MyVMK Game Details (VMK Reopen)

Maleficent Dragon

Member Since 2004; lost previous login.
Hey Old VMK Friends and Players: MyVMK is open. http://beta.myvmk.com/index.php#

The game is in beta and therefore not complete. Fireworks will be the first game released. We will be seeing that within the next week or two. I have already seen many names from 5+ years ago, it would be great to see more. The game does not have complete moderation, but that is in progress.

The developer has said that the items that were rare in VMK may not be rare in MyVMK. We have already had one basic hat retired and made a potential rare.

They do have their own forum as well, but I will offer a warning - it is currently under-moderated. Many members are Jr & High School students. The threads can get childish and nasty really quickly. ;) You might want to check it out before you let your children join. The site is myvmk.com

Games Open
Shells (limited to Captain's Quarters)
Fireworks

Newest Updates
Several Instances Rooms

NPCs Working
Yeti
Maleficent's Dragon
Esmerela
Gator Waiter

In The Works....
Jungle Cruise?

I will modify this post as information on the game is released.

Hey Old VMK Friends and Players: MyVMK is open. http://beta.myvmk.com/index.php#

The game is in beta and therefore not complete. Fireworks will be the first game released. We will be seeing that within the next week or two. I have already seen many names from 5+ years ago, it would be great to see more. The game does not have proper moderation, but that is in progress.

The developer has said that the items that were rare in VMK may not be rare in MyVMK. We have already had one basic hat retired and made a potential rare.

They do have their own forum as well, but I will offer a warning - it is extremely under-moderated and very childish at times. Most of the members are Jr, High School and College students. The threads can get childish and nasty really quickly. It is about 80% complaints as well. ;) You might want to check it out before you let your children join. The site is myvmk.com

Games Open
Shells - collecting shells like a maniac to gain 25 credits each
Fireworks (coming soon)

Retired Items/Rare
Green Flip Hat
Firewall

I will modify this post as information on the game is released.
Appparently Magenta Rocket Couch is retired.

Loving this thread already. Thanks for posting this.

I want aware that black mickey ears were already retired. :(

LOL I agree with you about the forums. I signed out and said I was done. I only look out there when the game is down.

yeah, i played openvmk and tried myvmk, theyre great games dont get me wrong, just i guess the magics been lost for me =[

I'm so happy! I have been waiting for someone to re do this game and this website made me happy! I meet one of very good best friends on VMK! and this just brings back so many good memories!

I think Fireworks is being put in as we speak!

I really hope so. Because people are taking the Shell Game serious and you can hardly get any.
I loved the Firework game on VMK!

I posted this on the other thread, but I am sharing this here as well for those who have kids that you may want to play the game.

I am really disappointed. This new "VMK" is not going to be anything like the safe game we once played. Kids are talking about things of a sexual nature and cursing. This means my kids will not be able to play. I sent a PM on the forums to one of the board owners (we'll call him G) last week and he told me that when the game is fully launched, all of the chat limitations will be removed. It will be like small worlds. :(

I witnessed a conversation where somebody was talking about things they like to do with their girlfriend (it was Very explicit) while collecting shells. I took a screenshot and sent it to "G". I was told that it was not a violation because this is not Disney's VMK. I understand that Disney no longer runs the game, but they do own the rights to the characters, clothing items and such and I doubt they would want their brand associated with that. I guess only time will tell. It is very disappointing.

I was in a room last night and noticed people saying things that should be blocked and when I asked they said all you have to do is hit enter several times and it will let you say it. i tried it using the word "love" since it is usually blocked and it worked.

Kids are talking about things of a sexual nature and cursing.

I witnessed a conversation where somebody was talking about things they like to do with their girlfriend (it was Very explicit) while collecting shells. I took a screenshot and sent it to "G". I was told that it was not a violation because this is not Disney's VMK.

That's an odd response from MyVMK, since they posted their own official rules on their forums almost 3 weeks ago:
Official Rules! (Subject to change)

MyVMK Rules

1.) Don't share your personal information or login details with anyone.
2.) Don't bully or harass other players.
3.) Don't use offensive language or curse words.
4.) Don't behave in any sexual or other inappropriate behavior.
5.) Don't cheat by creating multiple accounts for the purpose of generating credits/items/etc.
6.) Don't scam other players by tricking them into giving you items or credits.
7.) Don't ask other players for their account information, such as username, password, or email.
8.) Don't impersonate other players. This includes staff members, NPCs, etc.
9.) Don't intentionally false report. Use the Call for Help feature for emergencies only.
10.) Be a good player. The better you are, the better the game will be!

NOTE: That these are just basic guidelines and the examples listed are not limited to that certain situation.

Based on the volunteer "staff" they have, there's no way they can adequately moderate the game. I think you made the right decision not to allow your kids to play it.

That's an odd response from MyVMK, since they posted their own official rules on their forums almost 3 weeks ago:

Based on the volunteer "staff" they have, there's no way they can adequately moderate the game. I think you made the right decision not to allow your kids to play it.

I think it is really because there is a lot of favoritism in the game and on the forum. All of the testers, hosts and moderators they picked are KIDS that follow Kevin's Twitter and play games with him (like XBox Live). I also dont see how a game that runs 24x7 can be properly moderated. Anybody thinking that they are going to get their old VMK back is sorely mistaken and is setting themselves up for disappointment.

I think it is really because there is a lot of favoritism in the game and on the forum. All of the testers, hosts and moderators they picked are KIDS that follow Kevin's Twitter and play games with him (like XBox Live). I also dont see how a game that runs 24x7 can be properly moderated. Anybody thinking that they are going to get their old VMK back is sorely mistaken and is setting themselves up for disappointment.

I think this is more true of the testers than the host or mods. AFAIK, Grizzly was Amy's friend, not Kevin's. No idea on Shane, and that's it for moderators right now. Kevin's pretty nice, if a little odd sometime.

I posted this on the other thread, but I am sharing this here as well for those who have kids that you may want to play the game.

I am really disappointed. This new "VMK" is not going to be anything like the safe game we once played. Kids are talking about things of a sexual nature and cursing. This means my kids will not be able to play. I sent a PM on the forums to one of the board owners (we'll call him G) last week and he told me that when the game is fully launched, all of the chat limitations will be removed. It will be like small worlds. :(
What in the world gave you any idea the original "safe" VMK was "safe"???

I remember being 8 years old (this was over 9 years ago) and having many people talking very sexually to me, telling me things they'd like to do to me, borderline r*pe and torture.... easily getting round the so called "safe" chat by using symbols and slight alterations in the words -________-

Honestly, i just feel you are too quick to judge and bash MyVMK and praise Disney's VMK.

I have been playing the new MyVMK since it opened and, yes, when it started there were some issues with people being explicit as it is very difficult to moderate when they are only just starting and are still getting a feel for it. However, recently, ive been playing most of the day and late into the night (because summer started and I sadly have nothing to do :P) and i have not once run into any explicit or rude comments or anything in any of the rooms. Most everyone here is quite friendly and just trying to reminisce and have fun.

Though, yeah, the chat on MyVMK should be a little stricter, just in case, i like it how it is, as i can actually have a conversation

I honestly feel safer in MyVMK than i did in Disney's VMK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!