My "Under Oath" PTR - Lots of Pics!!!

{sigh . . . } Went to 3 Wal-Marts this morning before work looking for propane and NOTTA!!!!!!!! We were hoping to be able to use our grill for cooking if we lose power during the hurricane. I guess I'll be driving all over town this evening looking for some. But, anyway, that's boring and totally not what this post is about! :goodvibes While at one of these Wal-Marts I spotted two Tinkerbell shirts - both of them on a rack totally out of place and in MY SIZE!!!!! Say what you want, but that seems like a sign to me! :rotfl: So, of course, I bought them. (Tink is my absolute FAVORITE)

DSCF1019.jpg

DSCF1018.jpg

{sigh . . . } Went to 3 Wal-Marts this morning before work looking for propane and NOTTA!!!!!!!! We were hoping to be able to use our grill for cooking if we lose power during the hurricane. I guess I'll be driving all over town this evening looking for some. But, anyway, that's boring and totally not what this post is about! :goodvibes While at one of these Wal-Marts I spotted two Tinkerbell shirts - both of them on a rack totally out of place and in MY SIZE!!!!! Say what you want, but that seems like a sign to me! :rotfl: So, of course, I bought them. (Tink is my absolute FAVORITE)

DSCF1019.jpg

DSCF1018.jpg

Love them! That was totally a sign, and a little Disney magic too!:goodvibes

Love your Tinkerbell shirts! There is one at our Wal-Mart that I am thinking of going back to get. Has Tinkerbell on the back and says "Feisty". My husband would say that fits my personality perfectly!! :rotfl2:

Love your Tinkerbell shirts! There is one at our Wal-Mart that I am thinking of going back to get. Has Tinkerbell on the back and says "Feisty". My husband would say that fits my personality perfectly!! :rotfl2:

Haha! Sounds cute! My husband says I need one that says "I Forgot" (I say that alot), but I say I need a Mary Poppins one that says, "Practically Perfect In Every Way"! :rotfl2:

Love the shirts! You just had to get them - they are perfect! :goodvibes

I surely must agree with you! :goodvibes I showed them to DH this evening and he didn't grumble or even sigh heavily, so all is well. :rotfl: He's such a good sport about my need to shop continuously until we leave for Disney! :lovestruc

I just saw the link appear on your siggie on your last post on my TR, so I HAD to hop over!!! Now, I have much reading to do---more soon!!! :surfweb: popcorn::

I just saw the link appear on your siggie on your last post on my TR, so I HAD to hop over!!! Now, I have much reading to do---more soon!!! :surfweb: popcorn::

Thanks for coming over! :goodvibes I was so sad when you're TR ended - I didn't know how I was going to finish passing the time until our trip without it. :confused: Of course, now we have Hurricane Gustav to occupy us for a while, so I guess the time will pass quickly. :eek: Hopefully, we won't lose power, or if we do maybe it won't be for long. DH and I went shopping yesterday and picked up some awesome goodies so I'm dying to post them. Going to try and get that up this afternoon. Stay tuned! :surfweb:

Thanks for coming over! :goodvibes I was so sad when you're TR ended - I didn't know how I was going to finish passing the time until our trip without it. :confused: Of course, now we have Hurricane Gustav to occupy us for a while, so I guess the time will pass quickly. :eek: Hopefully, we won't lose power, or if we do maybe it won't be for long. DH and I went shopping yesterday and picked up some awesome goodies so I'm dying to post them. Going to try and get that up this afternoon. Stay tuned! :surfweb:

Hey Sweetie!!! Just got all caught up!! SO glad you decided to start a PTR/TR!!!! You know how I love to live vicariously through them!!! My hubby and I have been following Gustav for a few days now--not that we live anywhere near where the hurricanes hit, but we are both fascinated by the weather. I am very worried about all of you who live near that area, because I am afraid this is going to be a nasty one!!! Know that we are thinking of you all and praying that everything will be okay for all of you! You know that our first trip with Megs was the same week in September in 2006, so I hope you all have as much fun and as wonderful a time as we had---really NO crowds the week we went---hopefully it will be the same for you too!!! BTW, you and your family are BEAUTIFUL!!! A picture-perfect postcard for a happy all-American family!!! Talk soon, Jen

Okay, so here's the loot!!!!

Brown and pink crocs for me - LOVE THEM!!!!

stuff005.jpg

stuff006.jpg

New kicks for DH (He is VERY picky about tennis shoes so I am so relieved to have this puchase over with! :goodvibes )

stuff009.jpg

Oh, and as you may remember, we are having a photo session done at the Poly the night of our 'Ohana ADR, so I have been looking for clothes for that night. I already had clothes picked out for DS and DD and have been trying to match something for us. Here is the shirt I found for DH - I hung it beside DS's shirt so you can see the match. They are wearing them with brown cargo shorts. DD's dress is navy blue, so I will be looking for something for me to tie the light and navy blues together.

stuff002.jpg

In light of the upcoming tropical turmoil, I thought it a good time to talk about this chain of events that took place about 6 weeks ago. DH and I were returning home from an afternoon of grocery shopping and upon rounding the corner of our driveway to our house, we beheld an enormous limb on top of our carport. Okay, so better put - it had crushed our carport. When you look at the pics, take note that DH's truck is somewhere underneath the mass of limbs. Anyhoo, I am also posting a pic of the tree that the limb fell from so you can see the enormity of it. They just finished the repairs to the house last week and DH got his truck back from the shop about 2 weeks ago so all is back to normal now. But, you will be happy to know that the tree has since been taken down so is not posing any threat to us during Hurricane Gustav. Also, I am putting a pic that I just took outside at my house so you can see the "calm before the storm" so to speak. :goodvibes

DSC_0446.jpg

DSC_0449.jpg

DSC_0516.jpg

Beautiful sunshine outside today!

house001.jpg

Where the tree USED to reside!

house003.jpg

So . . . we have done all of the preparing we can do - safely stored the grill, bikes, swings, etc . . . in the shed. We have enough junk food and canned goods to sustain us for a couple of days, 6 flash lights, a kerosene lantern, 8 bags of ice, 3 cases of bottled water, and of course - Phase 10! (We love that card game :goodvibes ) I will update up until we lose power and knowing me will probably even go outside and take pics so stay tuned. :surfweb:

THinking about ya'll! Jason left for work at 4am, and of course I can't sleep. Love all the new pics you posted.

Melonie---I don't know if you will see this right now or not--not knowing about your power situation, but we are thinking of you guys down there right now and hoping for the best---although this looks like an INCREDIBLE storm!!! Please be safe!!!! I so wish there was something we could do to help out, but know that our prayers are with you!!! Take care, Jen

OF COURSE, TOM AND I ARE GLUED TO THE COVERAGE!!!!!!

Melonie,
I have been thinking about you guys with Gustav so close, hope you are staying safe and are not without power for too long!!

I love the shirts and shoes! I can't wait to see some of your pics from the Poly photo session! I love those Nike Shox!! I may have to look into getting my DH a pair of those!! :)

Looks like our trips will be safe from Hanna, now we just have to keep an eye out on the waves behind her!! Ugh!!! :headache:

Tammy

UPDATE:

I just spoke to Melonie and she and her family are doing well. She is currently having power surges where she looses power for moments at a time and her router for the interenet can't reset in between. I'm sure if she is able to get online she will give you an update soon. They are just having a lot of rain and wind gusts like we are here. Thanks to you all for your kind words and prayers we all appreciate them so much. :goodvibes

Loving your PTR, I am starting mine today! Hope you and your family are safe and sound!

Just checking in on you - hope you and your family are well! I too have been glued to the tv all day watching Gustav.

Love your recent purchases - I have the pink/brown crocs in the flip-flop style - actually wearing them right now! The blue shirts for the photo shoot will be great.

Wow on the tree falling on your carport! Thankfully it didn't hit the house and probably a good thing the tree is gone now so you don't have to worry about it during this storm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter