NBP Room Only and Dining Plan

kmc8826

DIS Veteran
Couple probably stupid questions for the experts:

I have booked a room using Chase Ultimate Reward Points. Jumped through the hoops and it is now entered into MDE. On MDE it comes up as "NBP Room Only." We are annual passholders so having a ticket is not the issue. If I call Disney will I be allowed to add the dining plan to our room?

And am I correct that with the quick service plan you can have your drink be an alcoholic beverage if available?

Can I pay for the dining plan with a gift card?

Our trip isn't until end of January. Any advantage to adding dining plan now? As long as it is 72 hours ahead am I okay?

Thank you!

Our trip isn't until end of January. Any advantage to adding dining plan now? As long as it is 72 hours ahead am I okay?

I can't think of any advantage to doing it now, but the disadvantage is that it will make your room only into a package, and all package rules will apply. If you wait until the 72 hr mark, you'll just have to pay in full when you call. Be sure you ask to change your room only to a ticketless package.

You should be able to use a gift card, but I've never done it personally, so don't know that for sure.

Things have changed slightly recently, but generally, rooms booked through third parties cannot add the dining plan. I don’t think you’ll be able to add it.

Things have changed slightly recently, but generally, rooms booked through third parties cannot add the dining plan. I don’t think you’ll be able to add it.

Thanks. I just sucked it up and called Disney. They can see the reservation but can’t modify it (which includes dining plan). I don’t know if it might be worthwhile to try calling again and talking to another CM. This CM told me to call Chase and see what they can do. A little frustrating! I asked the CM what “NBP Room Only” meant. She said she had no idea...

Last edited:

NBP is a code regarding the room type. It doesn't really mean anything. But it is true that you will probably not be able to add a dining plan because you booked through a third party. The CM who told you to call Chase was likely correct, but that does not mean that Chase will be able to book you a dining plan. They will be able to do so only if they have the ability to book packages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!