My sweet Pug Rosie

Alicefan

Give me a cloudy day in Winter!
Yesterday was the hardest day of my life. I have no children but was the proud momma of Pugs throughout my life. I had Rose for 15 perfect years and I can't tell you how much my heart hurts. She died at home peacefully and I had prayed and prayed for it to be that way, because any dog lover knows, there is nothing worse than having to make that decision for them.
I laid her on her a/c vent that she loved to lay on her entire life and I laid down beside her. She raised her little head up at the very end and laid it across my face for a few seconds, then she laid it back on the floor and she left this world. I can't remember a time when I didn't have the sound of a snoring dog beside me while I typed. The silence is deafening.
I swore she would be the last because of how expensive it's become to have pets and because of how much I travel. No matter what, it's hard to fully enjoy yourself when you go places because you have the worry about a pet back home stuck in the back of your mind. Shame on Vets for charging the same as humans to go in for a visit. It was never like that just 20 years ago. Used to be $25 or $35 whenever I took my dog in for anything. With so many homeless pets, it's not wonder the shelters are overcrowded. The only vet open on a Sunday wanted $112 for the office visit and almost $400 to cremate her. My Aunt let me bury her in her backyard. I'm so grateful.

If anyone can spare a prayer or two for my broken heart and for quick healing and the ability to bear this awful silence I would appreciate it. Thanks for listening.

The sweetest Hufflepuff you could've ever met. !cid__0927111225c.jpg

I'm so sorry.

I know all too well the pain of losing a pet. :(

You will get through this.

Goodbye Rosie, you were very loved!
❤❤❤

Yesterday was the hardest day of my life. I have no children but was the proud momma of Pugs throughout my life. I had Rose for 15 perfect years and I can't tell you how much my heart hurts. She died at home peacefully and I had prayed and prayed for it to be that way, because any dog lover knows, there is nothing worse than having to make that decision for them.
I laid her on her a/c vent that she loved to lay on her entire life and I laid down beside her. She raised her little head up at the very end and laid it across my face for a few seconds, then she laid it back on the floor and she left this world. I can't remember a time when I didn't have the sound of a snoring dog beside me while I typed. The silence is deafening.
I swore she would be the last because of how expensive it's become to have pets and because of how much I travel. No matter what, it's hard to fully enjoy yourself when you go places because you have the worry about a pet back home stuck in the back of your mind. Shame on Vets for charging the same as humans to go in for a visit. It was never like that just 20 years ago. Used to be $25 or $35 whenever I took my dog in for anything. With so many homeless pets, it's not wonder the shelters are overcrowded. The only vet open on a Sunday wanted $112 for the office visit and almost $400 to cremate her. My Aunt let me bury her in her backyard. I'm so grateful.

If anyone can spare a prayer or two for my broken heart and for quick healing and the ability to bear this awful silence I would appreciate it. Thanks for listening.

The sweetest Hufflepuff you could've ever met. View attachment 522883
How are you today? Thinking of you.

How are you today? Thinking of you.
Aww thank you. I had been doing better than expected but then came yesterday where I had to go back to work and come home to an empty shell of a house. I had a bad meltdown. I guess I'm at the guilt phase wondering if I did enough? Getting used to having nothing to do when you wake up is really strange. It's the oddest thing to go from the bed to the couch. I appreciate you checking on me. I think sometimes people forget about the pet parents or think it's not the same. Try explaining that to my heart lol

I just thought I'd post a couple more pics of my girl. Just to maybe help with the healing if I share her with the world. I will never forget, I was running bathwater for myself and I went to get something and I came back to find she had stolen my bath! lolCIMG0874_edited.JPG Such a funny girl. 417316_10151193433362433_190088503_n.jpgCIMG0664.JPG and the last photo I ever took with her.118699946_2592210524375936_63537845224299673_o.jpg

I know how you feel, we have only fur babies. And the broken heart is just that broken. It does not make a difference if it hurts for a pet or a human, it just hurts. And i can tell by your words you did every thing you could for Rosie. The heart will heal in time, the memories will always be here. Bless you and rosie

I know how you feel, we have only fur babies. And the broken heart is just that broken. It does not make a difference if it hurts for a pet or a human, it just hurts. And i can tell by your words you did every thing you could for Rosie. The heart will heal in time, the memories will always be here. Bless you and rosie
Thank you, that means so much.

Aw, your Rosie was a lovely pug and fortunate to live her life so loved. Hugs to you. Cherish your memories of her and allow those to bring you comfort.

I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful girl! I hope your good memories of her help you through this tough time.

The sweetest Hufflepuff you could've ever met. View attachment 522883

I didn’t even know this thread existed here and I was exploring and I ran past your post. I’m really sorry to hear this. We own two pugs who are Middle Aged and I couldn’t imagine how you feel and what you’re going through right now. Focus on the positive memories from the past anytime you’re feeling down and hopefully that will help you get through this challenging time. maybe find a way to commemorate her a wall of photos maybe. I hope each day gets better

I didn’t even know this thread existed here and I was exploring and I ran past your post. I’m really sorry to hear this. We own two pugs who are Middle Aged and I couldn’t imagine how you feel and what you’re going through right now. Focus on the positive memories from the past anytime you’re feeling down and hopefully that will help you get through this challenging time. maybe find a way to commemorate her a wall of photos maybe. I hope each day gets better
Thank you so much. When my other Pug, Apple passed, my friend made a heart shaped collage of both dogs (because I don't think she could tell them apart when she picked the pictures from my facebook page lol) The pictures are little thumbnails arranged in the shape of a heart and it's in a pretty white box frame. It's really cool. Thank you for your kind words and please give your sweet pugs a cuddle from me. That's the one thing about having pugs, you become a fanatic lol. You not only love your pugs but everyone elses. There's just something about them. When I would take her places with us, people constantly came up and wanted to pet her and usually had a story about them or their family members who had a pug. We used to think she was a rockstar with all the attention she got. lol

Thank you all so much for your kind words. I wish I could say that I'm getting better but sadly that hasn't started happening yet. I'm hanging in there.

So sorry - losing a beloved dog is heartbreaking. It looks like you did the best by her and were fortunate to have her go peacefully. Her last snuggle with you was her acknowledging that and thanking you for caring for her so well.

So sorry - losing a beloved dog is heartbreaking. It looks like you did the best by her and were fortunate to have her go peacefully. Her last snuggle with you was her acknowledging that and thanking you for caring for her so well.
I believe that as well. It's amazing to me that both of my dogs, as they were passing, made a gesture to show me that they were saying their final goodbye. God bless their sweet souls.

I believe that as well. It's amazing to me that both of my dogs, as they were passing, made a gesture to show me that they were saying their final goodbye. God bless their sweet souls.
I just realized I sound like Theresa from Long Island Medium but I truly do believe that acknowledgment gesture is real and important.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!