NBA at Walt Disney World

I don’t think anyone here can say that at this point. It barely had a chance pre-covid to begin with. It didn’t do much better or worse than DisneyQuest in its later years.

That's a very low bar. DisneyQuest in its later years was just left to rot, and everyone who saw it knew it...

That's a very low bar. DisneyQuest in its later years was just left to rot, and everyone who saw it knew it...
Of course so I don’t think you can call it dead yet. Disney also isn’t going to invest in something new in it anytime soon.

Adam Silver must have told the Lakers that they’re not going to be allowed to sweep like they discussed. They’re still paying for the hotel rooms a few more nights

Adam Silver must have told the Lakers that they’re not going to be allowed to sweep like they discussed. They’re still paying for the hotel rooms a few more nights
Lol. Yeah the leagues generally don’t like sweeps. Not good for their ratings. Same with the Stanley Cup. My Lightning had to give the Stars 2 wins to allow for more ratings and commercials during the games.

Overall the bubble was a success. Taking the worst situation and making it work like that. The NBA and Disney (the cast members, mousekeeping, etc.) really pulled it off. When you think about the coordination and the fact that no one got sick. Really impressive.

I'm pulling for the Lakers tonight, but the Heat are really giving them a hard time! Love it!

Overall the bubble was a success. Taking the worst situation and making it work like that. The NBA and Disney (the cast members, mousekeeping, etc.) really pulled it off. When you think about the coordination and the fact that no one got sick. Really impressive.

I'm pulling for the Lakers tonight, but the Heat are really giving them a hard time! Love it!
NHL too. Shows that bubbles work for sporting competitions. NHL was able to have 2 separate bubble cities and even transport 2 teams from the Toronto bubble into the Edmonton bubble with no positive cases. NFL could really learn from these 2 leagues.

Congrats to the Lakers on their championship. 👏🏻🍾🍾🍾

Maybe even more so, congratulations to the NBA, the Players, team leadership, Adam Silver, Bob Iger, WDW and the many, many CMs who made the impossible - possible! In a year that has seen life as we know it upended, it was good to have a safe, entertaining completion of the NBA season! #Bravo!

Congrats to Lakers! NBA Super Champs
And the Castle is aglow in Purple & Gold tonight!
They showed it just before the commercial break for barely a second!

I’ve said before that the NBA is not really my jam but the Bubble pulled me in and watching it all unfold at one of my favorite places in the world was one of the few bright spots in this miserable spring and summer. Kudos to the NBA for coming up with a plan that worked, Disney World for making the plan happen and the players for going all in to make it successful (except for the guy who snuck out to the strip club early on and the dude who snuck the COVID test technician into his room - no kudos for them 😂) Watching the Bubble vlogs was one of my favorite things the past few months. I’ll miss the updates from the Bubble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!