NBA at Walt Disney World

https://nypost.com/2020/10/26/lebron-james-could-skip-start-of-season-in-nba-disaster/
View attachment 534852

Thought this was an interesting enough snippet from the article to warrant a revival of this thread. Nothing specific about Disney, but if it turns out they go back into a bubble, and there’s 4 of them, it’s probably likely that Disney would get 1

I think that makes total sense. They already have the logistics down at WDW so would be pretty easy to get it going again. I would imagine they would only need CSR if only 1/4 of the league would use it at any one time? I would guess Las Vegas would be another spot - huge hotels/convention centers and they are already used to using that locale for the summer league.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/26/lebron-james-could-skip-start-of-season-in-nba-disaster/
View attachment 534852

Thought this was an interesting enough snippet from the article to warrant a revival of this thread. Nothing specific about Disney, but if it turns out they go back into a bubble, and there’s 4 of them, it’s probably likely that Disney would get 1

I think if the season does begin Dec 22, I can’t imagine they have time for camps and player development. I can totally see the veterans sitting out the first month and the younger players and bench mobs starting the season.

as of now, they are saying they’re trying to do a full mini series of games between a few teams in each area to keep their exposure low. Right now, Raptors need a new home “bubble” because of the border closure, but they’re floating KC, Newark, and Buffalo as options, not Orlando

The G league is going to be awesome this year. The NBA is kind of a disaster right now, but operating in the bubble will make it easier for them to play the games with full rosters, as intended. Plus, a lot of NBA players who weren’t picked up in the short off season because the camps really didn’t give them time to “audition”, are participating. Linsanity 2.0 could be coming our way.

I mean, the Sixers have 9 active players tonight and besides Danny Green and Dwight Howard, the rest of available players are basically G-leaguers anyways. Bubble G League at Disney all the way!!

So... Where are they going to sleep? Lots of the resorts that the NBA players stayed at previously are already open to guests. I guess Port Orleans: Riverside/French Quarter. All-Star Sports/Music are all options, but with 18 teams won’t a lot of them have to stay off-site?

So... Where are they going to sleep? Lots of the resorts that the NBA players stayed at previously are already open to guests. I guess Port Orleans: Riverside/French Quarter. All-Star Sports/Music are all options, but with 18 teams won’t a lot of them have to stay off-site?

Boardwalk (hotel)
Wilderness Lodge

no idea what else is available?

But as I was seeing the COVID numbers for the NBA, I was like, they need to get back into that Disney bubble...

These are G league players, not stars. A lot of them are kids, or aging players. They’ll probably put them in All Star and Port Orleans, or they’ll stay offsite. These are not the NBA stars that needed GR or the tower rooms. They wouldn’t use Boardwalk or Wilderness Lodge for them and have to worry about putting up the blue walls again.

These are G league players, not stars. A lot of them are kids, or aging players. They’ll probably put them in All Star and Port Orleans, or they’ll stay offsite. These are not the NBA stars that needed GR or the tower rooms. They wouldn’t use Boardwalk or Wilderness Lodge for them and have to worry about putting up the blue walls again.

I agree, and proximity isn’t an issue because they have busses to transport them. I doubt they’d put them at the All Stars, but I don’t think the POR resorts are out of the question.

Where did the WNBA stay during their bubble? Maybe the G League will usr offsite accommodations and just bus them in to the WWOS?

Where did the WNBA stay during their bubble? Maybe the G League will usr offsite accommodations and just bus them in to the WWOS?
Dorms of some sort and the conditions were HORRID. They'd be better off staying at the All Stars. I hate saying this, but I think they will treat the G League players better than they did the WNBA ones.

They stayed at the school’s dorms.

I was just thinking about the number of rooms that they’d need. I guess there’s also the Disney College Program rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter