NBA at Walt Disney World

Boardwalk (hotel)
Wilderness Lodge

no idea what else is available?

But as I was seeing the COVID numbers for the NBA, I was like, they need to get back into that Disney bubble...
Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club have 2021 opening dates (June 6 and May 30). Polynesian has no set date, but many/most rooms are currently gutted for renovation.
Jambo up through the 4th floor has no set reopening date (but there’s only 1 pool to share with Jambo DVC)
Neither Port Orleans resort has an opening date.
All Star Movies will open Mar 22, but Sports and Music would be available.

Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club have 2021 opening dates (June 6 and May 30). Polynesian has no set date, but many/most rooms are currently gutted for renovation.
Jambo up through the 4th floor has no set reopening date (but there’s only 1 pool to share with Jambo DVC)
Neither Port Orleans resort has an opening date.
All Star Movies will open Mar 22, but Sports and Music would be available.
ASM did have its opening date for the public moved back from what was originally announced... All resorts used for the NBA proceeded to open up to the public. If they stay someplace not open yet maybe it will be placed on the reopening schedule once they leave?

Would they fit at CSR? Only part of the resort is being used by Disney for the public right now, could they GF style blue wall off the unused part for G League?

I agree, and proximity isn’t an issue because they have busses to transport them. I doubt they’d put them at the All Stars, but I don’t think the POR resorts are out of the question.

My first thought was, well, this is why the PO resorts haven’t been announced as opening. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were used for other leagues as well.

This is only the G-league and the dates of play are Feb 8 to March 8th or 9th.

If they use Disney hotels, I think will be all the values that aren't open yet.
Perhaps that's the reason All Star Music was supposed to open on Feb 9 and it was pushed back to March 22.

The current NBA season is a mess. There is now rumours that if they make it through the regular season, that the playoffs will be in a bubble setting again. They won't be able to use Disney again since all the resorts they used are now opened, and any non-opened deluxe resorts have a DVC component that is hard to block off from the rest of the resort amenities. I'm wondering where they think they can set up another player bubble that would work as well as Disney did.

The current NBA season is a mess. There is now rumours that if they make it through the regular season, that the playoffs will be in a bubble setting again. They won't be able to use Disney again since all the resorts they used are now opened, and any non-opened deluxe resorts have a DVC component that is hard to block off from the rest of the resort amenities. I'm wondering where they think they can set up another player bubble that would work as well as Disney did.
What's to say Disney wouldn't just shut dowb whatever resorts they want to use and move the already booked guests,

What's to say Disney wouldn't just shut dowb whatever resorts they want to use and move the already booked guests,

That's true. They could also use any of the upscale good neighbour hotels that are willing to host them. I know even Destino Tower wasn't up to some of their standards. Just contract the facilities for the games from Disney, and the practice facilities (ballrooms) & rooms from another 5+ local hotel. The Raptors did that for their practice facility and new HQ in Tampa. They opted to move into the Marriott across the street from the arena and the hotel agreed to stay closed as long as they were in residence.

I have a feeling the NBA will want Vegas as their next bubble if they do another for the playoffs. But they could easily use Disney again, if the price was right for both sides. Disney could close down 1-2 resorts to accommodate the players and reassign guests. But I doubt they’ll be back at Disney.

I personally don’t see the NBA going back to the bubble concept. If they do it would be for the playoffs and theoretically things should be improving by then.

I noticed there was a little talk about the GLeague bubble. Not necessarily a whole lot of star power, although quite a few first round draft picks who are being parked in the GLeague for development.

The Santa Cruz Warriors do have Jeremy Lin though after he came back from China. I heard he was delayed because he needed to get a release from his team in China.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!