MYW package and Free Dining?

disneyfreak7

DIS Veteran
We will be at POR for free dining in Sept for 8 days. My question is this:My brother is thinking of meeting us down there since we have room in our second room, he might not be able to come for the whole 8 days. I called my TA who booked our trip and she said to add him on he also has to buy the 8 day park hopper that we are buying? I thought one only had to purchase a 1 day pass? Does he have to buy the 8 day since we are. What if he really was going 8 days but didn't want to go to parks for 8 days? Just wondering if I got correct information? :confused3

Everyone in the group has to have the same ticket.

You could have everyone get a one day ticket with the package, and then upgrade all but his to 8 day when you get there.

I would definately recommend downgrading all of your tickets to a one day pass. You can upgrade those tickets that you want upgraded when you get there. We did this last year because I felt that it was silly to pay for all the upgrades 45 days in advance when we could do it when we got to WDW at no penalty.

By downgrading, everyone in your party can upgrade their tickets to the number of days and extras that they need upon your arrival! Just do all of your upgrades when you check in or before you use the one day pass :thumbsup2

I have seen posts that all members of your party need to be present at check in to get the free dining. Just something to keep in mind if your brother is coming down later in the trip. Let me add that I don't know if this is the truth, you get all kinds of crazy information from CMs at times, but I think it makes sense that they would do this.

My son is going to join us also for 3 or 4 nights of our 10 night stay. We were planning on purchasing a 10 day ticket for him since we have the package. He is taking a separate flight from his college area so he won't be with us when we check in. Has anyone else heard that everyone must be present at check-in in order to activate the dining plan for him?

I HAVE READ THE POSTS ABOUT EVERYBODY BEING TOGETHER AT CHECK IN TO GET FREE DINING. I WOULDN'T CARE IF DISNEY DIDN'T PUT ON HIS CREDITS UNTIL HE GOT THERE. I CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE WOULD MAKE UP EXTRA PEOPLE IN THEIR ROOMS TO GET MORE CREDITS. HE MIGHT EVEN BE THERE WHEN WE CHECK IN, BUT LEAVE A DAY OR TWO BEFORE WE DO. WE BOOKED TWO ROOMS BECAUSE WE ARE BRINGING MY MOM WITH AND WE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A FUN FAMILY TRIP IF MY BROTHER WENT ALSO, SINCE THERE IS ROOM.
I THINK MAYBE I CHANGE OUR TICKETS TO ONE DAY AND THEN UPGRADE WHEN WE GET THERE. DO YOU THINK MY TRAVEL AGENT WILL BE UPSET? DOES SHE GET A COMMISSION ON THE TICKETS. GOING DOWN TO A 1 DAY FROM AN 8 DAY TICKET FOR ALL OF US IS A BIG $ DIFFERENCE. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter