My turn to test!

Chris C

Returning DIS Veteran
Testing sound link... click here

Testing "Embed" sound? <EMBED SRC="http://sites.netscape.net/chrisczada/mseparade.mid" HEIGHT=0 WIDTH=0 LOOP="true" BGCOLOR="#000000"></EMBED>
I don't hear anything.... do you?

I do now!

Chris - I hear it when I click, but not when I open the thread (a la JC)

Chris is linking to the file while I embed an auto loader with an auto play command.

Mr. Cricket, there is a way to link and get the sound to work isn't there?

I thought just adding "&ltBGSOUNDSRC=" to the front end would work. I guess not.

I just looked at my code chart and it says that .mid can't be imbedded but I could have sworn that we did it before.

JC

I'm wrong. It does work.

I was switching pages too fast and not giving it time to load.

The chart was refering to the Mosaic standard not supporting it.

Netscape needs a plugin.

IE supports it just fine.

JC

Okay!!!!

Got it now. Using the <BGSOUND .... wasn't workin on my end, but by switching to EMBED ... It works fine.

Thanks for the input oldkicker and JC! :D :D

Except now I've got a little "Quicktime Control" showing up in my post! Arg... I'll figure it out later!

Everyone with speakers should be able to hear the darn thing now!

Just in case anyone is interested, it seems that Mac/Netscape requires the sound file be "embedded" while Mac/I.E. and PC/I.E. (I don't know about PC/Netscape) is fine with just "bgsound" coding. In order for all to be able to enjoy the sounds... BOTH sets of code need to be input.

I hear it just fine, Chris. Thanks for the memories. :D

YOU feel dirty JC???

Just think how I feel! I had to expose my poor little Mac to Internet Explorer AND I had to go borrow a PC to test with too!

Double eww, no wait... make that a TRIPLE Ewww! :tongue:

(Thank you both for confirming that it does work!)

mirror.gif
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#00009c>Hey, I can't hear a thing!!!

Oh, wait... my computer here doesn't have speakers! :earseek:

I'll have to wait until I get home :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter