Narcoossess , Cirticos , or OHana

I would post this question on the main Disney Dining forum.
This is the Dining REVIEWS thread

Definitely Narcoossee's. We've tried them all. We had a bad experience with our server at Citricos. He was more interested in waiting on a large table purchasing expensive bottles of wine. He ignored us and brought us our cold meals. It wasn't a good experience and haven't desired to return. We ate at Ohanas twice. The first time was a good experience with average food. The enjoyment was watching the grandchildren partake in the coconut races and musical instrument parade. But, the second time was a really late reservation (9:30pm). Obviously, no one cared about the diners. They were in "end of shift" mode. They ran out of food, weren't attentive about our drinks, and I would never book such a late reservation again. But, Narcoossee's is outstanding! We ate there at least five times in the last nine years. Consistent, delicious food in a great atmosphere with staff that love their jobs! Many of the staff have been there for years. Can't wait to go back next year.

Citricos. They have the best service and food of all 3. Narcoossees has been just OK the past few times and Ohana is terrible.

I have not tried the othe two, but ohana has been very hit and miss lately. Service was slow last time.

I was very unimpressed with Narcoossees last year, considering price paid. Citricos I have never tried. Last year everyone thought O’hana was the best of the trip.

Does it seem like there is a increase in dissatisfaction with many of Disney top restaurants ?

I’ve never had a bad meal at Ohana but sometimes the service is slow. I haven’t eaten at the other two but I wouldn’t expect them to be in the same category as Ohana. Signature restaurants will have more upscale food (which, depending on your palate could be a plus or a minus), smaller portions, and better service. Ohana is more of an experience with activities for kids and light entertainment. If there are kids in your party, Ohana may be better. Personally, I’d do Ohana AND a signature as I think they’re different experiences.

Citricos, we had excellent food and service. Narcoossee's and 'Ohana are my two least favorite restaurants at WDW, we will not return to either. That said, I recommend looking at menus and full dining reviews and choosing the one that you think fits your traveling party best.

Does it seem like there is a increase in dissatisfaction with many of Disney top restaurants ?
Every complaint I’ve read includes the phrase “for the price paid.” I don’t think the real issue is the quality of the meal, but, rather, folks aren’t accustomed to the prices that Disney charges at their top restaurants.

We dined at Citricos in October. Nothing bad, but nothing memorable, either. We've had much better meals at other restaurants at Disney. My wife and daughter dined at Narcoosees in May and enjoyed it. Said they would go back. Has been years since we've been at Ohana so can't compare.

Every complaint I’ve read includes the phrase “for the price paid.” I don’t think the real issue is the quality of the meal, but, rather, folks aren’t accustomed to the prices that Disney charges at their top restaurants.

Yes, price paid has to be a factor. The Narcoosees meal was decent but average decent. The service was verging on the surly. For the price paid, I ate twice as good food, with better service for a third/ half of the price on 5th Av South, Naples a week later. Not a cheap spot to dine either. There is a difference between paying a lot for a meal and thinking it was worth the high price, and feeling ripped off. Narcoosees came in the latter category.

Citricos would be my pick. It was one of our favorites when we were in Disney this past August. The service was excellent and food delicious! We also typically eat on the earlier side (5:30) and the restaurant was very empty. Not sure if that had anything to do with the service.

'Ohana is a fun meal and costs less than the others but other than the dessert the food isn't spectacular. If the service is bad at any restaurant my advice is to complain. High prices are inevitable in a theme park, especially one as busy as WDW and even lower quality is somewhat understandable for the same reason. However surly service can not be justified especially with an organization that prides itself on customer service as Disney does.

Ohana is very different from the other two, it's much more casual and more family oriented. I thought the food there was just ok (aside from the bread pudding which is amazing but you can get that from Kona Cafe too). I haven't had dinner at Narcoossee's but I did have brunch there and it was absolutely perfect, I have no complaints and would do it again in a heartbeat. We did go for a big expensive dinner at Citricos, and it was fantastic as well. Our server was outstanding and the food was great. So first I would decide, do you want a nice leisurely (expensive) fine dining experience, or do you want something a little cheaper and more casual? If you want the fine dining experience, I would compare the menus of Narcoossee's and Citricos, and pick the one that most appeals to you. Unless you just catch them on an off night, I doubt you'll be disappointed with either.

I wouldn't consider Narcoosees fine dining, food not good enough. Fine dining prices, yes. Sorry!

Having eaten at all 3 I have to admit Ohana's is my vote. The other 2 are very nice but Ohana's is more casual (easier on the kids) and just more friendly. Now if this is just a date night (no kids) I would choose Citrico's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!