National EA - How's it work?

Rpsemont

DIS Veteran
Just made a reservation for National EA for midsize for a week in Feb. HOw's the EA work. We'd really prefer a full size. Can you pick a larger car when you get there? Or does anyone know are there some larger mid size cars that might be available? Also, How do you "register" two drivers. Both DH and I drive and I guess with EA there's no extra charge. Details, details please.

The way the EA works is that instead of going up to the counter to get your car you just walk outside to the EA lot and pick out a car from the car class that you have reserved. You just show your paperwork to the guy in the booth on your way out.
If you want to upgrade I would do that before because I think if you want to change once you get there you probably will have to go up to the counter to do that and it defeats the purpose of EA.
Also you do have to pay $5 extra per day per extra driver even with EA. This also needs to be done up at the counter.

There is no extra charge for a spouse to drive if you have an Emerald Club membership. The spouse does not have to have a membership to qualify for this "perk" -- just make sure the person with the membership is the name on the reservation.

Trust me, I've done this many times. Several times we offered my husband's drivers license and they said "oh, we don't need that, he's included." (I am the EC member.)

Also, you should really consider changing your reservation to a full size. In my experience, the price is EXACTLY THE SAME for midsize and full size when using Emerald Aisle.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

If you are an Emerald Aisle member, you can pick from any car on the aisle if your reservation says aisle service, not counter.

We usually book full size, so we are guaranteed at least a full size car, but once or twice we actually found a premium car on the aisle! :teeth:

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

Just made a reservation for National EA for midsize for a week in Feb. HOw's the EA work. We'd really prefer a full size. Can

You need to make a new reservation for a full size, don't try to modify the ressie, it will bump you back to counter service.
The price for the midsize and full are the same. By rebooking for a full size, you will be guaranteed a full size. You will only be guaranteed what you book, so, if you want a full size, that is what you need to book. Hope I am making sense here. :)
Did you use the coupon you can get on the net? It is worth 15.00 on a weekly rental. www.vacationoutlet.com click on cars, then national and then the coupon offer.

Gail -

)I did modify and it did change it to counter service

2) The price for mid size and full size were not the same ($169 base to $179 base) Dates 2/18-2/25

3) Used a coupon for $20 from entertainment book

I'd love to get the rate you got, but must not be offered at my times.

See more info in my other thread about combining discounts

Hi again,
I just plugged in your dates, using the EC sign on and the base rates are the same for the intermediate and full size.
The rate I received was using the AARP discount and the coupon found on the net.
Perhaps the codes make the rentals different base prices, but, the codes I have been playing with all give me the same base rates. Be aware, if you go to the counter with this rental, you will not get a full size ( as you stated you wanted) you will get what you rented.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter