets when DLR's Nov schedule is posted.

Would you say that is worth is for a mom with a 2year old to do riverside seating or balcony? If you can stay in your seat and watch fireworks my guess would be riverside am I right? then if he fusses its outside??

I sooo want to do this.

jan

Keep in mind that the Riverside seating is much closer to the "action" and depending on your 2yo, it may be a little scary for him. When we sat at the balcony last year, my nephew who was about the same age kind of "freaked out" at the dragon. Luckily the CM let my brother take him into the art gallery until he settled down.

Leofoenget said:
Whats the food in the balcony section??

Its been a little over a year but I can tell you what we had last time:
Chocolate mousse cake
Creme Puffs
Mickey Rice Krispy Treats
Cheesecake
Some other assorted pastries (Napoleans I think)
Fruit, cheese and crackers
Sodas, coffee, ice tea, hot chocolate and non alcholic mint juleps

I may be forgetting something but thats what I remember. You are served your drinks by a cm and the desserts are buffet style. There are very small tables, one for each group. There are about 18 seats total but they arrange the groups of people in little clusters, we had five in our party, it seemed the last time we did it, most other groups were in parties of two. Hope that helps give you an idea. Its a treat, too bad its so expensive!

boscoj said:
Keep in mind that the Riverside seating is much closer to the "action" and depending on your 2yo, it may be a little scary for him. When we sat at the balcony last year, my nephew who was about the same age kind of "freaked out" at the dragon. Luckily the CM let my brother take him into the art gallery until he settled down.

thanks for the info. I think I am going to try to go with my 8year old instead in 1 month. I think that makes more sense. It would be nice with Jason (2) because I think he's free. But if I have to leave and sit it out thats not good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter